Qualcomm Interview Questions

1,006 Interview Reviews

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2009.

This is supposed to be a great place to work? Employees have a cocky attitude overall. Interviewers gave the impression that I should have felt I was about to be admitted into heaven. Seemed overly concerned with where I got my degree - even though I've been working in the industry for over 15 years. Company is advertised as being open, laid back, and rewarding, but one wouldn't know it from the interview process!

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose to apply for this position at Qualcomm?   View Answer

See above.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

Was very tough..Be prepared with complete C knowledge

Software Test Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2013.

a phone interview

Interview Questions
    • how to calculate CQI for LTE networks; how to create generate matrix for ANY convolutional codes; accent hard to understand   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boulder, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2012.

HR contacted me and directly went onsite foe technical interviews. two technical interviews
    problems about disk rotating , writing algorithms on board, and one interviewer asked maths questions and he wanted us to be specific about the method ,matrix multiplication was asked using CUDA

Interview Questions
    • Mathematics - number of digits in 2^10, they wanted specific method to do it   View Answer

Staff Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm.

After initial phone screening, a grueling day with interviews back-to-back followed. Some interviewers were not related to the position and asked questions unrelated to the required background. It would have been better to have fewer but to the point interviews. The focus was completely technical and a very limited view of the company culture and work environment was offered. On the other hand, I could sense very different personalities, which I should have understood not as a strength, but as a sign of a conflicted work environment. Basically, a Californian company which doesn't get Austin.

Interview Questions
    • The position was not for graphics development and neither is my background, but an interviewer insisted on probing on such algorithms and linear algebra, about which I know about only cursorily and recall only vaguely.   View Answer
    • An interviewer whose background was similar to mine asked a question about a feature of an old processor architecture that I never worked on, but, seeing my difficulty, spent the time to explain it to me.   View Answer
    The negotiation was carried out over email, since I was vacationing then. It went fairly well and I believe that I was able to high-ball my salary without much push-back.

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2009.

hiring process was great. A total of 6 people interviewed each for a period of 45min to an hour.

Senior Test Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2012.

Be thoroughly prepared. They will ask you everything about semiconductor device physics and all. Knowing programming languages will help. Answer what you are asked do not try to over impress the interviewer with irrelevant stuff. They pay you good salary and benefits hence they look for someone who is worth that. Even if 1 person does not like the candidate he/she will be rejected.

Interview Questions
    • Since I am a technical guy the most difficult on for me is what are your strengths and weaknesses. I mentioned my technical strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Senior Analog Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2010.

First, the bus takes a long time to schedule. Qualcomm is so big and you have to travel from one building to the other. The HR needs to schedule a bus to communicate.

The interview was very difficult. I was asked to derive the conclusion of a Ph.D. thesis. And another guy asked me what is wrong for a emitter degenerated bipolar filter if the Gain of the bipolar is much lower than expected.

Anyway, questions are kind of hard to prepare. I missed some easy questions too.

Mixed Signal Designer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm.

The interview was very technical - more than I expected. No question was asked about my profile or the job profile as such. Directly technical questions were asked. And sometimes its very tough to understand technical questions over the phone to answer then correctly. At the end I was able to answer some parts but it took too much time to understand the questions correctly.

Interview Questions
    • noise due to current source of diff-amp taken differentialy   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2012.

Applied through company website..got an call from staffing specialist 2 weeks later and a technical interview was fixed..initial technical interview was based on project as well as basic questions from verilog and system verilog..later was questioned upon some basic math questions..a week later was called for onsite interview..it consisted of 6-7 rounds..was asked upon fsm,asynchronous fifo,pattern detector,oops concepts,counter,clock divider,questions from projects etc..all the interviewers really made me comfortable..they shared their advice as how to land in an job,how should i build my careers etc..

Interview Questions
    • how will u verify the functionality of an asynchronous fifo,dual port ram..   Answer Question

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!