Qualcomm Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2015
1,110 Interview Reviews

3.1

Software Product Security Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in March 2015.

Technical Phone Interview. I was asked very detailed questions from my resume and how I implemented my projects. Went well and was told by the interviewer itself that he will recommend me for onsite interview. Got another email by the recruiter for second phone interview. I think they thought of taking another round of interview on phone itself. So had another round of phone interview. This position required skills in python and java (as told by the previous interviewer and that's what I knew in programming languages) but the interviewer had set of questions prepared for me in C. I told the interviewer that I might be at very beginner level in understanding C. So he started asking questions from my resume. Also the interviewer told me that he was from another team (not the one in which hiring was taking place) It was very unorganized interview (of course because the interviewer did not even bother to know my skill set and the skills required for job position).

Interview Questions
    • Very detailed questions from projects mentioned in my resume   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2012.

The interview had six round totally. First one was telephonic. After which there was 1 full day of interview. After that there was a follow-up HR Interview. Most of the questions in the technical ground were based on previous project experience. Since they were looking for a candidate who has that experience, most of the questions that I got were based on that.

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2014.

Its of three rounds. Asked very basics about pnr flow.floorplan , placement, power grid , CTS , routing.timing and cross talk.the interview goes on based on our answers. I mean questions follow our answers.we can easily get on interview. Need lot more confident.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warangal (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warangal (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in August 2011.

It was an on campus interview, there was a written test containing 15 questions each of aptitude, programming and electrical engineering. There after followed by three technical rounds and one HR round interview. The whole process took a day.

Interview Questions
    • Describe each layer in OSI model ?
      Question related to CDMA Power.
      Many questions on the academic projects in my resume.
      How do you solve Rubik's cube?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2014.

One HR meeting followed by five technical interviews. All wonderful people. Tech questions mostly consists of low level concepts and algorithms. It's a long process as takes the whole day, try to remain focused and not let your mind slip.

IC Layout Designer Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2014.

The interview process was fairly simple as the company was in a direct need to fill this position. I was asked a few basic questions to make sure I knew what I was talking about and then before the interview was done I was offered the position. at first I turned them down due to the contract being to short but they called back a few days later and offered me a chance to have an extended contract after a second interview. Second interview was a bit tougher but if you know what you are talking about all answers should be strait forward. nothing out of the ordinary as both of them were basically technical in nature.

Interview Questions
    • Describe to me the process that you take when you are given a fresh piece of layout.   View Answer

PCB Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2011.

Was taken over by Qualcomm who needed us to get them into Europe in the design of WCDMA as we had the best team of design engineers in the UK.

Analog Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in February 2015.

I finished my interview with a Phone interview from a manager. I uploaded my resume to a talent pool, got an email immediately. Next day, I had a screen phone call interview. The following day, I was kindly rejected as a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • I was mostly asked about my resume over the phone. The talk was not easy due to dialect and fast paced questions that were asked without specific details. Very hard communications. It seemed like they were in a rush to find someone who can do the job right away. I did not get any other interviews since I felt that they wanted someone that can design the product right away.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2012.

passed the HR screen at school, and phone interview.
    onsite after 2 weeks.
    got an answer from HR 1 week after onsite. All the offering groups actually gave me call to introduce them.

Interview Questions
    • why qualcomm? asked all type of basic questions in networking, wireless comm, probability theory, and brain teaser.
      some other questions about system design.

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in November 2014.

Applied through university and got a call the following week. They set up an interview at the university. I t was a 1:1 interview. The interviewer was very friendly and relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • Asked basic theoretical concepts from C and also simple programming questions   Answer Question