Qualcomm

Average Difficulty
56 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2011.

Interview Details – 4-5 rounds targeting skills in Computer Architecture(Basic and Avanced), Verilog, System Verilog,C, C++, Perl programming skills, real-time design and verification questions, and also projects I did during my Masters

Interview Question – Was given a design and asked how would I verify it? What interesting test-cases I could think of?etc   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – I interviewed with 6 people; one of them took me out to lunch. Each interview was 45 minutes to an hour long. Interesting questions and great people. HR was bad - it took a very long time to hear back from them. I had other offers in hand so I had to continually reach out to them for feedback. They got back to me at the last minute with an offer. When I started the job, I was informed that I had been placed in a different role than the one I had interviewed for - I was not consulted on this change in role. I thought that this was very unprofessional.

Interview Question – A question about flip-flops - I was interviewing for an analog position so this was unexpected but I worked through the problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation allowed for a fresh graduate is what I was told. When I joined, I found out that this was not true and that I was very underpaid.

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – I was rollover from Intern to Full Time, joined in 2004 unfortunately no joining bonus started with very low base salary.

Interview Question – Had few technical questions related to OP-AMP, Schmidt trigger, Interrupts etc. I didn't have formal interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unfortunately I didn't negotiate.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Qualcomm

Interview Details – I had an interview which went on for a while. It was not that difficult. The people who interviewed me were really nice. The interview was for internship. After I was done with the internship, I got an offer for full-time but even that required some rounds of interviews which I managed to crack.

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate at all

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Interview process was very quick in my case and to the point.

Interview Question – I was asked to answer a lot of puzzle questions and one of them was the Dinning Philosophers problem. Answering the question was no problem but i had to provide analysis on the answer which was a little tricky.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very short. I'd recommend negotiating esp if you are assigned as a contract since the consultant ends up making more money than you do.

Interviewed at Qualcomm

Interview Details – no general question.
First round telephone interview is start with going over the resume and then technical stuff.
coherent bandwidth and coherent
handoff between two base station
Turbo code.
and compare the higher order modulation and lower order modulation
noise figure

Interview Question – noise figure in the amplifier   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – It is difficult to break into the hiring process at Qualcomm because so many people apply. The best ways to improve your chance of getting hired: try to get an internship while you are still in college. They offer many opportunities for engineering interns, and the experience will help you no matter where you go after college. If not a new grad, be sure the key words in your resume are the right kind for the job you want. Prepare extremely well for the interview process. You will likely talk to 6 to 8 people, and will likely be called back for another round before being hired. Because it is a large company with many positions hiring, the process is cumbersome and can take far longer than you think it should. Do your best to get business cards or at least the full names of the people who speak with you. Send thank you notes after the interview, by paper or email, and it is OK to inquire a week or two later to the HR representative about how the process is going. You can also ask where they are in the process while you are interviewing. You will interview with people from more than one department, and will get technical questions and experience/personality questions. If you are an electrical engineer, you should be able to describe basic circuits, and may get some very in depth questions, so brush up on what you should know as an engineer in your field! Learn something about Qualcomm technology so that you can ask good questions. Any engineering interviewee will get some technical probing. Know as much as possible about what Qualcomm does, how CDMA works, what kinds of technologies are used to make Qualcomm products and where Qualcomm products are used. If you have some work experience already, emphasize what you have accomplished and what your role was in different projects at your current or previous jobs. You want to sound like someone who can be cooperative, creative, hard-working, take initiative, have good judgement, solve problems, keep company goals in mind, etc. Think about how to describe how you have done these things in detail before you go for the interview. Some people at Qualcomm are very detailed interviewers with lots of interviewing experience, so expect it and be prepared. You will not likely be given a personality test, drug test, or IQ test of any kind.

Interview Question – Most difficult questions will be probing of previous experiences and where you have shown leadership. This is a company that wants to hire leaders at every level. Know what you will say when asked what your areas of least and greatest strength are. The best type of weakness or least strength can be something that is actually a strength, it depends how you word it :) For example, "I don't have patience sometimes when people say they will do something and then they don't do it." Your are saying impatience is a weakness, but really you are showing that you are the type of person who does what he says he will do and expects the same from others.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not a huge amount of negotiation possible, but a few thousand can be gotten.

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2009.

Interview Details – Prepare to be interviewed in a round table, ~7-8 engineers will fire off questions. A Manager will be there as well to see how well you manage questions, and deal with pressure. Interview lasts 2-3 hours. Recently they have liked to hire people who are team players rather than pure independent folks.

Interview Questions

• Explain as an engineer how you manage your tasks, and how you can get the task done under different project leads?   View Answer
  • You are expected to work nights and weekends, do you have a problem with that?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offers given are done on a computer, you can "accept" or "deny". Negotiate first with the hiring manager, because afterwards the computer system will only allow you to accept or deny the job. HR will refuse to negotiate and tell you it's a final offer. It's very difficult to adjust your pay to the market afterwards when you are an employee, don't make the mistake to wait and discuss about pay, do it before the rate goes to HR.

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2012.

Interview Details – This interview is terrible. The interviewer called me 15 minutes before the scheduled time, and I was not at the phone. When I called back, he didn't know what to say and it became so embarrassing. Actually, I didn't even remember when do I applied for such a position and I got a phone interview...

The interviewer kept asking me low-level hardware debugging questions, such as "what is CPU exception/what is system call"...

I was applying for software development positions, but this group did major hardware debugging, which is rather challenging. I think this is the major reason they rejected me, but I am also wondering why they selected me for an interview...

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

San Diego, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2010.

Interview Details – I had a prior internship with Qualcomm. Within 2 months of the end of my internship, Qualcomm notified me that I was selected for a full-time hire. They performed a background check (no drug test) and let my previous experience speak for itself. To my knowledge, Qualcomm is great at rolling over interns. They trust in their initial recruitment and ask the majority of their interns to come back as long as their exit interview was satisfactory.

The exit interview at the end of the internship is a discussion with your manager. They provide feedback on your performance and you have the chance to ask any questions, similar to a one-on-one.

Interview Question – What do you think are your areas for improvement?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Qualcomm

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Qualcomm Engineering interview questions and advice. All 56 interview reviews posted anonymously by Qualcomm employees and interview candidates.