Qualcomm

Qualcomm Electrical Engineer Interview Questions

3.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Hiring process for Qualcomm is very slow. After I submitted my resume it took them 3 days to contact me via email. Then it took them 1-2 week to setup for a phone interview. After phone interview it took them 3-5 days for them to answer... The wait was dreading and long... I wish and hope they could improve their application review and scheduling process.

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm in November 2012.

The first phone interview (about 40 min), with an HR-type hiring manager - about your background, work history, your interest in the position, etc. This call is unannounced.

Second phone interview (1+ hour), was scheduled via email (about 2 weeks after the first one), and is with an engineering manager. This comprises a long Q&A session, pretty basic, but asks many questions like "explain to me what X is/does," and "how does X influence signal integrity in a design with Y?" If you know your stuff, and especially if you have some practical design experience, it's not too difficult.

...2-3 weeks later...

Invited to schedule an onsite interview. One full day: from 8am to 4pm, 8 back-to-back interviews (they herd you from one office to another, you're lucky if you find a minute to use the toilet!). 1 with an HR person (more behavioral), the rest with engineers. Some were not too tough (general topics, questions about your previous work projects - asking you to describe project details, objectives, your contributions, etc). But almost every engineer asked quiz-like questions too, again, some easy, a few very hard and confusing - like one guy drew a T-Line very strangely to confuse me and then asked about passive parasitic elements, input/output impedance within this high frequency digital circuit, and others using obscure and confusing wording.

I heard back from them about 2-3 days later with their decision.

Interview Questions
    • Design a clock divider circuit with minimal circuit element. Perform some worst-case timing analysis on this circuit. And a fee other digital logic design type questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in August 2010.

The interview process was fairly uncomplicated, high technical and conceptual. I had 3 telephone interviews and 1 on-site interview with Qualcomm. I had to cover all basic material, advanced concepts, know everything that is written on my resume, as well as a general knowledge about allied and related concepts

Interview Questions
    • Explain Stack Effect in MOS Transistors and difference between process and thread in computer architecture   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm in August 2009.

Phone screen took a week to set up. Then another 3 weeks to schedule in-person interview. Qualcomm paid for one night hotel stay plus mileage. Interviewed with six different people in four different buildings which I had to find and drive to. There are around 40 different Qualcomm buildings in the vicinity. Lunch time is no time to relax as you're being interviewed there. It's not easy answering technical questions while trying to eat at the same time. The last interview was with an HR person. After the interview it took 2 months before I heard their decision to not to extend an offer.