Qualcomm Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

56 interviews

3.2

56 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2008.

I had several phone interviews with Qualcomm for their engineer positions but failed to score an on-site one mostly because I wasn't very prepared for their technical questions. So make sure you got the basics down before applying. As much as I remember, those interview questions cover lots of C fundamentals such as pointers, function pointers and function calls, as well as other computer science knowledge. Good luck!

Interview Questions
  • C fundamentals such as pointers, function pointers and function calls   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2010.

Mainly just a phone interview. Interview started late but did go about an hour. The interview was with a director who did all of the talking although there were 4 other people in the room at the time. Phone interview was typical, simple questions about yield and such and some device questions. Was told at the end of the interview that they would get back to me in about 1-2 weeks. Presently waiting for their return call to schedule an onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • Where does the leekage current come from when the transister is turned off?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2010.

I was interviewed for a New Grad Software Engineer. It consisted of an initial phone interview (Technical + HR).
    The flew to San Diego for On-site interview in about 3 weeks time. The on-site interview consisted of about 8 interviews with each interview focusing on various aspects of Embedded Software Engineering (like general problem solving, Embedded Systems/RTOS knowledge, C programming).
    Interviews were with Managers as well as Software Engineers.
    Overall good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Design a lift control system and make it foolproof.   View Answer
    Could not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2009.

I applied to Embedded S/W position in QCT via Online. After applying the position, I got a contact e-mail from HR to arrange Phone Interview. I had a Phone Interview with a senior-level engineer and was invited to their site after 3 weeks. Then, I had several 1:1 interviews including HR. After 1 week, I got reject e-mail.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2009.

Interviewed over the phone by an HR rep and a Staff Engineer.... The HR reps questions were pretty easy and the Staff Engineer who was also a manager asked more about my current work and basic C/C++ questions.... regarding inheritance and semaphores....wasn't that difficult...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2008.

All my interviewers were very nice. They had very good understanding of their field and started interview with telling me about their job profile, job functions etc.

My interview was 80% technical and 20% aptitude based.

I was asked questions on computer architecture, courses I took in my master's program, puzzles.

Lunch interview was also technical as interviewer kept asking me about my internship experience.

I was almost brain dead by the end of the interview :(

Interview Questions
    • Given two design with n number of ports, how would you make sure that they are same.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2007.

I had interviews with several people for a systems engineering position; some of them technical and some of them to test the people skills; questions ranged from coding ability to knowledge of the network security concepts. ability to understand the challenges of the mobile ecosystem was also tested. the interview spanned over two days with different set of people over the two days.

Interview Questions
    • describe the challenges in providing applications on a mobile device.   View Answer
    • what are the challenges and opportunities in the mobile ecosystem.   Answer Question
    negotiate harder knowing that HR will try to pull you down in terms of salary and position.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2009.

Lots of difficult logic problem type questions with very short time constraints. I had this type of question from 3 out of 5 interviewers.

One interviewer could not be found, but eventually showed up about 20 minutes late. She was very unfriendly. I'm certain my interview was very inconveneint for her.

During the last interviewer I was asked by the boss to invent the interview questions, write them down, and then write down my answers. When I asked him what he liked best about his job his response was that it is "very boring". At that point I didn't want the job anymore!

Interview Questions
    • Find optimizations to simplify the implementation of a FIR filter followed by a by four decimation.   View Answers (2)
    • Design a circuit to collect 4 largest values from a time sequence (i.e. monitor bus and grab four largest values). use only 4 comparators. You get 10 minutes.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2009.

I applied online and recieved a telephonic call for setting up the interview.

Interview Questions
    • questions was on basic Cprogramming? What is the return value of any function call?   Answer Question

Campus Interview

Interview Questions
    Nothing much as it is campus offer