Qualcomm

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2013.

Interview Details – I have been called for the interview after resume screening in Campus Career fair. I had two rounds of interview. First round is a software round, where I was tested in data structures like linked list, trees. There was a question on FSM design too. The Second round was a hardware round, where I was asked to draw synthesized hardware for a verilog program. Second question was to draw a timing diagram for a sequential circuit. Third question was to implement a 3 input nand gate using 2 to 1 mux.

Interview Question – Assume a directory tree with each child represent a directory inside the root directory, Write a program to calculate the total disk space for the root directory. Assume what ever you want.   View Answer

Hardware Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Applied for job through online posting. Got a call after 2 years (I was very surprised). Had a quick phone interview after an e-mail exchange with a HR representative. After which they invited me over to San Diego. The interview was intense. There was one employee who came in with a severe back problem. And when I asked him, he mentioned that he was very stressed with the work.

Interview Question – What salary are you expecting?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Qualcomm

Interview Details – First a telephonic interview for one hour, the after 3 weeks a on site interview. They arranged flight and hotel stay, interview with 6 people very friendly. Then two more interview on phone after on-site. The hiring process is long and took more than 12 weeks. Finally got a good compensation package.

Interview Question – Design with Latches   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a staffing specialist for a telephonic interview at first.I cleared the telephonic round and consequently I was called for an onsite interview.I found the employees,office setup and the interview process to be thoroughly professional.the interview lasted for close to 6 hours in which they focused on the basics of RF design and IC design.

Interview Question – I was asked the to design a narrow band amplifier with matching circuits and biasing conditions.I was not expecting this question as it is very time consuming.   View Answer

Interviewed at Qualcomm

Interview Details – Phone Interview: General EE Technical Stuff, circuits 101 and some advanced material.

Onsite Interview: Whole day of interview at the Qualcomm campus. 6-8 Engineers asking generally tough questions including digital, analog, and basic electronic knowledge.

Interview Question – Design a device that takes a sound, adds a 20 second delay, and outputs the sound with the delay added.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Qualcomm

Interview Details – Over the phone interview lasted for around 1 hour. Interview focused on my resume contents for around 20 minutes followed by a couple of technical interview questions. No behavioral questions were asked. Questions were based on basic IIP3, SNR and cascaded Noise Figure concepts. Expect questions on CDMA communication system concepts.

Interview Question – No difficult questions were asked. The interview focused more on my technical skills and my grasp on RF Engineering fundamentals than on my behavioral aspects.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Qualcomm

Interview Details – Interview is typically a 2 stage process. An initial phone screen followed by an onsite interview.

Interview Question – I'd rather not reveal it as I still ask that question to new hires   View Answer

San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Initial interview at the local satellite with 1 person for 45 minutes. He was very nice, asked some fundamental questions, and informed me about the organization. 2nd (final) interview was at the SD headquarters with 6 people (1 VP, 2 directors, 3 managers/engineers), along with the staffing specialist. They talked a lot about their organization, asked a lot about my resume experience, and also asked fundamental EE questions. Got back to me in a week.

Interview Question – What happens to the gain of a switched capacitor circuit when a resistor is placed in series with the input voltage driving source? Why?   View Answer

San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Skipped the telephonic since I had a reference within the company.
Interviewed with the San Diego team. Had interviews lined up all day from 10.30 am until 5 pm, with a friendly lunch in the middle.
Completely technical, spoke on different protocols, low power techniques, C programming for embedded, and building a verification environment. Overall all interviewers asked pointed, relevant and good questions, without the slightest hint of condescension. This was among the longest interviews I've had in my career and also among the most professional.

Interview Question – Spoke about some post silicon validation. Haven't had much experience working in the lab so it didn't matter.   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was for the entry level digital design profile and it was overall a good experience. The questions were of a fairly high level and technical, so a good revision of the courses I had taken back in college was essential to crack it. Consisted of multiple rounds and tested knowledge in all areas of vlsi and digital design.

Interview Question – Design verilog code for such-and-such blocks   Answer Question

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!