Qualcomm Interview Questions

1,156 Interview Reviews

3.1

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Approached through staffing agency. Scheduled phone interview within a week. Initial technical phone screening. Then scheduled for 4-5 rounds of 1:1 interview. Interviewer were all team members with experience of 4-5 years.

Interview Questions

• All related to job experience. Coding questions. technology specific questions. Asked about academic projects, internship experience on resume.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm (Chennai (India)) in October 2012.

Interview

very intense, lot of coding and dessign questions, wifi related , embedded concepts , c programming, there will be 5 rounds minimum , interview can take a whole day , will be better if you had electronics background as it is a semiconductor company , HR process is also very easy and you will be talking to your manager and director as well before getting hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

cannot reveal much

Director of Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process started off with a half hour phone call screening from the hiring manager. The manager started by giving a brief description of the job and it's responsibilities and then proceeded by asking a specific lists of questions. Most of the questions were related to my past work experience and also why I am leaving my current position. After the phone interview, I was invited to a one-on-one on-site interview with the hiring manager. The on-site interview was divided into two parts. The first part was on product marketing skills and the second on technical skills. I did well on the product marketing skills secion as the questions were in line with my current and past working experience. I only performed average on the technical questions as they were in an area where I have little work experience in and he never asked questions in areas where I have a lot of experience in. To be fair, the job required technical expertise in both areas but unfortunately his interviews focused on the area where I did not have much experience in. Oveall, it was a good experience as I was also able to learn from the interview about my weak areas.

Interview Questions

• Asked about past job experiences, why I want to leave my current position, and some technical questions.   Answer Question

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (Raleigh, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

I had applied online. The HR scheduled the interview. 1 phone screen for an hour with technical and resume based questions. after 5 days I got onsite interview invitation. 2 technical rounds and lunch with team members and finally a panel interview with 3 team leads. They were shooting questions but they were very friendly. I received a verbal offer 2 days after and was told to wait for 2 weeks for offer letter and after 3 weeks the HR says she doesn't know how long it takes to approve the offer. I am very disappointed. I don't if I have to have hopes still or forget this offer. As they gave a verbal offer I stopped applying for other jobs and was waiting for the joining date. I don't have any other offer in hand and I am shattered. I am very disappointed by the hiring process of a giant company like Qualcomm.

DSP Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)) in July 2012.

Interview

1 Hr technical phone interview (CV screening + basic technical question), half a day onsite interview, 4 rounds 1vs1 (45mins) with each team lead + department manager.

Phone interview lasted about one hour with DSP algorithms and drivers lead, focused on fixed point math, Q format for fixed point representation, general telecommunications questions.

After that, I was invited onsite for the interview. It lasted nearly half a day, with 4 different rounds with each team lead (FW, algorithms, systems) and with the department manager. Started with a presentation of the work at my previous company, touched telecommunications aspects focusing on equalization and GSM standard techniques, basic C knowledge, equalization algorithms comparison.

Interview Questions

• Digital modulations, GMSK;
      GSM standard
      FIR filtering in C
      Equalization techniques

Answer Question

Mixed Signal Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (Tempe, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied for a temporary position, had 2 phone interviews with managers- First one included a 30 minute round on my resume which and about the use of lab equipment. Second interview was a bit relaxed. The manager asked me analog circuit basics and asked some HR questions.

Interview Questions

• Perl Basics, Statistics, Analog Basics, RC circuits   1 Answer

Negotiation

Din;t negotiate

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm (Raleigh, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Was very straight forward. easy rounds. Static Timing Analysis, Timing Closure. Synthesis, Clock Tree Synthesis, Floor planning, Place and Route, RTL and netlist synthesis. Questions based on projects, PERL, Clock Tree Distribution, Power and Ground area, Die area

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Applied online. Waited about 2 weeks to get an interview letter. Telephone interviews were carried on in 2 rounds with different specialists. The second round schedule kept changing in about a week. Asked several academical questions related to the position. Waited about another month informed me the onsite interview and negotiation.

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview. I was called on the phone. My background was discussed. Then, we discussed System Verilog constructs and Assertions. We also discussed random constraints in System Verilog.
    Then, I was told that they would get back to me. I got a call from the Staffing firm to tell me that I was selected.

Interview Questions

• System Verilog Assertions.   1 Answer

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

interview process is quick and really good and got response very quickly and very happy and got selected in the interview and good enough.