Qualcomm

Average Difficulty
52 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2012.

Interview Details – I was interviewed for summer intern in a group. The area is related to indoor navigation algorithm design. Two engineers in their group called. I felt good with the first person. He first asked several questions related to my CV, then asked two technical questions related to filtering algorithms. I failed the second one, because it was hard for me to understand his accent......and I didn't be able to answer one question.

Interview Question – A question related to incorporating a map in Kalman filtering   Answer Question

Interviewed at Qualcomm

Interview Details – Two phone interviews

Interview Question – Mostly about C/C++ programming, some puzzles   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Campus job fair in October -> on campus interview -> technical interview
EIP program is for frosh and soph, no programming questions, only brainteasers asked.

Interview Question – red/ black hats riddle   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2010.

Interview Details – I had an interview with 6 different person on the same day... (45 min each) So get ready for 5-6 hours of interview...

The interview process started with a person from HR. Introduced me the company and the interview program and the details like procedure for hiring. Than the real interview started with 5 engineers one by one.

They questioned my programming skills asked for simple programs in C/C++. Asked every detail on my CV.

They even asked me to explain every project I did during my education life. Be prepared to present your work in the interview.

They also asked questions from areas that you are not familiar and wanted to come up with an idea or solution to the problem. Be open minded and take your time to think...

Interview Question – None...   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2012.

Interview Details – I got referral by a friend. First phone interview was one week after my resume was passed on. First interviewer is my advisor-to-be, asked me to introduce myself first, and then started to ask technical questions. Took 30-40 min. Told me to get ready for the second internview, which was 2 days later.

Second phone interview took 30 min. All technical questions.

3 days later, received offer from HR.

Interview Question – Introduce yourself, and tell me what is your biggest point?   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2010.

Interview Details – I got to interview with Qualcomm when they were at my campus. The process consisted of just a single 1:1 interview with an engineer. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and consisted of both behavioral and technical questions. The engineer was very friendly and fun to talk to.
The technical questions consisted of very basic c++ concepts like oops and abstraction. This was probably one of the easy interviews I have had. Brush up on your basics with c++ and you should be fine.

It took about 2-3 weeks before the HR called and made the offer. In general, I found the people at Qualcomm to be very understanding and nice during the whole process.

Interview Question – Write a function to implement Fibonacci sequence.   View Answer

Arlington, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in May 2011.

Interview Details – I got Email to schedule my interview with qualcomm. I scheduled it and it directly started with technical questions.
Questions were based on my projects in resume:
1> verilog
2> pipelining concepts
3> hardware for pipelining
4> C programming: Link list, Hash map.

Interview Question – Relation between Link list and arrays.   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2011.

Interview Details – Switched lots of teams.... finally went to device drivers

Interview Question – Why Implement stack checks in Embedded Systems ?   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2009.

Interview Details – Overall, everybody seemed very nice. No overly technical questions were asked but generally about why I was interested in working for the company. They asked about classes I had taken and what I thought I would be doing in the future.

Interview Question – What are you doing in 3-5 years?   Answer Question

West Lafayette, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2010.

Interview Details – I had an interview with a IT employee. Asked questions regarding C programming language. You will do fine if you understand basic data structures and pointers. There are a few behavioral questions asked also.

Interview Question – He will give you some code, and ask you if there is any error you can find.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Qualcomm