Qualcomm Interview Questions

1,006 Interview Reviews

3.1

Mixed Signal Designer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm.

The interview was very technical - more than I expected. No question was asked about my profile or the job profile as such. Directly technical questions were asked. And sometimes its very tough to understand technical questions over the phone to answer then correctly. At the end I was able to answer some parts but it took too much time to understand the questions correctly.

Interview Questions
    • noise due to current source of diff-amp taken differentialy   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2013.

a phone interview

Interview Questions
    • how to calculate CQI for LTE networks; how to create generate matrix for ANY convolutional codes; accent hard to understand   Answer Question

Computer Vision R&D Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Very disorganized. 30 min phone interview. I don't know how can one judge somebody in a 30 min phone interview. The interviewer did not care about my experience nor introduced himself, group and the job description. Just started asking some coding questions on the phone which is difficult to answer. Also got irritated when I asked for question clarification. And then said got to go...I thought this was the worst interview I ever had. I had interviewed with QC 5 years ago and it was very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing that I could not answer. But was difficult to convey coding answers over the phone.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

Was very tough..Be prepared with complete C knowledge

Software Engineer - LTE (C - Real-Time/Embedded) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

After applying online through the website, I received an email to schedule phone interview's date and time. The interview took about 30 minutes and from the very beginning the guy asked for pen and paper. Then he started asking about my project on LTE network optimization, after that he asked about C programming 'data structures','stack' and also he asked about some programming logic. He didn't go through my resume.

Video Algorithms Architect Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Phone Interview first with a manager level engineer about my previous experience. A lot of questions are about my projects. Like why you did this way? why you had this result? Then onsite interview in San Diego. Met 6 people in future team. Nearly all the questions are about video encoding/codec and only a few are about C( pointer, memory access) programming.

Interview Questions
    • One question is from my previous project. The hiring manager asked me about the algorithm I adopted in my project. I only did the implementation job but had no idea about why.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boulder, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2012.

HR contacted me and directly went onsite foe technical interviews. two technical interviews
    problems about disk rotating , writing algorithms on board, and one interviewer asked maths questions and he wanted us to be specific about the method ,matrix multiplication was asked using CUDA

Interview Questions
    • Mathematics - number of digits in 2^10, they wanted specific method to do it   View Answer

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2012.

Applied through company website..got an call from staffing specialist 2 weeks later and a technical interview was fixed..initial technical interview was based on project as well as basic questions from verilog and system verilog..later was questioned upon some basic math questions..a week later was called for onsite interview..it consisted of 6-7 rounds..was asked upon fsm,asynchronous fifo,pattern detector,oops concepts,counter,clock divider,questions from projects etc..all the interviewers really made me comfortable..they shared their advice as how to land in an job,how should i build my careers etc..

Interview Questions
    • how will u verify the functionality of an asynchronous fifo,dual port ram..   Answer Question

Video Workload Architecture Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Got a phone interview after almost two months of applying on their website. Then the phone interview lasts about 45 minutes. The interviewer cared most about whether you have the skills required for the position, and asked few questions about the resume.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of C programming questions that I didn't prepare, since my study area does not need it.
      But the interviewer said the manager of their group emphasized that programming skills should be carefully examined.
        Answer Question

Windows Mobile Broadband Networking Driver Development Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2012.

basic C coding questions: byte size, range, xor, heap vs stack, memory leak, call function,static variables, pointer, ram vs harddisk, sorting algorithm,
    Operating system question: process, thread,register,ISR, interupt
    Coding: find out the missing number from 1-100

Interview Questions

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!