Qualcomm Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015
1,199 Interview Reviews

3.1

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

First round was a written one.It consisted of aptitude and technical questions on C and some on OS.It was fine but one should focus on speed to clear it, After that there were 2 technical interviews and an HR round. In the technical rounds focus was on basic concepts of C, OOPS concepts related to C++, questions on bitwise operators, a few programming questions and OS. Few of the questions i was asked were - memory management in a C program, on threads and how they work, various types of sorts and there uses, priority inversion, all OOPS concepts were asked to explain, reader/writer problem using semaphores.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

A recruiter came to my university as part of their campus recruiting program. He asked me to define a couple of macros in C that would perform basic functions, such as converting int to char and reversing a string. He was very straight forward and didn't help much throughout the thought process.

Interview Questions

• Define a macro that will convert a char array (string) to an int array   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave you the salary and did not prompt any negotiation, nor did I attempt to negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

On campus interview, the questions are fairly easy. Qualcomm hiring people who have strong skills on C programming. Be prepared for that.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

One phone interview and then a full day onsite interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

One phone interview. The interviewer is very friendly. Half of the time asking about the projects on my resume. Then ask some basic questions about keyword static, macro, diff between macro and functions, multi threading, IPC.

Intern Interview

Interview

I had several phone interviews with Qualcomm for their embedded firmware engineer positions but failed to score an on-site one mostly because I wasn't very prepared for their technical questions. So make sure you got the basics down before applying. As much as I remember, those interview questions cover lots of C fundamentals such as pointers, function pointers and function calls, as well as other computer science knowledge. Good luck!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

2 phone interviews. One about my resume and some basic questions like difference between stack and heap. The second phone interview is a brain teaser.

Interview Questions

Could not provide part-time offer

Interview

Moderately difficult interview process with 6-7 onsite individual interviews after a phone screen.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It took 5 weeks to get the offer in hand after a verbal offer.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

1 phone interview and 1 round on-site by 7 interviewers

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Very fair and democratic approach to hiring. Interviews skills are based on what team is hiring and their need of the hour.

Interview Questions

• None really. All of them were expected engineering subject questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question