Qualcomm Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

57 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in July 2011.

4-5 rounds targeting skills in Computer Architecture(Basic and Avanced), Verilog, System Verilog,C, C++, Perl programming skills, real-time design and verification questions, and also projects I did during my Masters

Interview Questions
  • Was given a design and asked how would I verify it? What interesting test-cases I could think of?etc   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in June 2011.

I got a phone call from the DSP Group for a phone interview for the following week,
    Tested on DSP, C, C++, Comms theory,ECC etc...

Interview Questions
    • given 20 "destructable" light bulbs(which breaks at certain height), and a building with 100 floors, how do you determine the height that the light bulb breaks.   View Answers (53)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in June 2011.

Was contacted and asked to meet one person. Subsequently went in spent most of a day meeting 5 people.

Their interview process seems to be structured for someone who is not very senior. They ask a lot of very basic questions on digital design, DSP, communications.

Found that most of the interviewers had a lot less experience and so their perspective is very limited. Out of the 6 people met, in total three seemed to adapt to the level of the person being interviewed while the others stuck to the type of questioning for a mid to junior level person and not the type of interview someone with more than 2 decades of experience would expect. Some of them did not seem to understand the topics they were asking questions on and failed to understand things when alternate solutions were proposed or it was pointed out what they were saying is incorrect.. Sent one of them excerpts from text books subsequently.

For a senior person, I woud have expected them to discuss past work experience, and get into technical discussions of past projects and how it relates to what they do, chip architecture, etc. They stuck to mostly simple questions such as synchronization, FIFOS, state machines, C syntax, PERL syntax, etc. Only two or three of them seemed to a have broader perspective, the rest seemed to be run of the mill with no idea as to how conduct a proper interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in March 2011.

Graphical Design

Interview Questions
    • How do you find the pixel of a point at which two triangles of different colors overlap   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2011.

two phone interviews, the first one basically covers the resume, and the second one concentrates on technical questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in July 2010.

I had a prior internship with Qualcomm. Within 2 months of the end of my internship, Qualcomm notified me that I was selected for a full-time hire. They performed a background check (no drug test) and let my previous experience speak for itself. To my knowledge, Qualcomm is great at rolling over interns. They trust in their initial recruitment and ask the majority of their interns to come back as long as their exit interview was satisfactory.

The exit interview at the end of the internship is a discussion with your manager. They provide feedback on your performance and you have the chance to ask any questions, similar to a one-on-one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in July 2010.

Mainly just a phone interview. Interview started late but did go about an hour. The interview was with a director who did all of the talking although there were 4 other people in the room at the time. Phone interview was typical, simple questions about yield and such and some device questions. Was told at the end of the interview that they would get back to me in about 1-2 weeks. Presently waiting for their return call to schedule an onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • Where does the leekage current come from when the transister is turned off?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm in March 2010.

I was interviewed for a New Grad Software Engineer. It consisted of an initial phone interview (Technical + HR).
    The flew to San Diego for On-site interview in about 3 weeks time. The on-site interview consisted of about 8 interviews with each interview focusing on various aspects of Embedded Software Engineering (like general problem solving, Embedded Systems/RTOS knowledge, C programming).
    Interviews were with Managers as well as Software Engineers.
    Overall good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Design a lift control system and make it foolproof.   View Answer
    Could not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2010.

Received a phone call to schedule a phone interview. Then received a phone call with 2-3 engineers and answered some technical questions. Subsequently scheduled an on-site interview.

There were 4 sessions each about an hour with 2-3 people. Questions about micro-architecture and logic design were asked. Variable-width adder, pipeline control, cache configuration, multiplier, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Design a variable data-width parallel adder that can optionally be signed or cosigned using a minimal number of bits.   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate but decided not to. The process of getting an offer through the hiring system is rather long (2 weeks) so negotiations would take a while. My advice is to ask for a higher number than you'd be willing to settle for in the first place.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in December 2009.

Interviewed over the phone by an HR rep and a Staff Engineer.... The HR reps questions were pretty easy and the Staff Engineer who was also a manager asked more about my current work and basic C/C++ questions.... regarding inheritance and semaphores....wasn't that difficult...