Qualcomm

Getting the Interview

802 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Web Applications Developer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with three team members. Mostly about your background, recent project and behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Have you ever feel not enough work to do in your previous working experience? How did you deal with this situation?   Answer Question

Engineer - Integration and Testing Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

Interview Details – Five people interviewed me and asked questions about my resume and lab instruments and GPS technology.

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate well and took the engineer position after 4 years of full time experience. The recruiter told me she can mark the offer rejected and I got scared :) Don't accept anything without going back and forth atleast 2-3 times.

Modem Systems Test Engineer Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2011.

Interview Details – A phone interview that lasted 45 mins. The interview was on the basics of communication systems/DSP.

I was then called for an onsite interview that lasted an entire day. Over 6 interviews were held and most questions were centered on fundamentals of Signal Processing/Communication with a minor focus on programming. A lot of questions were on my projects

Interview Question – I had a project on MIMO OFDM phase noise compensation. The question was how I could have implemented the same for a CDMA based system   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Multimedia Test Engineer Interview

Interviewed at Qualcomm

Interview Details – Interview was all around my resume and master's project.

Interim Engineering Intern Interview

Interviewed at Qualcomm

Interview Details – 1 Programming task, 2 phone interviews

Interview Question – Most questions were based on multithreading and optimization.   Answer Question

Interim Engineering Intern Interview

San Diego, CA

I interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

Interview Details – 2 Telephonic interviews

Interview Question – Be good at whatever you have mentioned in your resume   Answer Question

Contract Analyst Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Phone Interview with 4 people at the same time, couldn't hear clearly some of the questions.

Manager, Business Development Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2010.

Interview Details – Meet with multiple executives from various disciplines. Engineering, business, finance. Pretty thorough process. Need a minimum education level (masters) to get into the door. Lots of PhDs hired as well. Multiple rounds for interviews to see about fit.

Interview Question – How to handle customers in a difficult situation.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy negotiation as they accepted all my demands. Push as hard as you can once you get an offer.

Analog Circuit Verification Intern (Graduate Level) Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2014.

Interview Details – The entire process took around three weeks. Applied through a referral. Was scheduled for two phone interviews on the same day. Was asked about a detailed description of the projects listed in resume that were relevant to the field of application. For every project , I was asked to explain about the testbench used, the input and design specifications, some issues that came up and how they were solved. General technical questions were asked only based on the project areas , so it is important to know the fundamentals of the project listed in the resume inside out. Non technical questions included general aspects like whether I have collaborated with big teams, what my specific areas of interest are and where my passion lies.

Interview Question – Analog Circuits : Since I had some project work in PLLs I was asked where exactly a flipflop or a delay element should be added in the PLL loop, to resolve a glitch or to ensure that the PLL locks.

Device Physics : How does mobility of electrons/holes vary with gate voltage in a MOSFET
  Answer Question

Modem Firmware Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2013.

Interview Details – First had a phone interview where I was invited to an onsite interview. There were 5 interviews in person with a lunch. Mostly asking about coding and brain teaser problem solving. There was also an interview with HR about desired salary. Didn't hear back from HR for over 2 weeks and had to contact them myself.

Interview Question – Everything about coding: structs, definitions, bit-wize, optimization   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Qualcomm

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Qualcomm interview questions and advice. All 802 interview reviews posted anonymously by Qualcomm employees and interview candidates.