Qualcomm

Average Difficulty
981 candidate interviews

Program Analyst Interview

Program Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – will have the phone interview precreen first then determine on-site interviews. You will have the chance to meet up the people you are going to interact with in the future if you get hired. Very talent team members

Interview Question – how much do you know about Qualcomm and please give some example how you perform your previous job. How did you describe yourself. How do you consider yourself being a great program analyst   Answer Question

Interim Engineering Interview

Interim Engineering
Bridgewater, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied to Qualcomm, USA through the website. I got an interview call about 2 months after the application. Questions were focused on my resume and basic stochastic and probability. I got another interview call, similar set of questions. I was told the work description in San Diego office. Then 2 weeks later i had two interviews lined up with the Bridgewater office for a research intern. All four of my interviews went pretty good. After 2 weeks , I got an offer from the Bridgewater office and i accepted it. The entire process took about 3-4 months.

Interview Question – Suppose i choose two random variables uniformly distributed between [0,1]. What is the probability distribution of the maximum of the two random variables?   Answer Question

Senior IT/Network Engineer Interview

Senior IT/Network Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Qualcomm has a fairly stringent interview process. Should you make it past the initial screen of being chosen from the large pool of applicants, you are then asked for a phone interview. Following this point, there are multiple on-site interviews. My interview started off with the two staff members giving an overview of the company, the actual questions were fairly brief (10-15mins) and then I was asked if I had any questions, for which I went fairly in depth and talked for another 15 mins until their conference room time ended. I felt the interview went great and received a similar feeling from the interviewers, however several days later I received a form letter from recruiting stating they were not moving forward with me as a candidate.

I was a little taken aback by this, as I felt the interview went very well and thought I would get the chance to 'prove myself' further in the in-person panels. Upon emailing the interviewers asking for feedback on what may have went wrong during our phone interview so that I could better myself for further opportunities, I received no response back....which was a little disappointing.

I feel that this is one of those companies where you really do need to know somebody on the inside to get a direct hire, or start off with their internship program, which at this point in my career is not a feasible option.

Interview Question – All of the questions were straight forward and consisted of common networking trivia.   Answer Question

Server Engineer Interview

Server Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – I applied through a job portal. First Round was a Telephonic interview, then there were multiple onsite interview rounds All the rounds concentrated more on to data structures and algorithms. Compilable code was expected. Questions evolved based on the previous answers.

Interview Question – Find the number of occurances of a substring in a string   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Software Engineering
Berkeley, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online to Qualcomm some time in February 2014, and heard back a month later.
I hate two interviews that were a mix of technical and behavioral questions.

The technical questions were centered around C++ or Java. The interviewer was flexible and let me answer based on the language that I preferred. There were some general questions about data structure, heap and stack, and other algorithm based questions.

I found the behavioural questions to be fairly detailed. It included experience working with teams, experience with existing code bases. and debugging methods.

Interview Question – How would you debug a piece of code without access to a debugger or an IDE?   View Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2012.

Interview Details – it was an easy process. But they took a long time to decide. It was lengthy at times....I did not get updates on a regular basis, which was frustrating.it was an easy process. But they took a long time to decide. It was lengthy at times....I did not get updates on a regular basis, which was frustrating.

Interview Question – why are you switching job   View Answer

Negotiation Details – easy

Engineer, Senior Interview

Engineer, Senior
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in August 2012.

Interview Details – It was well planned by HR. However at the time they were on a hiring spree so everything was wrapped up quite fast in my case, interview to offer in 1 month.

There were three onsite interviews in a day in Hyderabad. They were of ascending hardness. At the end was a formal discussion with HR.

Negotiation Details – HR increased my relocation and sign on bonus by 50% upon negotiations.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and got an email from their HR to set up a phone interview. The interviewer was actually the person I will be reporting to if I get an offer. It was a technical round and he asked me C, C++, Linux questions. After few days I was informed that I was selected for the onsite interview. It was an all day process from 10am-5pm.. I had by 4-5 technical rounds and 1 HR round. I received the offer letter after 1 week.

Interview Question – All the questions were the standard ones expected in interview.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Visa issues..

Associate Engineer Interview

Associate Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – A technical test conducted online consisting of IQ, technical and coding based question followed by a technical interview with questions based on resume and past coursework.
Based on that I was given an intern position and we were expected to perform well and an exit interview was conducted by senior HR

Interview Question – What is a signal?   View Answer

SCM Engineer Interview

SCM Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Screening -- Not too technical! for an hour
Onsite interview - The whole day interviews with 6-8 people.
ssssss sssss ssss sss ssssss ssssss sss ssssss sssss sss ssss sssss sssss ssssss ssss sssssss ssssssssss ssss ssss sssssss ssss sssss sss sss ssss

Interview Question – How the revisions of each file will be stored in the backend for different version control systems?   Answer Question

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!