Qualcomm

Relevance Date Difficulty

DSP Firmware Engineer Wireless Modem Interview

DSP Firmware Engineer Wireless Modem
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview started by asking me about the graduate research that i was doing currently. Then it went on to my previous work experience. Then technical qtns for OFDM, Wideband channels etc. They asked me simple C qtns. One algorithm qtn & one puzzle type qtn. The interviewer was very professional & disciplined.
It was very good experience. Have received a call for onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Given 2 32 bit numbers, how do u multiply them using 8bit multipliers?   View Answer
  • Given 25 red balls & 25 blue balls. Arrange them in 2 bowls such that when a ball is picked randomly from one of bowls, the probability of picking red ball is maximum??   View Answer
  • qtns abt OFDM, qtns abt cyclic prefix, qtns abt wideband channel, qtns abt block convolution: overlap save   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

DSP Firmware Engineer (Wireless Modem) Interview

DSP Firmware Engineer (Wireless Modem)
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2009.

Interview Details – The HR took 2 weeks to schedule the first phone interview. The interviewer asked about my background, academic projects and past internships. Then asked basic technical questions about computer architecture, basic DSP, and few C questions. I fumbled and did not get any further interviews.

Interview Question – Swap two numbers without using a temporary variable   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Qualcomm

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Qualcomm DSP Firmware Engineer Wireless Modem interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Qualcomm employees and interview candidates.