Qualcomm

Average Difficulty
52 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Initially I got two phone interviews in the same day. Both were easy, one took 40 minutes and the second one 1 hour. Basic questions about my research and previous works. At the end of both interviews they gave me quick quizes about networking. After more than one month waiting the outcome, I got a third interview request. This was the weirdest interview ever. Took almost 1 hour and half and it seems that the interviewer did not know what to ask, basically trying to make me get confused.

Interview Question – Compare simple M/M/1 queue with M/M/2 queue performance   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Talked to a recruiter at my campus' career fair and received an email for an on-campus interview. Interview was an hour long, starting off with many questions about the specifics of my resume and followed by a few simple technical questions involving basic list stuff and some bit manipulation and general knowledge things.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, not a difficult question pool   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2012.

Interview Details – I had one on campus interview and one phone interview. In both the interviewers asked about my resume and my experience. Then the technical questions were more on algorithm design ( finding a substring in another string) and concepts of TCP/IP. In phone interview, the interviewer asked about C++ OOD concepts. Also some concepts from OS.

Interview Question – Not very difficult question. But since I had not reviewed OS very well, I did not know about priority inversion.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Boxborough, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

Interview Details – After the interview, we have a weekly meeting to review all candidates, then our recommendations are passed back to hiring managers. Then they have to make their calls. I would say 2 weeks at the most.

Interview Question – No doubt it is difficult to land a position at QC. We would get hundreds of resumes a day, so you really have to stand out. Specifically tailor your resume' to the job description you're going for, if you can.
HR will hit you with a feeler phone interview, then one of our senior staff will follow up. Depending on the person you get, this could be easy or very difficult. Know the basics of sw engineering and systems. Know the types of memory SW uses & OS fundamentals. Be prepared to answer a programming question on the phone. If you get past that, they'll fly you in and you'll interview one-on-one w/ about 6 people who will grill you (I was one of them). Answer questions to the best of your ability, but don't get too cocky. If you get stuck, ask them what they think of your idea. Have a positive attitude, be friendly, and relax.
  Answer Question

Interviewed at Qualcomm

Interview Details – Three phone interviews; two technical and one with HR. Mostly basic digital design and timing concepts.

Interview Question – How do interrupts work in a microprocessor   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2011.

Interview Details – Talked to the recruiters and handed in my CV during their visit to our school. After two weeks, I got the phone interview invitation. They asked me what time I'd like to be interviewed. I asked to be interviewed two weeks later.

There were two interviewers. Each of them interviewed me for about 30 minutes. After a brief introduction, they asked me to grab a paper and a pen, and write down the problem and some equations. They also asked me to derive some results, and explain how I got the solution. There was a bit of calculations; not really hard, it's more about the basic concept. But it's not easy to answer if you are not familiar with the topic.

The first interviewer asked all technical questions. The second interviewer spent half of the time chatting with me and half of the time asking technical questions. Before ending the conversation, they asked me if I have any questions. I seized the chance to chat with them about their work and the working environment. Although I didn't get the right answer to all of the questions, the overall conversation was quite smooth.

In about a week I got an email form the recruiter telling me I was accepted.

Interview Question – One interviewer asked me an information theory puzzle. I never heard of such a problem and didn't know how to answer it. I asked for hints and the interviewer guided me to find the answer. It seems to be OK if you don't know how to answer the question at first. Ask for help and try to tell them how you think.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Qualcomm

Interview Details – perform antenna R&D tasks that include antenna simulation, analysis, design and testing for portable devices such as cellular phone, ultra-mobile PC and body-worn devices. Research areas may include RF beam-forming and advanced material development for antenna applications. Technical literature search and generation of summary report may also be part of the tasks. Work will be performed under the guidance of a Sr. Antenna engineer.

Interview Question – Open technical questions   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Got a phone interview which I did well on, and it was quickly followed up with a second phone interview. Both were technical interviews that asked everything from my experiences working with a team, to technical questions about C and C++.
The interviewers were very competent and know their stuff.

Interview Question – How do you find the greatest common denominator of two numbers?   View Answer

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2012.

Interview Details – After talking to a representative and handing in my resume, I was contacted the following month to set up an interview. I was required to create a profile on their careers site. After that, the scheduling team set up a phone interview time.

The interview was a mix of fit, background, and technical with a focus on the former two. It began with a more open-ended questions of my personality, hobbies, and projects. Many questions were simply about past projects or experiences - they either chose things on my resume and asked me about them or asked about things like "the last time I ran into difficulties on a team and how I handled it". Only a few technical questions were asked; these I believe are left more to the next interview.

Interview Question – Question were asked about incidents or difficult experiences in past work.   View Answer

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – The H/R contacted me and scheduled a phone interview for about one week later. On the interview date, one of their engineerins called me and conducted the interview which took more than one hour. First, he asked me to introduce myself and why I want to do an internship. I was then asked about my research project and things I had included in my resume. The second half of the interview was on basic questions from Matlab, C, modulations, error correction codes, etc. Mostly on fundamentals. The interviewer was very expert and nice. Two weeks later, they emailed me and said they cannot offer me the internship.

Interview Question – What was your main challenge working in a big group and how did you overcome that?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Qualcomm

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Qualcomm Intern interview questions and advice. All 52 interview reviews posted anonymously by Qualcomm employees and interview candidates.