Qualcomm Interim Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014

3.1

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Interim Engineering Interview

Had one on-campus interview after the career fair. Didn't get an offer. Later I had two phone interviews and got an offer. The interview questions are fair. Not too hard comparing to some other software companies.

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Interim Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Very straightforward and fast, 2 Interviews, 1 for QCT and 1 for R&D. If you just interview for QCT then there will be 1 interview. Both were about the same level of difficulty. Just be sure to ask a lot of questions about their experience and demonstrate a lot of interest/knowledge about what Qualcomm actually does.

Interview Questions
    • Not anything too difficult, know some object-oriented basics   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in February 2014.

Applied online and also submitted resume at Career fair. Got a call for summer intern and had 2 phone interviews.
    First interview was entirely about verilog basics and verifying a FIFO. Second interview was about one of my projects and also OS basics like semaphores and memory management. Had a really good conversation about the position and expected work.

Interview Questions
    • How would you thoroughly verify a FIFO design in Verilog?   Answer Question
    Fixed salary for interns but amazing perks. So no need for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm in November 2013.

I applied to Qualcomm, USA through the website. I got an interview call about 2 months after the application. Questions were focused on my resume and basic stochastic and probability. I got another interview call, similar set of questions. I was told the work description in San Diego office. Then 2 weeks later i had two interviews lined up with the Bridgewater office for a research intern. All four of my interviews went pretty good. After 2 weeks , I got an offer from the Bridgewater office and i accepted it. The entire process took about 3-4 months.

Interview Questions
    • Suppose i choose two random variables uniformly distributed between [0,1]. What is the probability distribution of the maximum of the two random variables?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm in May 2011.

Had a couple of phone interviews. The interview questions were related to ASIC design. Asked me to design a communication protocol. Some bit tricks .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2011.

mainly it's on projects mentioned on CV, what kind of project expected at QC, some open questions about research possibilities

Interview Questions
    • what kind of project do you want to do at QC?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm in November 2010.

Process was smooth.College recruiters are awesome

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in March 2010.

That's good interview. Both interviewers are well-prepared. They asked really fundamental but challenging questions. The interview lasted for almost two hours with the research questions also. I learned quite a lot from this interview even though I could not get the offer !

Good points: Be prepared and be ready !

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm in November 2009.

Initial phone interview just asked about the basics of object oriented programming (linked lists vs arrays, etc). Second phone interview asked more about dynamic memory allocation and how to solve the problems that occur when dynamically allocating memory. Overall, all the interviewers were very polite and allowed time to answer questions even when stumbling. They didn't seem to know much about where I would be placed, so they just asked general questions about programming and computer science.

Interview Questions
    • How can you ensure that you will have adequate memory after you allocate and free many blocks of memory.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm in November 2009.

I applied for the job during the on-campus job fair while submitting my resume. Several weeks later, I got a 1:1 interview. The interviewer was the manager of the multi-media team and very friendly. My past experience and some programming questions were asked. Then, I got two subsequent phone interviews made from California, which were all technical interviews. About two weeks later, I got the offer.