Qualcomm

Updated Jan 26, 2015
1,086 Interview Reviews

3.1

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2015.

I had 2 Phone interviews for NJ R&D internship position. Both of them ask me about my PhD and Master projects, a few questions on my course work and then some technical questions. They also asked me 2 puzzles in the first interview. Each of the interviews last for 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • In how many ways you can go N steps with either 1 or 2 steps at a time!   Answer Question

Software EngineerInterview Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm.

One online test, one technical round and one HR round. The online round covers the basics of OOPs and IQ. 15 questions in IQ, 10 in logic and reasoning and 15 in OOPs. In the Interview process, straight questions are asked but all basics of programming is necessary.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, just basics of OS, algorithms and Compilers   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2015.

I only had one over the phone interview, but we talked for about 20 minutes. The interviewer needed some one who was good with android and told me that they might need node.js work done. The interview also said that even though they were hiring for an android developer, they would have me do a lot of web development.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

I had two phone interviews. Both of them focused on basics of C programming and some Networking concepts. All the questions were easy. The next round was supposed to be on-site interview where they would test your programming skills in C.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm.

First aptitude test then communications and comprehension task including extempo. After that technical round and finally HR round. Technical round lasted for about an hour. HR interview was 15-20 mins long.

Interview Questions
    • HR related questions like "Tell me something about yourself" and then technical questions   Answer Question
    Stay calm and confident.

Engineering Interview

I interviewed for an engineering position. Interview questions were fairly easy, some algorithm questions and some control questions. I never heard back from them after the interview.

Overall, I thought the workplace seemed very dull, and people seemed low energy and not enthusiastic about their job.

Interview Questions
    • I got questions about my past experiences and some algorithm questions.   Answer Question

Staff Test Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Qualcomm.

most of the interview was based on previous work projects experience and fit in team, however I was also asked general concepts of DSP/sampling theory/filter design/technical challenges in previous projects and how they were resolved,

SummerAt Qualcomm Research Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm in March 2014.

I learned about this position from the forwarded email sent from their senior engineer to the professor at my school. The group is working on integrating GPS into vision aided INS on mobile phones.

I send my cv and resume to the engineer directly, and after a few days, the HR scheduled a phone interview for me with the engineer and asked me to registered online.

The phone interview went about 40 mins. Mainly asking about what I've learned from some of the relevant courses. He specifically asked me to explained what I've learned about INS since I was taking INS class during that semester.

The only question that pop up was: How to integrate external information with INS?

The whole process (apply - phone interview - rejected) took about 3 -4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • How to integrate external information with INS?   View Answer

LTE Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm in December 2012.

1 initial phone screening by HR, and then on-site interviews which consist of 4 rounds at the same day. All technical questions. I was in charge of the physical layer of LTE in my former employer, so the questions are mainly about LTE physical layer spec and algorithm. Review your OFDM / MIMO / estimation stuff and some basic specs like transmission modes, fading channel and its estimation.

Interview Questions

I want to do something more interesting.

Audio Signal Processing Interview

Phone Interview, We fixed up a time and date, I interviewed with two people, both asking similar quesitons. They stuck to only one part of my resume, wasn't well versed on the basics of the one project they were interested in. Thus, didn't make it