Qualcomm

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Qualcomm

Interview Details – 1 Programming task, 2 phone interviews

Interview Question – Most questions were based on multithreading and optimization.   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

Interview Details – 2 Telephonic interviews

Interview Question – Be good at whatever you have mentioned in your resume   Answer Question

Interim Engineer Intern Interview

Interim Engineer Intern
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – The interviews are good experience for me. I only had 2 phone interviews before got accepted by my team. All the phone interviews are mostly screening interviews and talking about previous experience. The interview quesitons are standard questions and focus on your skills in solving a problem.

I been interviews by my manager, the team leader and my mentor. They are good to talk with and they have lots of questions that enable you to express your skills in more detail.

Interview Question – Explain how would you implement a face detection application   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The result is being informed soon after the phone interviews and the company only give roughly 2 weeks for consideration.

Interim Engineering Intern

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – They very much want to know how well I can do the work, the main evaluation is done by small assignments.

Interview Question – the most difficult question was regarding my availability   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – the offer was too good to negotiate

Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – I got the mail from HR requesting a phone interview. The interview was pretty standard, testing your basics in C and a bit in UNIX. The next day, I got an invitation for a second phone interview. This was also technical, more focused on testing skills on networking along with a few questions on my resume and a logical question.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Pretty standard questions like reversing a string in C etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation. The pay was good for an intern :)

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2011.

Interview Details – 2 telephonic interviews

Interview Question – Everything was related to projects and work on resume.   View Answer

San Diego, CA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in May 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring Process has three telephonic interview.It's usually taken managers and senior design engineers in the team. No 1:1 interview for intern positions. The interview was not grilling.
Basic digital design questions
(1) Set Up and Hold Time Violations and how to fix those violations.
(2) Delays in ICs
(3) About the overall deign flow of IC
(4) Some Concepts of Low Power Implementation
(6) About a sequence detector / state machines
(7) How to size transistors in actual IC design involving many transistors (not the logical effort in text book)
(8) Design of Flip Flop.

Asked about my projects in my resume.

Interview Questions

• How will you size the transistors ( in real world which involves many transistors ) ? Not the logical effort sizing in text books.   Answer Question
  • Given a condition of IC tape out next day , which one will fix first ?? Set up time violation or hold time violation ? The reason for doing that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Interview was for intern position in Low Power Implementation Team

San Jose, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2010.

Interview Details – I responded to an email a Qualcomm staffing specialist had sent to a mailing list recruiting for interns. He had reviewed my resume the same day and extended a phone interview invitation. A week later I had 2 phone interviews scheduled. The phone interviews were 1-hr long each, and were with 2 managers on different teams. They both consisted of fairly basic technical questions and questions regarding my experience. The day following the second interview, my recruiter called me back to give me the unofficial offer, and on the 11th day after I first contacted the staffing specialist, I had an official offer. The whole interview process was very efficient, and the communications were very clear. Definitely a positive experience.

Interview Question – Is there anything you would like to know?   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2009.

Interview Details – I spoke to them at a career fair and had a face to face interview the next day. I then had 2 phone interviews in the time that followed.

All three interviews were difficult. I typically haven't had any problems with other technology companies I have interviewed with, but Qualcomm was able to find the areas that made me stumble. I eventually was able to work out most of the problems, but it was by no means an easy interview.

HR is great about getting back to you, the recruiters are awesome and really help you through the process.

Interview Question – Discuss why it is best to use different values of decoupling capacitors in a power distribution network instead of a single capacitor.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because it was an internship. Also, the housing and relocation given to interns is phenomenal.

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2012.

Interview Details – Qualcomm came to our institute around september. They had a screening test consisting of three parts
1. aptitude
2.coding
3. core
Next we had a techinal phone interview followed by a HR phone interview. After confirmation of internship, the next communication was in january followed by march

Interview Question – Most of the questions were from the courses that i have finished.   Answer Question

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!