Qualcomm Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at my campus' career fair and received an email for an on-campus interview. Interview was an hour long, starting off with many questions about the specifics of my resume and followed by a few simple technical questions involving basic list stuff and some bit manipulation and general knowledge things.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

For me the hiring process involved only two phone calls. I was contacted by a recruiter and I scheduled my interview to be taken two days later. The first call was a technical one which asked me concepts of Operating systems, algorithms and networking. The call lasted for more than 45 minutes although it should end in 30 minutes. The second call was a mix of HR questions and technical questions. One week after the call only, they were impressed and offered me to come on board.

Interview Questions

• In the second phone call I was asked to name my favorite language for programming, which I gave as C. So followup on that question, the person asked me to give solution so that when they write programs for like adding numbers, they should provide generic datatype, and it should support future datatypes which may be introduced later. For that I had taken almost 15 minutes and thought I would not be able to pass that.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No I was not able to negotiate as they had strict policy to give same benefits to each and every intern.

Intern Interview

Interview

Three phone interviews; two technical and one with HR. Mostly basic digital design and timing concepts.

Intern Interview

Interview

perform antenna R&D tasks that include antenna simulation, analysis, design and testing for portable devices such as cellular phone, ultra-mobile PC and body-worn devices. Research areas may include RF beam-forming and advanced material development for antenna applications. Technical literature search and generation of summary report may also be part of the tasks. Work will be performed under the guidance of a Sr. Antenna engineer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Got a phone interview which I did well on, and it was quickly followed up with a second phone interview. Both were technical interviews that asked everything from my experiences working with a team, to technical questions about C and C++. The interviewers were very competent and know their stuff.

Interview Questions

• How do you find the greatest common denominator of two numbers?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boxborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Boxborough, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

After the interview, we have a weekly meeting to review all candidates, then our recommendations are passed back to hiring managers. Then they have to make their calls. I would say 2 weeks at the most.

Interview Questions

• No doubt it is difficult to land a position at QC. We would get hundreds of resumes a day, so you really have to stand out. Specifically tailor your resume' to the job description you're going for, if you can. HR will hit you with a feeler phone interview, then one of our senior staff will follow up. Depending on the person you get, this could be easy or very difficult. Know the basics of sw engineering and systems. Know the types of memory SW uses & OS fundamentals. Be prepared to answer a programming question on the phone. If you get past that, they'll fly you in and you'll interview one-on-one w/ about 6 people who will grill you (I was one of them). Answer questions to the best of your ability, but don't get too cocky. If you get stuck, ask them what they think of your idea. Have a positive attitude, be friendly, and relax.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

The H/R contacted me and scheduled a phone interview for about one week later. On the interview date, one of their engineerins called me and conducted the interview which took more than one hour. First, he asked me to introduce myself and why I want to do an internship. I was then asked about my research project and things I had included in my resume. The second half of the interview was on basic questions from Matlab, C, modulations, error correction codes, etc. Mostly on fundamentals. The interviewer was very expert and nice. Two weeks later, they emailed me and said they cannot offer me the internship.

Interview Questions

• What was your main challenge working in a big group and how did you overcome that?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Two phone interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Campus job fair in October -> on campus interview -> technical interview EIP program is for frosh and soph, no programming questions, only brainteasers asked.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed for summer intern in a group. The area is related to indoor navigation algorithm design. Two engineers in their group called. I felt good with the first person. He first asked several questions related to my CV, then asked two technical questions related to filtering algorithms. I failed the second one, because it was hard for me to understand his accent......and I didn't be able to answer one question.

Interview Questions

• A question related to incorporating a map in Kalman filtering   Answer Question