Qualcomm

Updated Feb 27, 2015
1,092 Interview Reviews

3.1

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Phone Interview. I got a mail from the recruiter asking if I was interested in their circuit design intern position. I replied promptly for the same and got 2 phone interviews setup for the same day. The interviews were set 5 hours apart.

Interview Questions
    • What are setup and hold times?
      Write a verilog code for D flip flop.
      Explain your standard cells library project.
      How does threshold voltage, interconnect resistance and capacitance vary wit temperature.

Answer Question

PHY Verification Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Qualcomm.

I had a telephone interview with the PHY verification manager. He was very rude. Called me 12 mins late and never mentioned about it. No sorry nothing. He was in a hurry from the begining. Asked me if I know DSP. That was his first question. I have not mentioned DSP any where in my resume. Then after 10 more mins of conversation he said HR would get back to me. Personally I would not like to work work under such a manager.

VI and DVT Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm in February 2015.

i got a call from the team at the time specified. They asked me questions about my academic projects and about the languages i know. I explained to them about my projects and towards the end i asked them what my role would be. They told me that it was related to testing.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about your academic projects   View Answer
    • which languages are you comfortable with?   View Answer

Engineering Interview

I interviewed for an engineering position. Interview questions were fairly easy, some algorithm questions and some control questions. I never heard back from them after the interview.

Overall, I thought the workplace seemed very dull, and people seemed low energy and not enthusiastic about their job.

Interview Questions
    • I got questions about my past experiences and some algorithm questions.   Answer Question

Staff Test Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Qualcomm.

most of the interview was based on previous work projects experience and fit in team, however I was also asked general concepts of DSP/sampling theory/filter design/technical challenges in previous projects and how they were resolved,

Audio Signal Processing Interview

Phone Interview, We fixed up a time and date, I interviewed with two people, both asking similar quesitons. They stuck to only one part of my resume, wasn't well versed on the basics of the one project they were interested in. Thus, didn't make it

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2015.

I had 2 Phone interviews for NJ R&D internship position. Both of them ask me about my PhD and Master projects, a few questions on my course work and then some technical questions. They also asked me 2 puzzles in the first interview. Each of the interviews last for 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • In how many ways you can go N steps with either 1 or 2 steps at a time!   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2015.

I only had one over the phone interview, but we talked for about 20 minutes. The interviewer needed some one who was good with android and told me that they might need node.js work done. The interview also said that even though they were hiring for an android developer, they would have me do a lot of web development.

RF Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2015.

I applied to a talent pool position (meaning that your profile is in the system and once there is an opening, hiring managers your profile in hand). So, I did not hear from them in months. Once there was a position available, they contacted me through e-mail to setup a phone interview with one of the hiring managers. Then after that, we proceeded for a second phone interview with another hiring manager. Both interviews were not too technical and went really well as far as I could tell. Next, I was awaiting for further instructions to move on the the next step (in person interview). To my surprise a week later they contacted me saying that: "while they were impressed with my background and qualifications, they regret that they will not be pursuing employment opportunities with me at the time". I sent an e-mail back asking for feedback (because I was really curious to know what I did wrong or where I could improve) and I never heard back from them. In all honesty, I know how hard it is to get into that company so I was happy to be considered for the position in the first place.

Hardware Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Two interviews each about 45 minutes. The first one was some questions about my past experience and from my resume. Asked some basic signal processing questions. The second interview was more technical. Mostly on OFDM systems, equalization, DSP algorithms, receivers non-linearities and some basic probability questions.