Qualcomm Intern Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2014

57 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boxborough, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boxborough, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

After the interview, we have a weekly meeting to review all candidates, then our recommendations are passed back to hiring managers. Then they have to make their calls. I would say 2 weeks at the most.

Interview Questions
  • No doubt it is difficult to land a position at QC. We would get hundreds of resumes a day, so you really have to stand out. Specifically tailor your resume' to the job description you're going for, if you can.
    HR will hit you with a feeler phone interview, then one of our senior staff will follow up. Depending on the person you get, this could be easy or very difficult. Know the basics of sw engineering and systems. Know the types of memory SW uses & OS fundamentals. Be prepared to answer a programming question on the phone. If you get past that, they'll fly you in and you'll interview one-on-one w/ about 6 people who will grill you (I was one of them). Answer questions to the best of your ability, but don't get too cocky. If you get stuck, ask them what they think of your idea. Have a positive attitude, be friendly, and relax.
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

The H/R contacted me and scheduled a phone interview for about one week later. On the interview date, one of their engineerins called me and conducted the interview which took more than one hour. First, he asked me to introduce myself and why I want to do an internship. I was then asked about my research project and things I had included in my resume. The second half of the interview was on basic questions from Matlab, C, modulations, error correction codes, etc. Mostly on fundamentals. The interviewer was very expert and nice. Two weeks later, they emailed me and said they cannot offer me the internship.

Interview Questions
    • What was your main challenge working in a big group and how did you overcome that?   Answer Question

Two phone interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Campus job fair in October -> on campus interview -> technical interview
    EIP program is for frosh and soph, no programming questions, only brainteasers asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2012.

I had one on campus interview and one phone interview. In both the interviewers asked about my resume and my experience. Then the technical questions were more on algorithm design ( finding a substring in another string) and concepts of TCP/IP. In phone interview, the interviewer asked about C++ OOD concepts. Also some concepts from OS.

Interview Questions
    • Not very difficult question. But since I had not reviewed OS very well, I did not know about priority inversion.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in December 2012.

I was interviewed for summer intern in a group. The area is related to indoor navigation algorithm design. Two engineers in their group called. I felt good with the first person. He first asked several questions related to my CV, then asked two technical questions related to filtering algorithms. I failed the second one, because it was hard for me to understand his accent......and I didn't be able to answer one question.

Interview Questions
    • A question related to incorporating a map in Kalman filtering   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in April 2012.

After talking to a representative and handing in my resume, I was contacted the following month to set up an interview. I was required to create a profile on their careers site. After that, the scheduling team set up a phone interview time.

The interview was a mix of fit, background, and technical with a focus on the former two. It began with a more open-ended questions of my personality, hobbies, and projects. Many questions were simply about past projects or experiences - they either chose things on my resume and asked me about them or asked about things like "the last time I ran into difficulties on a team and how I handled it". Only a few technical questions were asked; these I believe are left more to the next interview.

Interview Questions
    • Question were asked about incidents or difficult experiences in past work.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm in April 2012.

I got referral by a friend. First phone interview was one week after my resume was passed on. First interviewer is my advisor-to-be, asked me to introduce myself first, and then started to ask technical questions. Took 30-40 min. Told me to get ready for the second internview, which was 2 days later.

Second phone interview took 30 min. All technical questions.

3 days later, received offer from HR.

Interview Questions
    • Introduce yourself, and tell me what is your biggest point?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2011.

Talked to the recruiters and handed in my CV during their visit to our school. After two weeks, I got the phone interview invitation. They asked me what time I'd like to be interviewed. I asked to be interviewed two weeks later.

There were two interviewers. Each of them interviewed me for about 30 minutes. After a brief introduction, they asked me to grab a paper and a pen, and write down the problem and some equations. They also asked me to derive some results, and explain how I got the solution. There was a bit of calculations; not really hard, it's more about the basic concept. But it's not easy to answer if you are not familiar with the topic.

The first interviewer asked all technical questions. The second interviewer spent half of the time chatting with me and half of the time asking technical questions. Before ending the conversation, they asked me if I have any questions. I seized the chance to chat with them about their work and the working environment. Although I didn't get the right answer to all of the questions, the overall conversation was quite smooth.

In about a week I got an email form the recruiter telling me I was accepted.

Interview Questions
    • One interviewer asked me an information theory puzzle. I never heard of such a problem and didn't know how to answer it. I asked for hints and the interviewer guided me to find the answer. It seems to be OK if you don't know how to answer the question at first. Ask for help and try to tell them how you think.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in May 2011.

I got Email to schedule my interview with qualcomm. I scheduled it and it directly started with technical questions.
    Questions were based on my projects in resume:
    1> verilog
    2> pipelining concepts
    3> hardware for pipelining
    4> C programming: Link list, Hash map.