Qualcomm Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
1,108 Interview Reviews

3.1

Systems Engineer, Wireless Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm.

In general, it had little human touch. I arrived in San Diego Sunday eve. Drove the rental to the first building. There was no escort the entire process. The receptionist directed me and another to the top floor. The HR guy was fine. I was then told to catch a shuttle to another building, and find a somewhat hidden entrance. The like continues thru the day. The "interviews" consisted of me going into one office after the next, shut door, me at the whiteboard answering technical questions. I felt I answered about 75% correctly, giving myself a B on that stuff'; not stellar, but fine. Five offices, all day, about like a qualifying exam. No one discussed personal goals, shared personal stuff about themselves, or asked me about my trip, if I found everything fine, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Several questions on statistics, signal processing, communications. Mostly fundamental knowledge, not specific to any standard. Example... need to build a Gaussian random number generator, but the chip only supports uniform distribution. How do I solve this?   View Answer

Summer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Qualcomm.

I was looking for a summer internship and I had three phone interviews. I had the interview opportunity from employee referral. They ask mostly technical problems relating my research background

Software/Systems Test Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Qualcomm.

The first interview was a phone interview. The person I spoke to was very friendly and helped me get to few of the answers for the questions he asked. The questions were mostly general telecommunications questions and a couple operating systems questions.

The second interview was on-site. The process took nearly the entire day beginning at 9 in the morning and ending around 4 in the afternoon. I met with the head of HR then moved to a different building to meet with one of the engineers. After this was the lunch interview with the head of the QA department. After that I met with another engineer who tested my problem solving abilities. The last interview was with a software engineer who tested my knowledge of various languages.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Phone Interview. I got a mail from the recruiter asking if I was interested in their circuit design intern position. I replied promptly for the same and got 2 phone interviews setup for the same day. The interviews were set 5 hours apart.

Interview Questions
    • What are setup and hold times?
      Write a verilog code for D flip flop.
      Explain your standard cells library project.
      How does threshold voltage, interconnect resistance and capacitance vary wit temperature.

Answer Question

PHY Verification Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Qualcomm.

I had a telephone interview with the PHY verification manager. He was very rude. Called me 12 mins late and never mentioned about it. No sorry nothing. He was in a hurry from the begining. Asked me if I know DSP. That was his first question. I have not mentioned DSP any where in my resume. Then after 10 more mins of conversation he said HR would get back to me. Personally I would not like to work work under such a manager.

VI and DVT Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm in February 2015.

i got a call from the team at the time specified. They asked me questions about my academic projects and about the languages i know. I explained to them about my projects and towards the end i asked them what my role would be. They told me that it was related to testing.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about your academic projects   View Answer
    • which languages are you comfortable with?   View Answer

RFIC Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in February 2015.

Give a talk about the research that I have done. Then several engineers ask questions about the research work and some basic questions on RFIC design. Even I don't know how to answer some of the questions, the interviewers will give some hints and guide me to answer them correctly.

Interview Questions
    • Do the matching of LNA on the Smith Chart.   View Answer

Analog Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in February 2015.

I finished my interview with a Phone interview from a manager. I uploaded my resume to a talent pool, got an email immediately. Next day, I had a screen phone call interview. The following day, I was kindly rejected as a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • I was mostly asked about my resume over the phone. The talk was not easy due to dialect and fast paced questions that were asked without specific details. Very hard communications. It seemed like they were in a rush to find someone who can do the job right away. I did not get any other interviews since I felt that they wanted someone that can design the product right away.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2015.

I had 2 Phone interviews for NJ R&D internship position. Both of them ask me about my PhD and Master projects, a few questions on my course work and then some technical questions. They also asked me 2 puzzles in the first interview. Each of the interviews last for 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • In how many ways you can go N steps with either 1 or 2 steps at a time!   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I interviewed for an engineering position. Interview questions were fairly easy, some algorithm questions and some control questions. I never heard back from them after the interview.

Overall, I thought the workplace seemed very dull, and people seemed low energy and not enthusiastic about their job.

Interview Questions
    • I got questions about my past experiences and some algorithm questions.   Answer Question