Qualcomm Intern Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

Updated Jun 9, 2015

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by email early February and then interviewed the following week. The interview was over the phone for about 45 minutes. He was a very nice guy. He wants to see how you think about different problems plus some technical knowledge about the position you have applied for. The questions was deep into LTE. They replied to me in about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

For me the hiring process involved only two phone calls. I was contacted by a recruiter and I scheduled my interview to be taken two days later. The first call was a technical one which asked me concepts of Operating systems, algorithms and networking. The call lasted for more than 45 minutes although it should end in 30 minutes. The second call was a mix of HR questions and technical questions. One week after the call only, they were impressed and offered me to come on board.

Interview Questions

• In the second phone call I was asked to name my favorite language for programming, which I gave as C. So followup on that question, the person asked me to give solution so that when they write programs for like adding numbers, they should provide generic datatype, and it should support future datatypes which may be introduced later. For that I had taken almost 15 minutes and thought I would not be able to pass that.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No I was not able to negotiate as they had strict policy to give same benefits to each and every intern.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

I had one on campus interview and one phone interview. In both the interviewers asked about my resume and my experience. Then the technical questions were more on algorithm design ( finding a substring in another string) and concepts of TCP/IP. In phone interview, the interviewer asked about C++ OOD concepts. Also some concepts from OS.

Interview Questions

• Not very difficult question. But since I had not reviewed OS very well, I did not know about priority inversion.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I got referral by a friend. First phone interview was one week after my resume was passed on. First interviewer is my advisor-to-be, asked me to introduce myself first, and then started to ask technical questions. Took 30-40 min. Told me to get ready for the second internview, which was 2 days later.

Second phone interview took 30 min. All technical questions.

3 days later, received offer from HR.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself, and tell me what is your biggest point?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Switched lots of teams.... finally went to device drivers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

I got to interview with Qualcomm when they were at my campus. The process consisted of just a single 1:1 interview with an engineer. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and consisted of both behavioral and technical questions. The engineer was very friendly and fun to talk to.
    The technical questions consisted of very basic c++ concepts like oops and abstraction. This was probably one of the easy interviews I have had. Brush up on your basics with c++ and you should be fine.

It took about 2-3 weeks before the HR called and made the offer. In general, I found the people at Qualcomm to be very understanding and nice during the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to implement Fibonacci sequence.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

I had an interview with 6 different person on the same day... (45 min each) So get ready for 5-6 hours of interview...

The interview process started with a person from HR. Introduced me the company and the interview program and the details like procedure for hiring. Than the real interview started with 5 engineers one by one.

They questioned my programming skills asked for simple programs in C/C++. Asked every detail on my CV.

They even asked me to explain every project I did during my education life. Be prepared to present your work in the interview.

They also asked questions from areas that you are not familiar and wanted to come up with an idea or solution to the problem. Be open minded and take your time to think...

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

the panel interview is not that difficult as everyone is nice and friendly but after talking to them, I felt I'm not a perfect "fit" for this position. As I didn't get the offer in the end, I assume they felt the same way.Questions includes: Why qualcomm? why this team? ~~why you want to work in this area? even why san diego~~~Basically, all the questions are based on my resume

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Referred by a friend and received only an on-site interview. Meet with hiring manager for about an hour, then the director who asked quite a few technical questions after which I had lunch with the rest of the team. Awesome experience! Absolutely like working at Qualcomm!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

Qualcomm came to campus in fall for wireless week to demo products, met recruiter and he asked for my resume, 2 phone nterviews (HR and hiring), then offer came few weeks later. Haven't started working yet, but offer seems really sweet for interns. All this process was wrapped by the new year.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very fair offer, just wished there timeline wasn't so early. most internship offers go out in march