Qualcomm

43 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2009.

Interview Details – Lots of difficult logic problem type questions with very short time constraints. I had this type of question from 3 out of 5 interviewers.

One interviewer could not be found, but eventually showed up about 20 minutes late. She was very unfriendly. I'm certain my interview was very inconveneint for her.

During the last interviewer I was asked by the boss to invent the interview questions, write them down, and then write down my answers. When I asked him what he liked best about his job his response was that it is "very boring". At that point I didn't want the job anymore!

Interview Questions

• Find optimizations to simplify the implementation of a FIR filter followed by a by four decimation.   View Answers (2)
  • Design a circuit to collect 4 largest values from a time sequence (i.e. monitor bus and grab four largest values). use only 4 comparators. You get 10 minutes.   View Answer

Interviewed at Qualcomm

Interview Details – Campus Interview

Interview Question – About CMOS Inverter Characterisitcs   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing much as it is campus offer

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process is tough. you need to be technically very strong in OS, networks, C programming languages. not much of puzzles and algorithms will be asked. 3 technical rounds and 1 HR round. apart from 1 online written test. will receive a mail about the status of the job offer a week later

Interview Question – he asked me to write algorithm for magic square problem which i was not aware of. he helped me in answering that question   View Answer

Negotiation Details – i was fresher so did not negotiate anything. just accepted what they have offered

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

Interview Details – Telephone interview for 30 mins and then onsite interview of about 5 rounds
Questions:
srns relocation procedure
what are the ranges of uplink and downlink frequencies in gsm? which is higher and which is lower? reasons why higher?
why Qpsk is used in cdma? why gmsk is used in gsm?
waveform of gmsk? properties of gmsk? how to generate gmsk
dpcm and delta modulation differences
Authentication procedures between Ms sgsn and hlr
ofdm basics - why ofdm? interleaving? disadvantages and advantages of ofdm. PAPR reduction techniques
sampling theorem related questions - nyquist rate
result of convolution of two sine waves of different frequencies
quantization related questions
Rayleigh and ricean fading differences
Maximum number of pdp contexts per subscriber
Integration and cyphering keys usage
Explain Paging of MS
functions of rnc
fields in ms network capability part in gmm attach message
messages involved in basic attach procedure

reversing a singly linked list using one temporary variable without recursion
easy way to multiply a number by 7
given x, program to count number of set bits in all number upto x
count number of set bits in a number
write a program for binary search tree
write a program to sort numbers using selection sort
questions related to malloc and calloc
how to delete a particular node in a singly linked list if the address of the node to be deleted is the only thing we know
what is memory leak
what is dangling pointer
difference between enum and costant
data type of enum
static and global variables related questions
difference between local static and global static variables
what is deadlock? causes? ways to avoid
page replacement in memory
mutex semaphore concepts
process control block related questions
scheduling a process
scheduling algorithms
what is message passing and how to synchonize concurrently running processes
cache memory/virtual memory related questions

how to cut a random piece of cake into two equal halves
building with n floor. find the floor of least height where a pane of glass breaks when dropped, in minimum number of attempts
derive the formula to find volume of a pyramid,cylinder
what is probability? sample size? probability related mathematical question
circuits related - draw and gate,or gate, xor gate
2s compliment of a number
bcd addition related

Interview Question – Authentication procedures between Ms sgsn and hlr   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not given a chance to negotiate !!

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in August 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process was quite good and communication was very effective with no delays. There was telephonic round for a half an hour. F2F was for almost all day which includes 5 to 6 rounds followed by the HR round. This was again followed by another telephonic round after which the offer was made

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions as such, they try to gauge the overall knowledge of the candidate   Answer Question

Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – I got hired from the university recruiting through resume droped. i was contacted by the HR for the phone interview which went well. Then I was asked to come to San Diego for on-site interview. The offer was made 3-4 weeks later but there was hardly any possibility of negotiations.

Interview Question – Pretty standard RF related questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – hardly any possibility of negotiations during downturn. Try to get high salary and dont get sold on benefits or relocation

Hsinchu (Taiwan)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2011.

Interview Details – 1. HR recruiter called me. Notice me the interview date.
2. One-to-one Interview with a manager and short talk about this job and my previous experience. There is no difficult process and further test or interview for this position.
3. Notice me the arrival date three weeks later.
4. Sign the contract about one week before the arrival date.

Interview Question – There is no difficult question during my interview.   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2009.

Interview Details – I was hired from campus and there was a written test concentrated on the basics.

It was followed with 2 interviews mostly on networking, some basic C/C++ coding. It was a good interviewing experience.

Offer letter and stuff was pretty delayed,, but it was well communicated.

Interview Question – Write code for insertion deletion of a node in circular doubly linked list.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no noegotiation, campus hire.h

Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2012.

Interview Details – 4 round were there. 2 tech+ 2 HR. they asked about VLSI basics, different fault types, digital questions etc.

Interview Question – flipflop using CMOS gates   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2008.

Interview Details – Telephonic and face to face round involved technical questions only.

Interview Question – How many objects are in this room(OOAD questions) ?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Qualcomm