Qualcomm

Average Difficulty
56 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in August 2011.

Interview Details – A full day of interviewing. 6 people and each got 45min. Asked all technical questions. Some questions were tough so I started telling the interviewers my thought processes regarding how I would approach the problem.

Interview Question – Showed me some code and asked where the problems were   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating on my part. I am pleased with the offer and accepted

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2009.

Interview Details – smooth process. phone interview first and if pass, on-site interview.
1 on 1 interviews, and with 4~5 different engineers.
HR will be the host through out the day and answers many questions.
Very fast response either yes or no.

Interview Question – technical problems, real life issues   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online~ Two weeks after, recruiter contacted and scheduled a phone interview, mainly focus on the resume, all technical questions~ A week later, on site invitation came~ Took a whole day, interviewed by 7 or 8 staff member of the team, still mainly focus on the resume, but more details and in-depth questions related to the resume. Two week laters, got rejected~~ In general, very professional company, people are very nice there~

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2011.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview was very basic and relatively short (30 mins). Questions ranged from basic EE 101 type to synthesis issues. It was NOT by the hiring manager but another engineers in the hiring team.

Interview Question – Setup and hold time questions. Add inverters on the clock path, etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – My staffing specialist didn't try to really negotiate. I knew what QC had offered another candidate a week before with identical qualifications and job description. When asked, the high end of the salary for the staff engineer, she said it was way above and quoted $30k less. I asked about benefits, etc., and said in between the two numbers was acceptable.

Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2011.

Interview Details – Was contacted and asked to meet one person. Subsequently went in spent most of a day meeting 5 people.

Their interview process seems to be structured for someone who is not very senior. They ask a lot of very basic questions on digital design, DSP, communications.

Found that most of the interviewers had a lot less experience and so their perspective is very limited. Out of the 6 people met, in total three seemed to adapt to the level of the person being interviewed while the others stuck to the type of questioning for a mid to junior level person and not the type of interview someone with more than 2 decades of experience would expect. Some of them did not seem to understand the topics they were asking questions on and failed to understand things when alternate solutions were proposed or it was pointed out what they were saying is incorrect.. Sent one of them excerpts from text books subsequently.

For a senior person, I woud have expected them to discuss past work experience, and get into technical discussions of past projects and how it relates to what they do, chip architecture, etc. They stuck to mostly simple questions such as synchronization, FIFOS, state machines, C syntax, PERL syntax, etc. Only two or three of them seemed to a have broader perspective, the rest seemed to be run of the mill with no idea as to how conduct a proper interview.

San Diego, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2011.

Interview Details – I got a phone call from the DSP Group for a phone interview for the following week,
Tested on DSP, C, C++, Comms theory,ECC etc...

Interview Question – given 20 "destructable" light bulbs(which breaks at certain height), and a building with 100 floors, how do you determine the height that the light bulb breaks.   View Answers (53)

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2010.

Interview Details – Received a phone call to schedule a phone interview. Then received a phone call with 2-3 engineers and answered some technical questions. Subsequently scheduled an on-site interview.

There were 4 sessions each about an hour with 2-3 people. Questions about micro-architecture and logic design were asked. Variable-width adder, pipeline control, cache configuration, multiplier, etc.

Interview Question – Design a variable data-width parallel adder that can optionally be signed or cosigned using a minimal number of bits.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate but decided not to. The process of getting an offer through the hiring system is rather long (2 weeks) so negotiations would take a while. My advice is to ask for a higher number than you'd be willing to settle for in the first place.

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2011.

Interview Details – Graphical Design

Interview Question – How do you find the pixel of a point at which two triangles of different colors overlap   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2011.

Interview Details – two phone interviews, the first one basically covers the resume, and the second one concentrates on technical questions

Interview Question – smith chart, transmission line   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Diego, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2009.

Interview Details – Email, 4 phone interviews - basic C/OS/OOP fundamentals, networking questions, famous little endian big endian question and resume based.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Always negotiate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Qualcomm