Qualcomm Interview Questions

1,120 Interview Reviews

3.1

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm (Raleigh, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by on-site three weeks later. They were designing their own transaction protocol based on the AMBA AXI/ACE spec. I was fortunate to have studied the same for two months for directed research under a professor. I could tackle AXI questions.

Interview went well. Didn't nail it but not too bad. Got a verbal offer three weeks later, waiting for a written one.

Interview Questions

• What are the channel in AXI and ACE? What is cache coherency?   Answer Question
    • Design a variable size decoder in Verilog.   Answer Question
    • DDR2 initialization engine synthesis issues (from my resume).   Answer Question

Negotiation

I am still waiitng on the written offer, but will not negotiate. The job profile is too good and I am an entry level graduate.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing company which set up the phone interview with the hiring manager. The process took about a month. The phone interview was mostly basic computer architecture questions. It lasted about 40 minutes

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (Bangalore (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through the linkedin and qualcomm website. Got a call within 2 days to discuss briefly about my interest and overall about my resume. Soon the onsite and 2 phone interviews were scheduled by the HR. The onsite interview was more than 1/2 day. Had multiple technical rounds with multiple people.

Interview Questions

• All related to previous work experience and few about related to their applications.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

First interview with HR to talk about job/salary/benefit expectation. Then you will be picked up by the team leader/manager of the position you interview to continue the process. There are usually 3-4 technical interview conducted by the manager, team lead, future teammate. Typical interview questions related to link list, array, binary search tree, and hash table, and followed by coding or debugging of some mathematic problem.

Interview Questions

• 1. Write a code on the white board and ask you what this function is trying to achieve. In my case, it is a function to reverse an array.

2. Give you a print out source code segment and ask you to find the errors in the code. Such as missing error handle, pointer, and memory leak.

Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted to a centralized post, which include many possible positions .Got HR reply after 1 month. She send me the position requirement in the email and also let me know will have a phone interview in 3-5 days. First is phone interview. Then following by panel interview. The last is HR interview.

I/O Circuit Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. It took two weeks for the phone interview and another two weeks for the onsite in San Diego. Onsite had total 6 people, 1st was hr then 5 engineers 1:1.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about driver design, cmos circuit design and transmission line theory.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I got a phone interview from a Technical Engineer. He asked me the question all about resume and ADC testing and PLL testing. I thinked I answered all of them correctly. But I did not get the on-site interview. I can not understand how do they select people. I think I missed a good opportunity. I hope I do have best luck at job seeking.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Interview took place on site as I was local. I met with a total of five individuals from the team I was being considered for including the hiring manager. The interview with the hiring manager was more of a conversation and took place over a lunch. The other interviewers asked very technical questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had applied online for various positions and then I received an email to schedule for a phone interview. Phone interview was for about an hour with the questions targeted on my projects in my resume, Real Time Systems, OS, Embedded Systems, Bit Manipulation and Algorithms. They were all straightforward questions and was easy to answer. In next 4 days, I got a positive feedback and they scheduled an onsite interview in the next 10 days.

On the Onsite interview day, I had 6 1:1 interviews, each for 45 minutes duration except the lunch interview was for 1hr. One of these rounds were HR, which was basic HR questions and straightforward. Among the 5 technical interviews, the common questions asked were on Deadlocks, Semaphores, Mutex Locks, Data Structures, Embedded Systems, few puzzles based on cracking the coding interview book.

Questions asked:
    I was asked to write codes for Linkedlist, transpose of a matrix, etc.
    What are Deadlocks? How do you avoid it?
    What is Priority Inversion? How to avoid it?
    Questions on Structures, Unions.
    Volatile keyword
    Basic questions on WCDMA, GSM

Interview Questions

• Find the least number of coins required that can make any change from 1 to 99 cents   Answer Question

RF Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was almost all about the resume, so prepare it carefully.
    The onsite took 6 rounds, 1 with HR, 5 with technical stuff. The people are really nice, so don't be nervous. It took me 6 hours from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between c and c++?
      key word virtuall