Qualcomm Intern Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2014
Updated Oct 7, 2014

56 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Qualcomm.

They came to campus and I got an interview after attending an event. They emailed me to ask for a time that I was available for a 45 minute interview with a software developer the next week. Within two weeks of the interview I received an email saying that they would not be moving forward with my application.

Interview Questions
  • 15 minutes of background, 15 minutes of technical questions, 15 minutes about the company and the position.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Intern Interview

Interview included two rounds on phone; first with an engineer and than manager.
    Just resume walkthrough and one programming question. It also included many behavioural questions. They asked about one project in detail and told me to talk throught the whole implementation.

Intern Interview

I find out this job by school career center's Newsletter. I apply by send my resume to the recruiter's email. It took one week to get the phone interview. This position is locate at Boston instead of San Diego.
    The interview is easy and it took about one hour. Basic question about transistor and the project I did.

Interview Questions
    • Basic question about explain what makes an transistor.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Initially I got two phone interviews in the same day. Both were easy, one took 40 minutes and the second one 1 hour. Basic questions about my research and previous works. At the end of both interviews they gave me quick quizes about networking. After more than one month waiting the outcome, I got a third interview request. This was the weirdest interview ever. Took almost 1 hour and half and it seems that the interviewer did not know what to ask, basically trying to make me get confused.

Interview Questions
    • Compare simple M/M/1 queue with M/M/2 queue performance   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Talked to a recruiter at my campus' career fair and received an email for an on-campus interview. Interview was an hour long, starting off with many questions about the specifics of my resume and followed by a few simple technical questions involving basic list stuff and some bit manipulation and general knowledge things.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Qualcomm in February 2014.

For me the hiring process involved only two phone calls. I was contacted by a recruiter and I scheduled my interview to be taken two days later. The first call was a technical one which asked me concepts of Operating systems, algorithms and networking. The call lasted for more than 45 minutes although it should end in 30 minutes. The second call was a mix of HR questions and technical questions. One week after the call only, they were impressed and offered me to come on board.

Interview Questions
    • In the second phone call I was asked to name my favorite language for programming, which I gave as C. So followup on that question, the person asked me to give solution so that when they write programs for like adding numbers, they should provide generic datatype, and it should support future datatypes which may be introduced later. For that I had taken almost 15 minutes and thought I would not be able to pass that.   View Answer
    No I was not able to negotiate as they had strict policy to give same benefits to each and every intern.

Intern Interview

Three phone interviews; two technical and one with HR. Mostly basic digital design and timing concepts.

Intern Interview

perform antenna R&D tasks that include antenna simulation, analysis, design and testing for portable devices such as cellular phone, ultra-mobile PC and body-worn devices. Research areas may include RF beam-forming and advanced material development for antenna applications. Technical literature search and generation of summary report may also be part of the tasks. Work will be performed under the guidance of a Sr. Antenna engineer.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Got a phone interview which I did well on, and it was quickly followed up with a second phone interview. Both were technical interviews that asked everything from my experiences working with a team, to technical questions about C and C++.
    The interviewers were very competent and know their stuff.

Interview Questions
    • How do you find the greatest common denominator of two numbers?   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boxborough, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boxborough, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

After the interview, we have a weekly meeting to review all candidates, then our recommendations are passed back to hiring managers. Then they have to make their calls. I would say 2 weeks at the most.

Interview Questions
    • No doubt it is difficult to land a position at QC. We would get hundreds of resumes a day, so you really have to stand out. Specifically tailor your resume' to the job description you're going for, if you can.
      HR will hit you with a feeler phone interview, then one of our senior staff will follow up. Depending on the person you get, this could be easy or very difficult. Know the basics of sw engineering and systems. Know the types of memory SW uses & OS fundamentals. Be prepared to answer a programming question on the phone. If you get past that, they'll fly you in and you'll interview one-on-one w/ about 6 people who will grill you (I was one of them). Answer questions to the best of your ability, but don't get too cocky. If you get stuck, ask them what they think of your idea. Have a positive attitude, be friendly, and relax.
        Answer Question