Qualcomm

Updated Jan 26, 2015
Updated Jan 26, 2015

61 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2007.

After applying I received a reply in one week for on site interview.
Overall the interview was pretty much technical. Questions ranged from regarding university project till the actual communication theory. I will advise to study your communications related modules properly before the interview.
Also the background of the company is important but I think it depends on whom is interviewing. I was interviewed by only engineers and hence wasn't really asked as much house keeping questions as I would had normally been.

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm in November 2009.

I had 2 phone interviews on the first day and then one more phone interview a few weeks later. Asked a lot of questions about details about computer systems such as stack layout, caches and virtual to physical address translations. Also asked to tell them about my most recent courses and projects I had worked on.

Interview Questions
    • When a program is compiled what section does each part go to (.data etc)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in April 2011.

Switched lots of teams.... finally went to device drivers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in May 2011.

I got Email to schedule my interview with qualcomm. I scheduled it and it directly started with technical questions.
    Questions were based on my projects in resume:
    1> verilog
    2> pipelining concepts
    3> hardware for pipelining
    4> C programming: Link list, Hash map.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in April 2011.

Two interviews fully technical. Mainly on digital design concepts and OOPS

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2012.

Applied online and received an email setting up a phone interview within about a week. Was told that the interview would be "highly technical" and I should set aside an hour to an hour and a half. The interviewer was very friendly and asked a few questions about my resume but not much else personal before getting into the technical interview. The questions were mostly writing C code as well as some more background stack and queue stuff.

Interview Questions
    • Read the code out loud for the reverse string method in C.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in April 2010.

I had an interview with 6 different person on the same day... (45 min each) So get ready for 5-6 hours of interview...

The interview process started with a person from HR. Introduced me the company and the interview program and the details like procedure for hiring. Than the real interview started with 5 engineers one by one.

They questioned my programming skills asked for simple programs in C/C++. Asked every detail on my CV.

They even asked me to explain every project I did during my education life. Be prepared to present your work in the interview.

They also asked questions from areas that you are not familiar and wanted to come up with an idea or solution to the problem. Be open minded and take your time to think...

Intern Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in July 2012.

I had to go through 2 phone interviews for this position. I got an offer and I accepted it.

Interview Questions
    • None, but questions out of resume and non-matching to skill sets were difficult to answer   Answer Question
    No Negotition

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

The H/R contacted me and scheduled a phone interview for about one week later. On the interview date, one of their engineerins called me and conducted the interview which took more than one hour. First, he asked me to introduce myself and why I want to do an internship. I was then asked about my research project and things I had included in my resume. The second half of the interview was on basic questions from Matlab, C, modulations, error correction codes, etc. Mostly on fundamentals. The interviewer was very expert and nice. Two weeks later, they emailed me and said they cannot offer me the internship.

Interview Questions
    • What was your main challenge working in a big group and how did you overcome that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2011.

Talked to the recruiters and handed in my CV during their visit to our school. After two weeks, I got the phone interview invitation. They asked me what time I'd like to be interviewed. I asked to be interviewed two weeks later.

There were two interviewers. Each of them interviewed me for about 30 minutes. After a brief introduction, they asked me to grab a paper and a pen, and write down the problem and some equations. They also asked me to derive some results, and explain how I got the solution. There was a bit of calculations; not really hard, it's more about the basic concept. But it's not easy to answer if you are not familiar with the topic.

The first interviewer asked all technical questions. The second interviewer spent half of the time chatting with me and half of the time asking technical questions. Before ending the conversation, they asked me if I have any questions. I seized the chance to chat with them about their work and the working environment. Although I didn't get the right answer to all of the questions, the overall conversation was quite smooth.

In about a week I got an email form the recruiter telling me I was accepted.

Interview Questions
    • One interviewer asked me an information theory puzzle. I never heard of such a problem and didn't know how to answer it. I asked for hints and the interviewer guided me to find the answer. It seems to be OK if you don't know how to answer the question at first. Ask for help and try to tell them how you think.   Answer Question