Qualcomm Design Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

6 interviews

3.3

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Design Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Obtained an interview through campus recruiting. It consisted of an hour and a half phone interview which started out with going through the resume and then led to several technical questions as a follow-on. After this, there was a day long on-site interview, starting with a 1hr presentation to a team of 8 people, followed by 1-1 sessions with several engineers.

Interview Questions
  • Analyze a switched capacitor circuit that one of the engineers drew, design a bias generator circuit, design a state machine   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2012.

Got an email to schedule an interview from HR after applied online for about two weeks.
    The interview was scheduled a week later, and was conducted by a Principle Engineer.
    Started by tell me about yourself question. Was asked technical questions based on
    information from my resume, namely OFDM, channel estimation and equalization.
    Also, practical questions on how cellular system works. The interview lasted
    about 40 mins. The next day got an email from HR that I have not got through the next
     round. But overall it was a good experience.

Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2011.

The people setting up the interview were very nice and courteous. The interview was highly technical and concentrated on expert level questions. The posted job was not for a principal or senior level engineer, but they were obviously looking for someone with that kind of experience. The interviewer had a condescending attitude when you didn't know the answer and would not have been a good person to work for. Someone mentioned that the PhDs at Qualcomm look down on people who don't have one and my experience supports that claim.

Design Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in August 2013.

It was through campus recruitment. They had two technical rounds. I cleared the first roud but was rejected in the second. In the first round they asked questions based on Finite State Machines. Also a simple digital circuit and it's truth table. Also I was asked to design an N-MOS inverter. There was also a puzzle - if there are 21 balls with only one weighing heavier, how will you find it using only one weighing balance in the minimum number of weighings?
    In my second round I was asked to design the FSM for a Vending Machine. And then they asked me to solve a timing analysis question which I couldn't. It was a little complex involving setup and hold time.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in August 2012.

First, there was a multiple choice computer based test. 3 parts: 1) Aptitude: Pretty simple questions asked. 20 questions
    2.)Computer programming: 15 questions .lengthy and time consuming questions on mainly loops and conditional statements
    3.) VLSI : MAinly questions on Microprocessors , digital design and a few on communication as well. 20 questions.

Then shortlist for interview. 2 technical rounds and a HR.
    Technical rounds: digital : questions on digital design, state diagrams, CMOS invertors and Microprocessors

Interview Questions
    • one question on CMOS invertor and another on harmonics of PSRR and something like that   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2012.

Great interview. Easy questions.

Interview Questions

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!