Qualcomm

Updated Dec 12, 2014
Updated Dec 12, 2014

60 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

perform antenna R&D tasks that include antenna simulation, analysis, design and testing for portable devices such as cellular phone, ultra-mobile PC and body-worn devices. Research areas may include RF beam-forming and advanced material development for antenna applications. Technical literature search and generation of summary report may also be part of the tasks. Work will be performed under the guidance of a Sr. Antenna engineer.

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Got a phone interview which I did well on, and it was quickly followed up with a second phone interview. Both were technical interviews that asked everything from my experiences working with a team, to technical questions about C and C++.
    The interviewers were very competent and know their stuff.

Interview Questions
    • How do you find the greatest common denominator of two numbers?   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boxborough, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boxborough, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

After the interview, we have a weekly meeting to review all candidates, then our recommendations are passed back to hiring managers. Then they have to make their calls. I would say 2 weeks at the most.

Interview Questions
    • No doubt it is difficult to land a position at QC. We would get hundreds of resumes a day, so you really have to stand out. Specifically tailor your resume' to the job description you're going for, if you can.
      HR will hit you with a feeler phone interview, then one of our senior staff will follow up. Depending on the person you get, this could be easy or very difficult. Know the basics of sw engineering and systems. Know the types of memory SW uses & OS fundamentals. Be prepared to answer a programming question on the phone. If you get past that, they'll fly you in and you'll interview one-on-one w/ about 6 people who will grill you (I was one of them). Answer questions to the best of your ability, but don't get too cocky. If you get stuck, ask them what they think of your idea. Have a positive attitude, be friendly, and relax.

Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

The H/R contacted me and scheduled a phone interview for about one week later. On the interview date, one of their engineerins called me and conducted the interview which took more than one hour. First, he asked me to introduce myself and why I want to do an internship. I was then asked about my research project and things I had included in my resume. The second half of the interview was on basic questions from Matlab, C, modulations, error correction codes, etc. Mostly on fundamentals. The interviewer was very expert and nice. Two weeks later, they emailed me and said they cannot offer me the internship.

Interview Questions
    • What was your main challenge working in a big group and how did you overcome that?   Answer Question

Two phone interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Campus job fair in October -> on campus interview -> technical interview
    EIP program is for frosh and soph, no programming questions, only brainteasers asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2012.

I had one on campus interview and one phone interview. In both the interviewers asked about my resume and my experience. Then the technical questions were more on algorithm design ( finding a substring in another string) and concepts of TCP/IP. In phone interview, the interviewer asked about C++ OOD concepts. Also some concepts from OS.

Interview Questions
    • Not very difficult question. But since I had not reviewed OS very well, I did not know about priority inversion.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in December 2012.

I was interviewed for summer intern in a group. The area is related to indoor navigation algorithm design. Two engineers in their group called. I felt good with the first person. He first asked several questions related to my CV, then asked two technical questions related to filtering algorithms. I failed the second one, because it was hard for me to understand his accent......and I didn't be able to answer one question.

Interview Questions
    • A question related to incorporating a map in Kalman filtering   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in April 2012.

After talking to a representative and handing in my resume, I was contacted the following month to set up an interview. I was required to create a profile on their careers site. After that, the scheduling team set up a phone interview time.

The interview was a mix of fit, background, and technical with a focus on the former two. It began with a more open-ended questions of my personality, hobbies, and projects. Many questions were simply about past projects or experiences - they either chose things on my resume and asked me about them or asked about things like "the last time I ran into difficulties on a team and how I handled it". Only a few technical questions were asked; these I believe are left more to the next interview.

Interview Questions
    • Question were asked about incidents or difficult experiences in past work.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm in April 2012.

I got referral by a friend. First phone interview was one week after my resume was passed on. First interviewer is my advisor-to-be, asked me to introduce myself first, and then started to ask technical questions. Took 30-40 min. Told me to get ready for the second internview, which was 2 days later.

Second phone interview took 30 min. All technical questions.

3 days later, received offer from HR.

Interview Questions
    • Introduce yourself, and tell me what is your biggest point?   Answer Question