Qualcomm Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2015
Updated Feb 7, 2015

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Phone Interview. I got a mail from the recruiter asking if I was interested in their circuit design intern position. I replied promptly for the same and got 2 phone interviews setup for the same day. The interviews were set 5 hours apart.

Interview Questions

• What are setup and hold times?
    Write a verilog code for D flip flop.
    Explain your standard cells library project.
    How does threshold voltage, interconnect resistance and capacitance vary wit temperature.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2015.

Interview

I had 2 Phone interviews for NJ R&D internship position. Both of them ask me about my PhD and Master projects, a few questions on my course work and then some technical questions. They also asked me 2 puzzles in the first interview. Each of the interviews last for 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• In how many ways you can go N steps with either 1 or 2 steps at a time!   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

We had 2 Hour online exams in our campus.....exam had three parts
    a)digital b)C and datastructure c) aptitude
    Question were easy but you need to manage time especially in digital.
    Please learn data structure if already dont know (EE people)
    Aptitude question were normal like any other companys questions

Intern Interview

Interview

One phone interview, first half was technical but no coding. One high level design question related to my expertise and the particular position I was seeking, one OOP question.

Second half was behavioral/non-technical. The interviewer asked me about something on my resume too, and requested that I elaborate on what I did for a particular item he was interested in and what my responsibilities were.

Overall very easy interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm in September 2014.

Interview

The process was a single one-on-one interview on campus. My interviewer was very forgiving of mistakes and was willing to discuss problems through with me. He seemed really excited to tell me about Qualcomm, the company culture, and the kind of work he did. The recruiter was extremely nice as well and helpful throughout, and I knew the results within a week of the interview.

Interview Questions

• For internships, all of Qualcomm's questions are very basic, standard CS problems with no twists. For instance: reverse a string, find the nth-to-last element of a linked list, counting characters in a string, etc. They will usually ask 3-4 of these in a single interview or until you run out of time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for internship, but the offer deadline can be pushed back if you ask.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Career Fair at my University, gave my resume and called for an in-person 45 minute technical interview. Asked a lot of questions on C++. Asked if I knew about sorting algorithms and then asked me to sort 10 random numbers using mergesort. Also gave me a sheet of paper with a C++ function on it and asked me to point out the mistakes.

Interview Questions

• The counterfeit coin problem with 12 coins   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

They came to campus and I got an interview after attending an event. They emailed me to ask for a time that I was available for a 45 minute interview with a software developer the next week. Within two weeks of the interview I received an email saying that they would not be moving forward with my application.

Interview Questions

• 15 minutes of background, 15 minutes of technical questions, 15 minutes about the company and the position.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Interview included two rounds on phone; first with an engineer and than manager.
    Just resume walkthrough and one programming question. It also included many behavioural questions. They asked about one project in detail and told me to talk throught the whole implementation.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

For me the hiring process involved only two phone calls. I was contacted by a recruiter and I scheduled my interview to be taken two days later. The first call was a technical one which asked me concepts of Operating systems, algorithms and networking. The call lasted for more than 45 minutes although it should end in 30 minutes. The second call was a mix of HR questions and technical questions. One week after the call only, they were impressed and offered me to come on board.

Interview Questions

• In the second phone call I was asked to name my favorite language for programming, which I gave as C. So followup on that question, the person asked me to give solution so that when they write programs for like adding numbers, they should provide generic datatype, and it should support future datatypes which may be introduced later. For that I had taken almost 15 minutes and thought I would not be able to pass that.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No I was not able to negotiate as they had strict policy to give same benefits to each and every intern.

Intern Interview

Interview

I find out this job by school career center's Newsletter. I apply by send my resume to the recruiter's email. It took one week to get the phone interview. This position is locate at Boston instead of San Diego.
    The interview is easy and it took about one hour. Basic question about transistor and the project I did.

Interview Questions

• Basic question about explain what makes an transistor.   Answer Question