Qualcomm

Average Difficulty
30 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Got interview chance from internal referral. The entire process (from phone interview to onsite interview, and then got offer) takes about 1.5 month. One phone interview, and one onsite interview with 7 interviewers (6 technical interviewers and 1 HR).

Interview Question – How would you design an elevator system.
Follow up, is there any problems (from a embedded system point of view) you should prevent and how will you prevent it in your design.
  View Answer

San Diego, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Began with a phone screen interview which was all technical for about 45 mins to an hour. Called for on-site interview with 5-6 rounds. My first interviewer did not show up on time and the whole interview process was delayed by an hour and half. All the interviews after that were standard. But the interviewers were thoroughly unprofessional. They almost seemed disinterested in taking my interview and were making faces. Looking at their computer screen while hearing my answers and asking me questions.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions as such. I was asked a questions on details of MP3 format which were a little difficult.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had a better offer from another company. Also, I was very unimpressed with the team in general and the whole interview process. If they cant even conduct an interview properly, I can only imagine the quality of work they might be doing.

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in August 2013.

Interview Details – After the telephonic interview, I was asked for an on-site interview. The on-site interview had 7 back to back interviews. All the interviews are in different building locations and that was the biggest challenge. Some interviewers were late or were missing from their offices, so the interviews time had to be extended. I had no breather in-between those interviews as I had to literally run to catch up the other interviews on time. Overall a very bad experience.

Interview Question – Find a software bug from a code snippet. The code had something to do with malloc and calloc.   Answer Question

Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume, I received an e-mail stating they were interested. The phone interview wasn't too bad, it lasted about 1 hour and focused mainly on technical programming questions. The on-site interview was pretty intense. I interviewed with 4 different people where they grilled me on technical questions. They are mostly interested in data storage and retrieval; hash tables, binary search trees, etc.

Interview Question – Given a list from 1 to 100, name all the different ways you can determine if there are duplicates. Which is the most efficient?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Embedded Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied different positions 2 months ago. Received an e-mail for setting up phone interview. Phone interview lasted an hour. Most of the questions were from my background and there was only a simple technical question or at least that's what I thought. Wrote the solution in under a minute. He kept asking more and more questions in detail also made me solve it using another way. I explained him how post increment works yet he just didn't understand and kept arguing. Finally, he noticed a bug which he didn't find at first look and his tone just went down. Overall this was a waste of time on my end with all the time I spent studying only to argue what I told was true. On the other hand the HR (for once) didn't keep me waiting for an answer more than a week.

Interview Question – How post increment works.   Answer Question

Boulder, CO

I interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Invited for a phone interview after 2 months.

Interview Question – Questions about RTOS   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm in August 2013.

Interview Details – Lots of questions on operating systems

Interview Question – finding the direction of a rotating disc   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – two phone call interviews and followed by an onsite.

Interview Question – about mutex and semaphore.   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2013.

Interview Details – its easy question
and only depend on phone interview for contract position.
explain your self.
 Past all experience and most depend on your resume.

Interview Question – why qualcomm you think so its perfect for you. then he just round up reallly well   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring process is very general. It consists one phone interview and an on-site interview.
The procedures are not well managed, but you will at least hear the feedback from HR (unlike other companies which let you hang forever.) The only thing that I do not like is that they have switched 3 HRs and 2 Hiring staff in between your interview setup, on-site arrangement, on-site greeting, and feedback to your interview. So, the last hiring staff has no really feedback for me other than hire or decline due to the reason that she is not working directly with the team that I interviewed with.

The phone interview was delayed; the interviewer does not know my background (never see my resume) before start.

The onsite interview is not very organized. The same questions will be asked repeatly. I believe this is because the interviewers are randomly selected and never conduct a plan before interview the candidates. The interviewers are asking general questions, but they might not like your answers if it is from textbook. They want you answer their questions based on your personal experiences (which you might not even experienced in your work.)

Interview Question – Brain Teasers: questions are not hard if you are calm.
Engineers are not familiar with your resume, so one of the engineer asked me what do you think I should question you (like what do you believe is your strength and where should he start this interview.)
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Qualcomm

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Qualcomm Embedded Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 30 interview reviews posted anonymously by Qualcomm employees and interview candidates.