Qualcomm

989 candidate interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2009.

Interview Details – This is supposed to be a great place to work? Employees have a cocky attitude overall. Interviewers gave the impression that I should have felt I was about to be admitted into heaven. Seemed overly concerned with where I got my degree - even though I've been working in the industry for over 15 years. Company is advertised as being open, laid back, and rewarding, but one wouldn't know it from the interview process!

Interview Question – Why did you choose to apply for this position at Qualcomm?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – See above.

ASIC Wireless Modem Systems Engineer Interview

ASIC Wireless Modem Systems Engineer
San Diego, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2010.

Interview Details – An Indian guy called me on the phone. Asked me two questions about my resume and then two communications questions. Then he started math puzzles, he seemed extremely interested in math puzzles, after two math puzzles, he just wanted to continued with more math puzzles. I had to interrupt to ask him to give some more details about this job position. He was CLEARLY IRRITATED at my request (that he should ask job specific questions) and DISCONTINUED the interview. I subsequently got a normal REJECTION notice from Qualcomm HR.

Senior Analog Designer Interview

Senior Analog Designer
San Diego, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2010.

Interview Details – First, the bus takes a long time to schedule. Qualcomm is so big and you have to travel from one building to the other. The HR needs to schedule a bus to communicate.

The interview was very difficult. I was asked to derive the conclusion of a Ph.D. thesis. And another guy asked me what is wrong for a emitter degenerated bipolar filter if the Gain of the bipolar is much lower than expected.

Anyway, questions are kind of hard to prepare. I missed some easy questions too.

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
San Diego, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2011.

Interview Details – The people setting up the interview were very nice and courteous. The interview was highly technical and concentrated on expert level questions. The posted job was not for a principal or senior level engineer, but they were obviously looking for someone with that kind of experience. The interviewer had a condescending attitude when you didn't know the answer and would not have been a good person to work for. Someone mentioned that the PhDs at Qualcomm look down on people who don't have one and my experience supports that claim.

Interview Question – What is the equation for device mismatch?   Answer Question

Image Processing Engineer Interview

Image Processing Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interviewer asked about some detail in CV. Since the group belongs to R&D, he asked how QM coder works and can I use QM coder to encode the binary stream out from H.264 video file.

Interview Question – Explain how adaptive Huffman algorithm works?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Windows Mobile Broadband Networking Driver Development Software Engineer Interview

Windows Mobile Broadband Networking Driver Development Software Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2012.

Interview Details – basic C coding questions: byte size, range, xor, heap vs stack, memory leak, call function,static variables, pointer, ram vs harddisk, sorting algorithm,
Operating system question: process, thread,register,ISR, interupt
Coding: find out the missing number from 1-100

Interview Question – Data communication questions   Answer Question

Video Workload Architecture Engineer Interview

Video Workload Architecture Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Got a phone interview after almost two months of applying on their website. Then the phone interview lasts about 45 minutes. The interviewer cared most about whether you have the skills required for the position, and asked few questions about the resume.

Interview Question – A lot of C programming questions that I didn't prepare, since my study area does not need it.
But the interviewer said the manager of their group emphasized that programming skills should be carefully examined.
  Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship
Boulder, CO

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2012.

Interview Details – HR contacted me and directly went onsite foe technical interviews. two technical interviews
problems about disk rotating , writing algorithms on board, and one interviewer asked maths questions and he wanted us to be specific about the method ,matrix multiplication was asked using CUDA

Interview Question – Mathematics - number of digits in 2^10, they wanted specific method to do it   View Answer

Verification Engineer Interview

Verification Engineer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through company website..got an call from staffing specialist 2 weeks later and a technical interview was fixed..initial technical interview was based on project as well as basic questions from verilog and system verilog..later was questioned upon some basic math questions..a week later was called for onsite interview..it consisted of 6-7 rounds..was asked upon fsm,asynchronous fifo,pattern detector,oops concepts,counter,clock divider,questions from projects etc..all the interviewers really made me comfortable..they shared their advice as how to land in an job,how should i build my careers etc..

Interview Question – how will u verify the functionality of an asynchronous fifo,dual port ram..   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Staff Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – After initial phone screening, a grueling day with interviews back-to-back followed. Some interviewers were not related to the position and asked questions unrelated to the required background. It would have been better to have fewer but to the point interviews. The focus was completely technical and a very limited view of the company culture and work environment was offered. On the other hand, I could sense very different personalities, which I should have understood not as a strength, but as a sign of a conflicted work environment. Basically, a Californian company which doesn't get Austin.

Interview Questions

• The position was not for graphics development and neither is my background, but an interviewer insisted on probing on such algorithms and linear algebra, about which I know about only cursorily and recall only vaguely.   View Answer
  • An interviewer whose background was similar to mine asked a question about a feature of an old processor architecture that I never worked on, but, seeing my difficulty, spent the time to explain it to me.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was carried out over email, since I was vacationing then. It went fairly well and I believe that I was able to high-ball my salary without much push-back.

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!