Qualcomm

Updated Feb 27, 2015
1,093 Interview Reviews

3.1

Hardware Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Two interviews each about 45 minutes. The first one was some questions about my past experience and from my resume. Asked some basic signal processing questions. The second interview was more technical. Mostly on OFDM systems, equalization, DSP algorithms, receivers non-linearities and some basic probability questions.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm.

They asked me to go over my resume and asked a few questions about projects I've worked on. No skill testing or tough questions. Very casual, as I only met with each person for 20 minutes so not much other than resume questions.

The position was filled internally, which apparently happens all the time here. The only way u can get a job at qualcomm is if you already work there (nepotism is also a popular way to get a job here). Total waste of time, especially as it was an all day interview even though they knew they were going internal the whole time.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your resume, why are you interested in this position   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Had a phone interview with one of the Software Engineer. After one and half month, I received an email from the HR to schedule for an onsite interview. I was really surprised when I didn't had any hope.

• Round 0: HR asked few questions (generic) about my interests. Also, she told me about the interview process.

• Round 1:
        Intersection of two sorted arrays.

• Round 2:
        ○ Count the number of 1s in an unsigned integer.
        ○ In Place matrix transpose

• Round 3:
        ○ How does main(), functions stored in memory?
        ○ Identifying successful copying from source to target array when target may have some overlapping elements.
        ○ What happens when a packet is lost in TCP

• Round 4:
        ○ Diversity techniques? Why it's needed? What happens in multi-path?
        ○ Inter-Symbol Interference analysis in frequency domain
        ○ C Questions:
            § Static int a=5;
            § int a=5; what is the difference between two? Where do two stored?

• Round 5:
        ○ What happens when a low priority task holding a lock is preempted by a high priority task?
        ○ Some more questions which I don’t remember now!

Interview Questions
    • Some of the questions were unclear, which showed me that they were not at all interested in conducting proper interview.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interviewer was late and unorganized. Unable to understand what the interviewer was saying and asked questions on languages I'm unfamiliar with. Not a good interview overall. Interviewer didn't know who I was initially and called me late. I had to contact the recruiter.

Software Engineer Interview

Phone interviews. Interviewer was difficult to understand and seemed unfamiliar with some of the common software used in his specialization. The location and start date were impossible for me and we realized that in the first few minutes of the interview. I found the whole interview to be technically easy but was thrown off by the unprepared nature of the interviewer.

Software Engineering Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2014.

Applied online. Get an email from HR that scheduled me with interviews with two people from the same team. The interviewers are all indians. I felt a little bit hard to understand them very well. They are very patient. Qustions asked: compilers, computer architecture, java virtual machine, web browser, two simple programming questions concerning the operation on linked list and array. The interviewer and the HR are very nice! Good company!

Interview Questions
    • questions in computer architecture. It has been some time after I learned the CA. I was not very familiar with questions such as vectorization, instruction scheduling.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Internship Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in December 2014.

I was contacted by HR to schedule a phone interview. The interview lasted aproximately an hour. I was interviewed by a member of the group in charge of the internship opportunity. After the interview, i did not hear back from them. Overall it was a great learning experience. The interview was mostly about theorical concepts, with almost no behavioral questions. Questions were mostly about analog design and c++. In particular DACs and ADCs.

Interview Questions
    • Describe what a DAC is and how does it work. What is a photodiode? What is the concept of inheritance in c++? What are the differences between private and public? Design a program that will find repeated numbers in a sequence in c. what is a filter? what is impedence?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

One phone interview, first half was technical but no coding. One high level design question related to my expertise and the particular position I was seeking, one OOP question.

Second half was behavioral/non-technical. The interviewer asked me about something on my resume too, and requested that I elaborate on what I did for a particular item he was interested in and what my responsibilities were.

Overall very easy interview.

Design Verification Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Applied online on the job portal, Got a phone interview for the position of design verification engineer in Qualcomm QCT, Santa Clara. After phone interview was called upon for onsite interview which had 4-5 rounds. People who took interview were very detailed oriented and were looking for specific implementation details

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty basic and were related to fundamentals of logic design and verification.   Answer Question

Interim Engineering Interview

Contacted by HR, and scheduled for 2 phone interviews. After the 2nd interview, I was told there would be a third phone interview which was not originally scheduled. One or two days before the third round of phone interview process, I received an email that the team decided to give me an offer. After 2-3 weeks, I received an offer letter from HR.