Qualcomm

Updated Jun 27, 2014

2.9

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Got interview chance from internal referral. The entire process (from phone interview to onsite interview, and then got offer) takes about 1.5 month. One phone interview, and one onsite interview with 7 interviewers (6 technical interviewers and 1 HR).

Interview Questions
  • How would you design an elevator system.
    Follow up, is there any problems (from a embedded system point of view) you should prevent and how will you prevent it in your design.

View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Began with a phone screen interview which was all technical for about 45 mins to an hour. Called for on-site interview with 5-6 rounds. My first interviewer did not show up on time and the whole interview process was delayed by an hour and half. All the interviews after that were standard. But the interviewers were thoroughly unprofessional. They almost seemed disinterested in taking my interview and were making faces. Looking at their computer screen while hearing my answers and asking me questions.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions as such. I was asked a questions on details of MP3 format which were a little difficult.   Answer Question

I had a better offer from another company. Also, I was very unimpressed with the team in general and the whole interview process. If they cant even conduct an interview properly, I can only imagine the quality of work they might be doing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

After submitting my resume, I received an e-mail stating they were interested. The phone interview wasn't too bad, it lasted about 1 hour and focused mainly on technical programming questions. The on-site interview was pretty intense. I interviewed with 4 different people where they grilled me on technical questions. They are mostly interested in data storage and retrieval; hash tables, binary search trees, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Given a list from 1 to 100, name all the different ways you can determine if there are duplicates. Which is the most efficient?   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm in September 2013.

Applied different positions 2 months ago. Received an e-mail for setting up phone interview. Phone interview lasted an hour. Most of the questions were from my background and there was only a simple technical question or at least that's what I thought. Wrote the solution in under a minute. He kept asking more and more questions in detail also made me solve it using another way. I explained him how post increment works yet he just didn't understand and kept arguing. Finally, he noticed a bug which he didn't find at first look and his tone just went down. Overall this was a waste of time on my end with all the time I spent studying only to argue what I told was true. On the other hand the HR (for once) didn't keep me waiting for an answer more than a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

two phone call interviews and followed by an onsite.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in August 2013.

After the telephonic interview, I was asked for an on-site interview. The on-site interview had 7 back to back interviews. All the interviews are in different building locations and that was the biggest challenge. Some interviewers were late or were missing from their offices, so the interviews time had to be extended. I had no breather in-between those interviews as I had to literally run to catch up the other interviews on time. Overall a very bad experience.

Interview Questions
    • Find a software bug from a code snippet. The code had something to do with malloc and calloc.   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm in August 2013.

Lots of questions on operating systems

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm.

It was good except for the one guy who keep asking bus related questions. My answer wasn't making him happy.

Interview Questions
    • How to code kernel accessible by multi-tasks without wait.   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Initial phone technical interview consisted of simple C programming features and keywords (static keyword, caching, etc). On-site interview offer followed up in less than two weeks. They paid for ticket and hotel. The interview consisted of a number of one-on-one sessions with members of different teams.

Interview Questions
    • Linked list manipulation, big/little endian conversion   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm in June 2013.

Hiring process is very general. It consists one phone interview and an on-site interview.
    The procedures are not well managed, but you will at least hear the feedback from HR (unlike other companies which let you hang forever.) The only thing that I do not like is that they have switched 3 HRs and 2 Hiring staff in between your interview setup, on-site arrangement, on-site greeting, and feedback to your interview. So, the last hiring staff has no really feedback for me other than hire or decline due to the reason that she is not working directly with the team that I interviewed with.

The phone interview was delayed; the interviewer does not know my background (never see my resume) before start.

The onsite interview is not very organized. The same questions will be asked repeatly. I believe this is because the interviewers are randomly selected and never conduct a plan before interview the candidates. The interviewers are asking general questions, but they might not like your answers if it is from textbook. They want you answer their questions based on your personal experiences (which you might not even experienced in your work.)

Interview Questions
    • Brain Teasers: questions are not hard if you are calm.
      Engineers are not familiar with your resume, so one of the engineer asked me what do you think I should question you (like what do you believe is your strength and where should he start this interview.)

Answer Question