Qualcomm Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2015

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

Interview

Half hour phone interview with engineer. Spoke really bad english, was asking detailed CMOS questions and asking me to draw circuits on a piece of paper as we went along. Most of the times, interviewer was looking for a specific answer although there is more than one way to skin a cat. Very full of himself it seemed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allahabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Qualcomm (Allahabad (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

Company - Qualcomm Location – Bangalore Position- Intern Stipend- 20,000 + allowances Selection Procedure: 1. Written 2. Interviews (Tech + HR) CPI Cut off – 7.0 Branches eligible : ECE/ EE The written test was conducted by “hirepro” and was divided into 3 sections: *There was individual cut-off for each section . * There was negative marking (+1 , -0.25) PS- be ready for new patterns and unexpected situations !!

Interview Questions

• Section 1: Aptitude – 20 questions(20 minutes) : This was relatively easy. The key was not to lose your cool… Questions were there from probability, Data Interpretation, Profit and Loss, Percentages , Ratio/Proportion, Speed Time and Distance etc. Speed and accuracy were the key. As it was the first section… don’t start the test until all your nerves are settled(I wasted 5 mins in this section trying to settle my nerves). Section 2: Computer Section: 20 question (25 minutes): It cannot get tougher. Question from everything you can think off were asked . Concepts of OOPs were tested . Questions were from Pointers , Arrays , Sorting , Searching in C. Questions were also related to trees, hashing, queues , Stack. One question was based on Master Theorem . One question was on finding the complexity of a a recursive function. Questions were also asked from computer organisation (like daisychaining etc). One question was on Stack Organisation . However , as the round is relative, you just have to better than the rest !! PS: it was the toughest section . And question here were unexpected . Especially the OOPs part !! Section 3: Hardware: 20 questions(30 minutes): It was hard!!(as expected) . Questions were majorly from Digital Electronics(about 10-11)(keep your concepts on counters, sequential logic very strong. 3-4 questions were from microprocessor like. Question like “which register is not present in 8081 but present in 8085 & 8086” and A code was given in assembly language… Analog electronics was extremely difficult (dint even know the part from which the questions were asked )…   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in July 2012.

Interview

I had to go through 2 phone interviews for this position. I got an offer and I accepted it.

Interview Questions

• None, but questions out of resume and non-matching to skill sets were difficult to answer   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotition

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Qualcomm (Hyderābād (India)) in November 2013.

Interview

There were three round: Aptitude,Coding and Basics of core subjects.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2007.

Interview

After applying I received a reply in one week for on site interview. Overall the interview was pretty much technical. Questions ranged from regarding university project till the actual communication theory. I will advise to study your communications related modules properly before the interview. Also the background of the company is important but I think it depends on whom is interviewing. I was interviewed by only engineers and hence wasn't really asked as much house keeping questions as I would had normally been.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews on the first day and then one more phone interview a few weeks later. Asked a lot of questions about details about computer systems such as stack layout, caches and virtual to physical address translations. Also asked to tell them about my most recent courses and projects I had worked on.

Interview Questions

• When a program is compiled what section does each part go to (.data etc)?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in April 2011.

Interview

Two interviews fully technical. Mainly on digital design concepts and OOPS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (Arlington, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

I got Email to schedule my interview with qualcomm. I scheduled it and it directly started with technical questions. Questions were based on my projects in resume: 1> verilog 2> pipelining concepts 3> hardware for pipelining 4> C programming: Link list, Hash map.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Switched lots of teams.... finally went to device drivers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2012.

Interview

Applied online and received an email setting up a phone interview within about a week. Was told that the interview would be "highly technical" and I should set aside an hour to an hour and a half. The interviewer was very friendly and asked a few questions about my resume but not much else personal before getting into the technical interview. The questions were mostly writing C code as well as some more background stack and queue stuff.

Interview Questions

• Read the code out loud for the reverse string method in C.   Answer Question