Qualcomm Interview Questions

1,170 Interview Reviews

3.1

Build and Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who was very persistent when it came to setting up the phone screen and on-site interviews. After the phone screen, I was invited on-site the next day. I had heard that Qualcomm was a pretty male dominated company but I was shocked by just how true that was. Waiting in the lobby for about 20 mins for my interviewer, I saw about 50 men walk by and about 4 women. I was interviewed by 2 Indian males. The interview questions weren't too hard, but the guys never seemed to be satisfied by my answers and always responded with "Well, we were looking more for you to tell us (this)." I had mixed feelings about the interview, but was expecting feedback the next day or early the next week since my recruiter said they were moving fast. More than 2 weeks have gone by and I never heard back from my recruiter even after sending a follow-up email a week later. Extremely unprofessional. If you are not an Indian, Asian, or White male, I suggest you don't even bother interviewing here.

Interview Questions

• Q: Reverse a list in Python Q: How would you test a phone field?   Answer Question

Senior Hardware Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an on-site interview. HR & HM are quite efficient. Meet with a few managers. The interview is more like a discussion on general engineering topics.

Interview Questions

• Ask questions based on my resume. Discuss some details on general research topics.   1 Answer

SoC Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (Raleigh, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

First 1:1 phone interview, Then an on site interview. In the onsite interview, three technical interviews separately in the morning, then having lunch with manager. In the afternoon, another technical interview and then talked with the manager of the manager.

Interview Questions

• First interviewer did bus connection verification. so he asked about the protocol of ahb and axi. Then he asked how many vip should be used for their verification environment. I didn't understand the question clearly. Because if we want to keep CPU and the code run on real CPU, we don't need to replace these interfaces with VIPs, but if the CPU needs to be replaced, only other slave/master interfaces need to be replaced by VIPs. After he cleared it, what he wanted to do was to replace all the CPU interfaces and other IP interfaces. The second interviewer asked 2 questions: 1) how to check the module was reset by reading/writing registers? The premise for this was there was no spec for register. 2) how to check an interrupt was generated? There was a bit in the register for the interrupt signal. The third interviewer asked the following questions: 1) virtual memory structure 2) spin lock 3) tomasulo 4) fibonacci generator The last technical interviewer asked: 1) shell questions: search a key word in a file and count how many lines contain the key word 2) Perl sort question: user perl to sort a hash with key or with value 3) set environment variable in Perl 4) fibonacci generator 5) there are 2 buckets: 5 litters and 3 litters, how to get 4 litters of water 6) there is a rectangle pie, remove a small rectangle in that large rectangle, after that, use a straight line to cut the pie to get 2 equal areas. There was another question I forgot who asked: use SystemVerilog to generate address with the following constraint: 0x0 (mem1), 0x4(mem2), 0x8(mem3), 0xC(mem1), 0x10(mem2), 0x14(mem3) ...   4 Answers

Director of Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process started off with a half hour phone call screening from the hiring manager. The manager started by giving a brief description of the job and it's responsibilities and then proceeded by asking a specific lists of questions. Most of the questions were related to my past work experience and also why I am leaving my current position. After the phone interview, I was invited to a one-on-one on-site interview with the hiring manager. The on-site interview was divided into two parts. The first part was on product marketing skills and the second on technical skills. I did well on the product marketing skills secion as the questions were in line with my current and past working experience. I only performed average on the technical questions as they were in an area where I have little work experience in and he never asked questions in areas where I have a lot of experience in. To be fair, the job required technical expertise in both areas but unfortunately his interviews focused on the area where I did not have much experience in. Oveall, it was a good experience as I was also able to learn from the interview about my weak areas.

Interview Questions

• Asked about past job experiences, why I want to leave my current position, and some technical questions.   1 Answer

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (Raleigh, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

I had applied online. The HR scheduled the interview. 1 phone screen for an hour with technical and resume based questions. after 5 days I got onsite interview invitation. 2 technical rounds and lunch with team members and finally a panel interview with 3 team leads. They were shooting questions but they were very friendly. I received a verbal offer 2 days after and was told to wait for 2 weeks for offer letter and after 3 weeks the HR says she doesn't know how long it takes to approve the offer. I am very disappointed. I don't if I have to have hopes still or forget this offer. As they gave a verbal offer I stopped applying for other jobs and was waiting for the joining date. I don't have any other offer in hand and I am shattered. I am very disappointed by the hiring process of a giant company like Qualcomm.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (Bridgewater, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied Online. After 1-2 weeks HR scheduled the telephonic interview. Hiring manager give me call and took telephonic interview for 30 min. After 3 weeks scheduled for full day onsite interview with VP(1 round), technical managers(5 rounds), senior staff engineers(2 rounds).

Interview Questions

• 1). Design Strategy in C++ 2). Semaphore, mutex, spin lock 3). S1/X2 HO call flow 4). Work Experience from Current Company and previous company. 5). C basic questions. 6). Volatile, register 7). State machine questions 8). Most of the interview questions from work experience   Answer Question

Mixed Signal Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (Tempe, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied for a temporary position, had 2 phone interviews with managers- First one included a 30 minute round on my resume which and about the use of lab equipment. Second interview was a bit relaxed. The manager asked me analog circuit basics and asked some HR questions.

Interview Questions

• Perl Basics, Statistics, Analog Basics, RC circuits   2 Answers

Negotiation

Din;t negotiate

CPU Verification Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (Raleigh, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and got email to set up a phone interview after 1 month, interview was pretty simple and basic questions about computer architecture like what is a pipeline, what are hazards in the pipeline and stages in the pipeline. How to test 32 bit adder using assembly language. Waiting for the response.

Interview Questions

• cpu hazard? pipeline? stages of pipeline? how to test 32 bit adder?   Answer Question

Senior WLAN Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by email to schedule a phone interview which lasted 45 mins. The interviewer asked me a lot of technical questions related to networking, WLAN, Software development. I was contacted after 2 weeks saying my software development skill were not adequate for the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing company which set up the phone interview with the hiring manager. The process took about a month. The phone interview was mostly basic computer architecture questions. It lasted about 40 minutes