Qualcomm

3.1

VI and DVT Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm in February 2015.

i got a call from the team at the time specified. They asked me questions about my academic projects and about the languages i know. I explained to them about my projects and towards the end i asked them what my role would be. They told me that it was related to testing.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about your academic projects   View Answer
    • which languages are you comfortable with?   View Answer

RF Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2015.

I applied to a talent pool position (meaning that your profile is in the system and once there is an opening, hiring managers your profile in hand). So, I did not hear from them in months. Once there was a position available, they contacted me through e-mail to setup a phone interview with one of the hiring managers. Then after that, we proceeded for a second phone interview with another hiring manager. Both interviews were not too technical and went really well as far as I could tell. Next, I was awaiting for further instructions to move on the the next step (in person interview). To my surprise a week later they contacted me saying that: "while they were impressed with my background and qualifications, they regret that they will not be pursuing employment opportunities with me at the time". I sent an e-mail back asking for feedback (because I was really curious to know what I did wrong or where I could improve) and I never heard back from them. In all honesty, I know how hard it is to get into that company so I was happy to be considered for the position in the first place.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in November 2013.

Two phone interviews: one with my mentor and the other one with a senior engineer in the team.
    I worked with both mostly during my internship. They have asked questions based on my resume, regarding problem definitions, algorithms, future works and so forth. Each interview was for 30-45 min. One right after the other.

Interview Questions
    • They basically went through my resume and told me to explain for the ones matching technical skills and experiences required to perform their project.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiated.

Applications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)
    Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in July 2011.

Pro-Telephone Interview. process took a week. in the phone interview i was asked about my resume and some technical questions. the phone interviews were relatively easy.
    then I was invited to onsite interview with senior managers. I was not able to answer all the questions. the position was more optimization engineer.

Interview Questions
    • Technical interview asked about basic knowledge, all about related communication system and calibration algorithm and they would give you hints or lead you if you have no clue. what could be reasons if result is not as expected. Require basic knowledge about circuit schematic diagram, wireless communication transceiver diagram, noise figure, link budget calculation, sensitivity, testing equipment (e.g. VNA, Spectrum analyzer, etc.)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Phone Interview. I got a mail from the recruiter asking if I was interested in their circuit design intern position. I replied promptly for the same and got 2 phone interviews setup for the same day. The interviews were set 5 hours apart.

Interview Questions
    • What are setup and hold times?
      Write a verilog code for D flip flop.
      Explain your standard cells library project.
      How does threshold voltage, interconnect resistance and capacitance vary wit temperature.

Answer Question

PHY Verification Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Qualcomm.

I had a telephone interview with the PHY verification manager. He was very rude. Called me 12 mins late and never mentioned about it. No sorry nothing. He was in a hurry from the begining. Asked me if I know DSP. That was his first question. I have not mentioned DSP any where in my resume. Then after 10 more mins of conversation he said HR would get back to me. Personally I would not like to work work under such a manager.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2015.

I had 2 Phone interviews for NJ R&D internship position. Both of them ask me about my PhD and Master projects, a few questions on my course work and then some technical questions. They also asked me 2 puzzles in the first interview. Each of the interviews last for 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • In how many ways you can go N steps with either 1 or 2 steps at a time!   Answer Question

Software EngineerInterview Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm.

One online test, one technical round and one HR round. The online round covers the basics of OOPs and IQ. 15 questions in IQ, 10 in logic and reasoning and 15 in OOPs. In the Interview process, straight questions are asked but all basics of programming is necessary.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, just basics of OS, algorithms and Compilers   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2015.

I only had one over the phone interview, but we talked for about 20 minutes. The interviewer needed some one who was good with android and told me that they might need node.js work done. The interview also said that even though they were hiring for an android developer, they would have me do a lot of web development.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

I had two phone interviews. Both of them focused on basics of C programming and some Networking concepts. All the questions were easy. The next round was supposed to be on-site interview where they would test your programming skills in C.