Qualcomm

Qualcomm Engineering Interview Questions

3.2

57 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2009.

Prepare to be interviewed in a round table, ~7-8 engineers will fire off questions. A Manager will be there as well to see how well you manage questions, and deal with pressure. Interview lasts 2-3 hours. Recently they have liked to hire people who are team players rather than pure independent folks.

Interview Questions
  • Explain as an engineer how you manage your tasks, and how you can get the task done under different project leads?   View Answer
  • You are expected to work nights and weekends, do you have a problem with that?   View Answer
The offers given are done on a computer, you can "accept" or "deny". Negotiate first with the hiring manager, because afterwards the computer system will only allow you to accept or deny the job. HR will refuse to negotiate and tell you it's a final offer. It's very difficult to adjust your pay to the market afterwards when you are an employee, don't make the mistake to wait and discuss about pay, do it before the rate goes to HR.

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in September 2009.

I applied to Embedded S/W position in QCT via Online. After applying the position, I got a contact e-mail from HR to arrange Phone Interview. I had a Phone Interview with a senior-level engineer and was invited to their site after 3 weeks. Then, I had several 1:1 interviews including HR. After 1 week, I got reject e-mail.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in July 2009.

Lots of difficult logic problem type questions with very short time constraints. I had this type of question from 3 out of 5 interviewers.

One interviewer could not be found, but eventually showed up about 20 minutes late. She was very unfriendly. I'm certain my interview was very inconveneint for her.

During the last interviewer I was asked by the boss to invent the interview questions, write them down, and then write down my answers. When I asked him what he liked best about his job his response was that it is "very boring". At that point I didn't want the job anymore!

Interview Questions
    • Find optimizations to simplify the implementation of a FIR filter followed by a by four decimation.   View Answers (2)
    • Design a circuit to collect 4 largest values from a time sequence (i.e. monitor bus and grab four largest values). use only 4 comparators. You get 10 minutes.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm in February 2009.

Interviews are very technical. The hiring process is very slow.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2009.

I applied online and recieved a telephonic call for setting up the interview.

Interview Questions
    • questions was on basic Cprogramming? What is the return value of any function call?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2009.

Email, 4 phone interviews - basic C/OS/OOP fundamentals, networking questions, famous little endian big endian question and resume based.

Always negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2009.

smooth process. phone interview first and if pass, on-site interview.
    1 on 1 interviews, and with 4~5 different engineers.
    HR will be the host through out the day and answers many questions.
    Very fast response either yes or no.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in June 2008.

All my interviewers were very nice. They had very good understanding of their field and started interview with telling me about their job profile, job functions etc.

My interview was 80% technical and 20% aptitude based.

I was asked questions on computer architecture, courses I took in my master's program, puzzles.

Lunch interview was also technical as interviewer kept asking me about my internship experience.

I was almost brain dead by the end of the interview :(

Interview Questions
    • Given two design with n number of ports, how would you make sure that they are same.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in April 2008.

I had several phone interviews with Qualcomm for their engineer positions but failed to score an on-site one mostly because I wasn't very prepared for their technical questions. So make sure you got the basics down before applying. As much as I remember, those interview questions cover lots of C fundamentals such as pointers, function pointers and function calls, as well as other computer science knowledge. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • C fundamentals such as pointers, function pointers and function calls   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm in July 2007.

I had interviews with several people for a systems engineering position; some of them technical and some of them to test the people skills; questions ranged from coding ability to knowledge of the network security concepts. ability to understand the challenges of the mobile ecosystem was also tested. the interview spanned over two days with different set of people over the two days.

Interview Questions
    • describe the challenges in providing applications on a mobile device.   View Answer
    • what are the challenges and opportunities in the mobile ecosystem.   Answer Question
    negotiate harder knowing that HR will try to pull you down in terms of salary and position.