Qualcomm Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 29, 2014

3.2

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm.

The Interview was well set and precise to the point.
The Interview was for 2hr. Covering the topics of Logic Design, Verification Concepts, Hardware designing questions, C and C++.
FPGA Concepts, Functional Testing.

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Applied for job through online posting. Got a call after 2 years (I was very surprised). Had a quick phone interview after an e-mail exchange with a HR representative. After which they invited me over to San Diego. The interview was intense. There was one employee who came in with a severe back problem. And when I asked him, he mentioned that he was very stressed with the work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2013.

I have been called for the interview after resume screening in Campus Career fair. I had two rounds of interview. First round is a software round, where I was tested in data structures like linked list, trees. There was a question on FSM design too. The Second round was a hardware round, where I was asked to draw synthesized hardware for a verilog program. Second question was to draw a timing diagram for a sequential circuit. Third question was to implement a 3 input nand gate using 2 to 1 mux.

Interview Questions
    • Assume a directory tree with each child represent a directory inside the root directory, Write a program to calculate the total disk space for the root directory. Assume what ever you want.   View Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

First a telephonic interview for one hour, the after 3 weeks a on site interview. They arranged flight and hotel stay, interview with 6 people very friendly. Then two more interview on phone after on-site. The hiring process is long and took more than 12 weeks. Finally got a good compensation package.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2013.

I was contacted by a staffing specialist for a telephonic interview at first.I cleared the telephonic round and consequently I was called for an onsite interview.I found the employees,office setup and the interview process to be thoroughly professional.the interview lasted for close to 6 hours in which they focused on the basics of RF design and IC design.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked the to design a narrow band amplifier with matching circuits and biasing conditions.I was not expecting this question as it is very time consuming.   View Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Phone Interview: General EE Technical Stuff, circuits 101 and some advanced material.

Onsite Interview: Whole day of interview at the Qualcomm campus. 6-8 Engineers asking generally tough questions including digital, analog, and basic electronic knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Design a device that takes a sound, adds a 20 second delay, and outputs the sound with the delay added.   View Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Over the phone interview lasted for around 1 hour. Interview focused on my resume contents for around 20 minutes followed by a couple of technical interview questions. No behavioral questions were asked. Questions were based on basic IIP3, SNR and cascaded Noise Figure concepts. Expect questions on CDMA communication system concepts.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions were asked. The interview focused more on my technical skills and my grasp on RF Engineering fundamentals than on my behavioral aspects.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview is typically a 2 stage process. An initial phone screen followed by an onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • I'd rather not reveal it as I still ask that question to new hires   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Initial interview at the local satellite with 1 person for 45 minutes. He was very nice, asked some fundamental questions, and informed me about the organization. 2nd (final) interview was at the SD headquarters with 6 people (1 VP, 2 directors, 3 managers/engineers), along with the staffing specialist. They talked a lot about their organization, asked a lot about my resume experience, and also asked fundamental EE questions. Got back to me in a week.

Interview Questions
    • What happens to the gain of a switched capacitor circuit when a resistor is placed in series with the input voltage driving source? Why?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Skipped the telephonic since I had a reference within the company.
    Interviewed with the San Diego team. Had interviews lined up all day from 10.30 am until 5 pm, with a friendly lunch in the middle.
    Completely technical, spoke on different protocols, low power techniques, C programming for embedded, and building a verification environment. Overall all interviewers asked pointed, relevant and good questions, without the slightest hint of condescension. This was among the longest interviews I've had in my career and also among the most professional.

Interview Questions
    • Spoke about some post silicon validation. Haven't had much experience working in the lab so it didn't matter.   Answer Question