Qualcomm

1,073 Interview Reviews

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm in February 2009.

This is supposed to be a great place to work? Employees have a cocky attitude overall. Interviewers gave the impression that I should have felt I was about to be admitted into heaven. Seemed overly concerned with where I got my degree - even though I've been working in the industry for over 15 years. Company is advertised as being open, laid back, and rewarding, but one wouldn't know it from the interview process!

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose to apply for this position at Qualcomm?   View Answer

See above.

ASIC Wireless Modem Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2010.

An Indian guy called me on the phone. Asked me two questions about my resume and then two communications questions. Then he started math puzzles, he seemed extremely interested in math puzzles, after two math puzzles, he just wanted to continued with more math puzzles. I had to interrupt to ask him to give some more details about this job position. He was CLEARLY IRRITATED at my request (that he should ask job specific questions) and DISCONTINUED the interview. I subsequently got a normal REJECTION notice from Qualcomm HR.

Senior Analog Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in July 2010.

First, the bus takes a long time to schedule. Qualcomm is so big and you have to travel from one building to the other. The HR needs to schedule a bus to communicate.

The interview was very difficult. I was asked to derive the conclusion of a Ph.D. thesis. And another guy asked me what is wrong for a emitter degenerated bipolar filter if the Gain of the bipolar is much lower than expected.

Anyway, questions are kind of hard to prepare. I missed some easy questions too.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2011.

The people setting up the interview were very nice and courteous. The interview was highly technical and concentrated on expert level questions. The posted job was not for a principal or senior level engineer, but they were obviously looking for someone with that kind of experience. The interviewer had a condescending attitude when you didn't know the answer and would not have been a good person to work for. Someone mentioned that the PhDs at Qualcomm look down on people who don't have one and my experience supports that claim.

Image Processing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2012.

The interviewer asked about some detail in CV. Since the group belongs to R&D, he asked how QM coder works and can I use QM coder to encode the binary stream out from H.264 video file.

Interview Questions

Windows Mobile Broadband Networking Driver Development Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm in April 2012.

basic C coding questions: byte size, range, xor, heap vs stack, memory leak, call function,static variables, pointer, ram vs harddisk, sorting algorithm,
    Operating system question: process, thread,register,ISR, interupt
    Coding: find out the missing number from 1-100

Video Workload Architecture Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Got a phone interview after almost two months of applying on their website. Then the phone interview lasts about 45 minutes. The interviewer cared most about whether you have the skills required for the position, and asked few questions about the resume.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of C programming questions that I didn't prepare, since my study area does not need it.
      But the interviewer said the manager of their group emphasized that programming skills should be carefully examined.

Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2012.

HR contacted me and directly went onsite foe technical interviews. two technical interviews
    problems about disk rotating , writing algorithms on board, and one interviewer asked maths questions and he wanted us to be specific about the method ,matrix multiplication was asked using CUDA

Interview Questions
    • Mathematics - number of digits in 2^10, they wanted specific method to do it   View Answer

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2012.

Applied through company website..got an call from staffing specialist 2 weeks later and a technical interview was fixed..initial technical interview was based on project as well as basic questions from verilog and system verilog..later was questioned upon some basic math questions..a week later was called for onsite interview..it consisted of 6-7 rounds..was asked upon fsm,asynchronous fifo,pattern detector,oops concepts,counter,clock divider,questions from projects etc..all the interviewers really made me comfortable..they shared their advice as how to land in an job,how should i build my careers etc..

Interview Questions
    • how will u verify the functionality of an asynchronous fifo,dual port ram..   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm.

After initial phone screening, a grueling day with interviews back-to-back followed. Some interviewers were not related to the position and asked questions unrelated to the required background. It would have been better to have fewer but to the point interviews. The focus was completely technical and a very limited view of the company culture and work environment was offered. On the other hand, I could sense very different personalities, which I should have understood not as a strength, but as a sign of a conflicted work environment. Basically, a Californian company which doesn't get Austin.

Interview Questions
    • The position was not for graphics development and neither is my background, but an interviewer insisted on probing on such algorithms and linear algebra, about which I know about only cursorily and recall only vaguely.   View Answer
    • An interviewer whose background was similar to mine asked a question about a feature of an old processor architecture that I never worked on, but, seeing my difficulty, spent the time to explain it to me.   View Answer
    The negotiation was carried out over email, since I was vacationing then. It went fairly well and I believe that I was able to high-ball my salary without much push-back.