Qualcomm

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Qualcomm

Interview Details – I had one on campus interview and one phone interview. In both the interviewers asked about my resume and my experience. Then the technical questions were more on algorithm design ( finding a substring in another string) and concepts of TCP/IP. In phone interview, the interviewer asked about C++ OOD concepts.

Interview Question – Not very difficult question   Answer Question

Internship

I applied online and interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews are conducted in about 2 months before the internship start date. The internship duration can be very flexible. The two phone interviews are conducted by two employees in the same group. Each of the phone interview is about 30 mins long. After the two phone interviews, I was contacted by HR saying that i got the offer for the internship. Then various processes started to help me get the work started.

Interview Question – OFDM standard related questions.   Answer Question

Internship

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – 3 interviews..no hr

Interview Question – how to deal with fractional delays in the signal?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – 1 personal and 2 phone interviews

Interview Question – Probability question   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Boulder, CO

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2012.

Interview Details – HR contacted me and directly went onsite foe technical interviews. two technical interviews
problems about disk rotating , writing algorithms on board, and one interviewer asked maths questions and he wanted us to be specific about the method ,matrix multiplication was asked using CUDA

Interview Question – Mathematics - number of digits in 2^10, they wanted specific method to do it   Answer Question

Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2012.

Interview Details – had two different technical interview! basic questions on wireless communications, probability theory, and C and Matlab programming skills!

Interview Question – what would we gain/lose by adding more antennas to tx/rx?   Answer Question

Irvine, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in May 2007.

Interview Details – The interview started with a phone interview one day before. And then, there is an on-site interview for the next day. The managers are very friendly to me. We had brief lunch together talking about the general available projects at Atheros and followed by four 1:1 interviews. The interviews were to test my basic understanding as well as practical skills about integrated circuit designs. The questions are very reasonable and well-designed. The interviewers are very sharp but nice and friendly.

Interview Question – Impedance Matching for a passive circuit with transmissions lines and non-ideal transformers.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was assigned with some other project at school during that summer and got time conflict with this internship.

Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Hiring process was of three steps. First written test and then 2 rounds of telephonic interview.

Interview Question – Technical interview was on the tougher side. Interview was asking questions mainly on digital signal processing, coding mainly internal change in stacks after function calling and some average mental ability question   Answer Question

Internship

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Applied online. Two weeks later received the first email to schedule a phone interview. One week later another phone interview. Both phone interviews were one on one. The interviewers were very friendly engineers. They explained a lot about their company. Shortly after, an offer was given. After that, HR contacted me for background check, visa, etc. The process was quite straight forward and professional.

Interview Question – Been asked some very basic baseband signal processing problems. Basic but not simple. And some use case for multi-antenna system. Also went through the CV with details.   Answer Question

Zürich (Switzerland)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2012.

Interview Details – I have submitted online application and get contact after 3 days for phone interview.

Interview Question – Multiply a number by 7 without using +-*/   View Answers (2)

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!