Qualcomm Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2015
Updated Feb 7, 2015

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in April 2012.

Interview

After talking to a representative and handing in my resume, I was contacted the following month to set up an interview. I was required to create a profile on their careers site. After that, the scheduling team set up a phone interview time.

The interview was a mix of fit, background, and technical with a focus on the former two. It began with a more open-ended questions of my personality, hobbies, and projects. Many questions were simply about past projects or experiences - they either chose things on my resume and asked me about them or asked about things like "the last time I ran into difficulties on a team and how I handled it". Only a few technical questions were asked; these I believe are left more to the next interview.

Interview Questions

• Question were asked about incidents or difficult experiences in past work.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I got referral by a friend. First phone interview was one week after my resume was passed on. First interviewer is my advisor-to-be, asked me to introduce myself first, and then started to ask technical questions. Took 30-40 min. Told me to get ready for the second internview, which was 2 days later.

Second phone interview took 30 min. All technical questions.

3 days later, received offer from HR.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself, and tell me what is your biggest point?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Talked to the recruiters and handed in my CV during their visit to our school. After two weeks, I got the phone interview invitation. They asked me what time I'd like to be interviewed. I asked to be interviewed two weeks later.

There were two interviewers. Each of them interviewed me for about 30 minutes. After a brief introduction, they asked me to grab a paper and a pen, and write down the problem and some equations. They also asked me to derive some results, and explain how I got the solution. There was a bit of calculations; not really hard, it's more about the basic concept. But it's not easy to answer if you are not familiar with the topic.

The first interviewer asked all technical questions. The second interviewer spent half of the time chatting with me and half of the time asking technical questions. Before ending the conversation, they asked me if I have any questions. I seized the chance to chat with them about their work and the working environment. Although I didn't get the right answer to all of the questions, the overall conversation was quite smooth.

In about a week I got an email form the recruiter telling me I was accepted.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer asked me an information theory puzzle. I never heard of such a problem and didn't know how to answer it. I asked for hints and the interviewer guided me to find the answer. It seems to be OK if you don't know how to answer the question at first. Ask for help and try to tell them how you think.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (Arlington, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

I got Email to schedule my interview with qualcomm. I scheduled it and it directly started with technical questions.
    Questions were based on my projects in resume:
    1> verilog
    2> pipelining concepts
    3> hardware for pipelining
    4> C programming: Link list, Hash map.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Switched lots of teams.... finally went to device drivers

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

I got to interview with Qualcomm when they were at my campus. The process consisted of just a single 1:1 interview with an engineer. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and consisted of both behavioral and technical questions. The engineer was very friendly and fun to talk to.
    The technical questions consisted of very basic c++ concepts like oops and abstraction. This was probably one of the easy interviews I have had. Brush up on your basics with c++ and you should be fine.

It took about 2-3 weeks before the HR called and made the offer. In general, I found the people at Qualcomm to be very understanding and nice during the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to implement Fibonacci sequence.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2010.

Interview

I had an interview with a IT employee. Asked questions regarding C programming language. You will do fine if you understand basic data structures and pointers. There are a few behavioral questions asked also.

Interview Questions

• He will give you some code, and ask you if there is any error you can find.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

I had an interview with 6 different person on the same day... (45 min each) So get ready for 5-6 hours of interview...

The interview process started with a person from HR. Introduced me the company and the interview program and the details like procedure for hiring. Than the real interview started with 5 engineers one by one.

They questioned my programming skills asked for simple programs in C/C++. Asked every detail on my CV.

They even asked me to explain every project I did during my education life. Be prepared to present your work in the interview.

They also asked questions from areas that you are not familiar and wanted to come up with an idea or solution to the problem. Be open minded and take your time to think...

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

the panel interview is not that difficult as everyone is nice and friendly but after talking to them, I felt I'm not a perfect "fit" for this position. As I didn't get the offer in the end, I assume they felt the same way.Questions includes: Why qualcomm? why this team? ~~why you want to work in this area? even why san diego~~~Basically, all the questions are based on my resume

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Referred by a friend and received only an on-site interview. Meet with hiring manager for about an hour, then the director who asked quite a few technical questions after which I had lunch with the rest of the team. Awesome experience! Absolutely like working at Qualcomm!!!