Qualcomm

Updated Nov 13, 2014

3.2

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm.

The Interview was well set and precise to the point.
The Interview was for 2hr. Covering the topics of Logic Design, Verification Concepts, Hardware designing questions, C and C++.
FPGA Concepts, Functional Testing.

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in June 2014.

I submitted so many applications of Qualcomm online. However I never get any reply. This opportunity is from my teacher's friends referral. I get a phone interview from Qualcomm. The team is about WLAN.

At last he suggested me to prepare not only my resume but also what the position required.

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in November 2013.

on-campus interview, two rounds, back-to-back. One staff and one senior staff came to our school and asked us mainly on the projects we did. And some relatively simple questions. One week later the HR phoned me and extend me an offer.

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Applied for job through online posting. Got a call after 2 years (I was very surprised). Had a quick phone interview after an e-mail exchange with a HR representative. After which they invited me over to San Diego. The interview was intense. There was one employee who came in with a severe back problem. And when I asked him, he mentioned that he was very stressed with the work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2013.

I have been called for the interview after resume screening in Campus Career fair. I had two rounds of interview. First round is a software round, where I was tested in data structures like linked list, trees. There was a question on FSM design too. The Second round was a hardware round, where I was asked to draw synthesized hardware for a verilog program. Second question was to draw a timing diagram for a sequential circuit. Third question was to implement a 3 input nand gate using 2 to 1 mux.

Interview Questions
    • Assume a directory tree with each child represent a directory inside the root directory, Write a program to calculate the total disk space for the root directory. Assume what ever you want.   View Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

First a telephonic interview for one hour, the after 3 weeks a on site interview. They arranged flight and hotel stay, interview with 6 people very friendly. Then two more interview on phone after on-site. The hiring process is long and took more than 12 weeks. Finally got a good compensation package.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2013.

I was contacted by a staffing specialist for a telephonic interview at first.I cleared the telephonic round and consequently I was called for an onsite interview.I found the employees,office setup and the interview process to be thoroughly professional.the interview lasted for close to 6 hours in which they focused on the basics of RF design and IC design.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked the to design a narrow band amplifier with matching circuits and biasing conditions.I was not expecting this question as it is very time consuming.   View Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Phone Interview: General EE Technical Stuff, circuits 101 and some advanced material.

Onsite Interview: Whole day of interview at the Qualcomm campus. 6-8 Engineers asking generally tough questions including digital, analog, and basic electronic knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Design a device that takes a sound, adds a 20 second delay, and outputs the sound with the delay added.   View Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Over the phone interview lasted for around 1 hour. Interview focused on my resume contents for around 20 minutes followed by a couple of technical interview questions. No behavioral questions were asked. Questions were based on basic IIP3, SNR and cascaded Noise Figure concepts. Expect questions on CDMA communication system concepts.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions were asked. The interview focused more on my technical skills and my grasp on RF Engineering fundamentals than on my behavioral aspects.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Interview is typically a 2 stage process. An initial phone screen followed by an onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • I'd rather not reveal it as I still ask that question to new hires   View Answer