Qualcomm Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2014
Updated Aug 20, 2014

54 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2009.

Overall, everybody seemed very nice. No overly technical questions were asked but generally about why I was interested in working for the company. They asked about classes I had taken and what I thought I would be doing in the future.

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2010.

I had an interview with a IT employee. Asked questions regarding C programming language. You will do fine if you understand basic data structures and pointers. There are a few behavioral questions asked also.

Interview Questions
    • He will give you some code, and ask you if there is any error you can find.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in May 2008.

Tell me about your self followed by what savings you made it for your company?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2009.

Initially applied through university website. Was contacted by an HR rep to set up 2 phone interviews. After 2 consecutive phone interviews I was contacted the following day with an offer. The interviewers were not well prepared and generally very unorganized.

Interview Questions
    • Describe in detail how a memory allocator works (malloc).   Answer Question
    I was able to extend my offer deadline by over a month. I did not attempt to negotiate the salary. They were very considerate about making changes to my offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2010.

Referred by a friend and received only an on-site interview. Meet with hiring manager for about an hour, then the director who asked quite a few technical questions after which I had lunch with the rest of the team. Awesome experience! Absolutely like working at Qualcomm!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2009.

Qualcomm came to campus in fall for wireless week to demo products, met recruiter and he asked for my resume, 2 phone nterviews (HR and hiring), then offer came few weeks later. Haven't started working yet, but offer seems really sweet for interns. All this process was wrapped by the new year.

Interview Questions
    Very fair offer, just wished there timeline wasn't so early. most internship offers go out in march

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2010.

the panel interview is not that difficult as everyone is nice and friendly but after talking to them, I felt I'm not a perfect "fit" for this position. As I didn't get the offer in the end, I assume they felt the same way.Questions includes: Why qualcomm? why this team? ~~why you want to work in this area? even why san diego~~~Basically, all the questions are based on my resume

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2009.

I had 2 phone interviews on the first day and then one more phone interview a few weeks later. Asked a lot of questions about details about computer systems such as stack layout, caches and virtual to physical address translations. Also asked to tell them about my most recent courses and projects I had worked on.

Interview Questions
    • When a program is compiled what section does each part go to (.data etc)?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2013.

There were three round: Aptitude,Coding and Basics of core subjects.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2012.

Round 1 was an online test consisting of three sections. Section 1 consisted of aptitude/IQ question, Section 2 contained basic coding questions and 3 consisted of one out of software,EC(Signals) or VLSI, the one for which the candidte is sitting.
    Round 2 was 30 min technical interview in which previous project details, basic core theory and coding questions were asked. Puzzles of medium level difficulty were also asked.
    Third round is HR round,which hardly lasts 10 min consisting of the most general hr questions asked in a interview.

Interview Questions
    • Coding questions are asked even from an electrical or EC students if applied for hyderabad.   Answer Question