Qualcomm

Getting the Interview

43 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Diego, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2011.

Interview Details – I got a phone call from the DSP Group for a phone interview for the following week,
Tested on DSP, C, C++, Comms theory,ECC etc...

Interview Question – given 20 "destructable" light bulbs(which breaks at certain height), and a building with 100 floors, how do you determine the height that the light bulb breaks.   View Answers (52)

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2010.

Interview Details – Received a phone call to schedule a phone interview. Then received a phone call with 2-3 engineers and answered some technical questions. Subsequently scheduled an on-site interview.

There were 4 sessions each about an hour with 2-3 people. Questions about micro-architecture and logic design were asked. Variable-width adder, pipeline control, cache configuration, multiplier, etc.

Interview Question – Design a variable data-width parallel adder that can optionally be signed or cosigned using a minimal number of bits.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate but decided not to. The process of getting an offer through the hiring system is rather long (2 weeks) so negotiations would take a while. My advice is to ask for a higher number than you'd be willing to settle for in the first place.

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2011.

Interview Details – Graphical Design

Interview Question – How do you find the pixel of a point at which two triangles of different colors overlap   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2011.

Interview Details – two phone interviews, the first one basically covers the resume, and the second one concentrates on technical questions

Interview Question – smith chart, transmission line   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Diego, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2009.

Interview Details – Email, 4 phone interviews - basic C/OS/OOP fundamentals, networking questions, famous little endian big endian question and resume based.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Always negotiate.

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2008.

Interview Details – I had several phone interviews with Qualcomm for their engineer positions but failed to score an on-site one mostly because I wasn't very prepared for their technical questions. So make sure you got the basics down before applying. As much as I remember, those interview questions cover lots of C fundamentals such as pointers, function pointers and function calls, as well as other computer science knowledge. Good luck!

Interview Question – C fundamentals such as pointers, function pointers and function calls   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed for a New Grad Software Engineer. It consisted of an initial phone interview (Technical + HR).
The flew to San Diego for On-site interview in about 3 weeks time. The on-site interview consisted of about 8 interviews with each interview focusing on various aspects of Embedded Software Engineering (like general problem solving, Embedded Systems/RTOS knowledge, C programming).
Interviews were with Managers as well as Software Engineers.
Overall good experience.

Interview Question – Design a lift control system and make it foolproof.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Could not negotiate.

San Diego, CA

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed over the phone by an HR rep and a Staff Engineer.... The HR reps questions were pretty easy and the Staff Engineer who was also a manager asked more about my current work and basic C/C++ questions.... regarding inheritance and semaphores....wasn't that difficult...

Interview Question – what are semaphores....   View Answer

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2008.

Interview Details – All my interviewers were very nice. They had very good understanding of their field and started interview with telling me about their job profile, job functions etc.

My interview was 80% technical and 20% aptitude based.

I was asked questions on computer architecture, courses I took in my master's program, puzzles.

Lunch interview was also technical as interviewer kept asking me about my internship experience.

I was almost brain dead by the end of the interview :(

Interview Question – Given two design with n number of ports, how would you make sure that they are same.   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2007.

Interview Details – I had interviews with several people for a systems engineering position; some of them technical and some of them to test the people skills; questions ranged from coding ability to knowledge of the network security concepts. ability to understand the challenges of the mobile ecosystem was also tested. the interview spanned over two days with different set of people over the two days.

Interview Questions

• describe the challenges in providing applications on a mobile device.   View Answer
  • what are the challenges and opportunities in the mobile ecosystem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiate harder knowing that HR will try to pull you down in terms of salary and position.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Qualcomm