Qualcomm

Qualcomm Interim Engineering Intern Interview Questions

3.1

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

1 Programming task, 2 phone interviews

Interview Questions
  • Most questions were based on multithreading and optimization.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Interim Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm.

The interviews are good experience for me. I only had 2 phone interviews before got accepted by my team. All the phone interviews are mostly screening interviews and talking about previous experience. The interview quesitons are standard questions and focus on your skills in solving a problem.

I been interviews by my manager, the team leader and my mentor. They are good to talk with and they have lots of questions that enable you to express your skills in more detail.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how would you implement a face detection application   Answer Question
    The result is being informed soon after the phone interviews and the company only give roughly 2 weeks for consideration.

Interim Engineering Intern Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm.

They very much want to know how well I can do the work, the main evaluation is done by small assignments.

Interview Questions
    • the most difficult question was regarding my availability   Answer Question
    the offer was too good to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

I got the mail from HR requesting a phone interview. The interview was pretty standard, testing your basics in C and a bit in UNIX. The next day, I got an invitation for a second phone interview. This was also technical, more focused on testing skills on networking along with a few questions on my resume and a logical question.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Pretty standard questions like reversing a string in C etc.   View Answer
    Not much negotiation. The pay was good for an intern :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

2 Telephonic interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in November 2011.

2 telephonic interviews

Interview Questions
    • Everything was related to projects and work on resume.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm in May 2010.

Hiring Process has three telephonic interview.It's usually taken managers and senior design engineers in the team. No 1:1 interview for intern positions. The interview was not grilling.
    Basic digital design questions
    (1) Set Up and Hold Time Violations and how to fix those violations.
    (2) Delays in ICs
    (3) About the overall deign flow of IC
    (4) Some Concepts of Low Power Implementation
    (6) About a sequence detector / state machines
    (7) How to size transistors in actual IC design involving many transistors (not the logical effort in text book)
    (8) Design of Flip Flop.

Asked about my projects in my resume.

Interview Questions
    • How will you size the transistors ( in real world which involves many transistors ) ? Not the logical effort sizing in text books.   Answer Question
    • Given a condition of IC tape out next day , which one will fix first ?? Set up time violation or hold time violation ? The reason for doing that.   Answer Question
    Interview was for intern position in Low Power Implementation Team

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm in March 2010.

I responded to an email a Qualcomm staffing specialist had sent to a mailing list recruiting for interns. He had reviewed my resume the same day and extended a phone interview invitation. A week later I had 2 phone interviews scheduled. The phone interviews were 1-hr long each, and were with 2 managers on different teams. They both consisted of fairly basic technical questions and questions regarding my experience. The day following the second interview, my recruiter called me back to give me the unofficial offer, and on the 11th day after I first contacted the staffing specialist, I had an official offer. The whole interview process was very efficient, and the communications were very clear. Definitely a positive experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2009.

I spoke to them at a career fair and had a face to face interview the next day. I then had 2 phone interviews in the time that followed.

All three interviews were difficult. I typically haven't had any problems with other technology companies I have interviewed with, but Qualcomm was able to find the areas that made me stumble. I eventually was able to work out most of the problems, but it was by no means an easy interview.

HR is great about getting back to you, the recruiters are awesome and really help you through the process.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss why it is best to use different values of decoupling capacitors in a power distribution network instead of a single capacitor.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate because it was an internship. Also, the housing and relocation given to interns is phenomenal.

Interim Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in September 2012.

Qualcomm came to our institute around september. They had a screening test consisting of three parts
    1. aptitude
    2.coding
    3. core
    Next we had a techinal phone interview followed by a HR phone interview. After confirmation of internship, the next communication was in january followed by march

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were from the courses that i have finished.   Answer Question