Qualcomm Interview Questions

1,200 Interview Reviews

3.1

Mixed Signal Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Tempe, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied for a temporary position, had 2 phone interviews with managers- First one included a 30 minute round on my resume which and about the use of lab equipment. Second interview was a bit relaxed. The manager asked me analog circuit basics and asked some HR questions.

Interview Questions

• Perl Basics, Statistics, Analog Basics, RC circuits   2 Answers

Negotiation

Din;t negotiate

CPU Verification Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Raleigh, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and got email to set up a phone interview after 1 month, interview was pretty simple and basic questions about computer architecture like what is a pipeline, what are hazards in the pipeline and stages in the pipeline. How to test 32 bit adder using assembly language. Waiting for the response.

Interview Questions

• cpu hazard? pipeline? stages of pipeline? how to test 32 bit adder?   Answer Question

Senior WLAN Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by email to schedule a phone interview which lasted 45 mins. The interviewer asked me a lot of technical questions related to networking, WLAN, Software development. I was contacted after 2 weeks saying my software development skill were not adequate for the position.

IT Security Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm in May 2015.

Interview

Very weird process. A month after submitting my application, out of the blue I get an email from someone telling me that I needed to be ready for an interview anytime within the next 3-5 days. I respond asking if they can narrow down the window. I got no reply and no call. A month later out of the blue I get an appointment request from someone at Qualcomm for a specific time/date. No checking availability, no conversation. Just the appointment. The call lasted 30 minutes, I think it went well. He said that they would be in touch on next steps. That was May 5th. Absolutely nothing since. Not even a thanks but no thanks letter. One of the rudest, least friendly processes I've ever encountered.

Cpu Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing company which set up the phone interview with the hiring manager. The process took about a month. The phone interview was mostly basic computer architecture questions. It lasted about 40 minutes

Product Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I got a phone interview from a Technical Engineer. He asked me the question all about resume and ADC testing and PLL testing. I thinked I answered all of them correctly. But I did not get the on-site interview. I can not understand how do they select people. I think I missed a good opportunity. I hope I do have best luck at job seeking.

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted to a centralized post, which include many possible positions .Got HR reply after 1 month. She send me the position requirement in the email and also let me know will have a phone interview in 3-5 days. First is phone interview. Then following by panel interview. The last is HR interview.

JIT Compiler Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

It was phone interview.I applied through staffing agency.They asked about my projects.Asked about all my projects.Their main focus area was computer architecture and compiler and then started with programming questions.Question were mainly related to C and C++.Linked list,data structures were asked.Few programs were also asked.Aptitude question were mainly train related problems about speed and distance.Overall it was good experience.

Interview Questions

• Basics about C,C++.Few aptitude questions,Liniked list   Answer Question

I/O Circuit Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. It took two weeks for the phone interview and another two weeks for the onsite in San Diego. Onsite had total 6 people, 1st was hr then 5 engineers 1:1.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about driver design, cmos circuit design and transmission line theory.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer, Wireless Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

In general, it had little human touch. I arrived in San Diego Sunday eve. Drove the rental to the first building. There was no escort the entire process. The receptionist directed me and another to the top floor. The HR guy was fine. I was then told to catch a shuttle to another building, and find a somewhat hidden entrance. The like continues thru the day. The "interviews" consisted of me going into one office after the next, shut door, me at the whiteboard answering technical questions. I felt I answered about 75% correctly, giving myself a B on that stuff'; not stellar, but fine. Five offices, all day, about like a qualifying exam. No one discussed personal goals, shared personal stuff about themselves, or asked me about my trip, if I found everything fine, etc.

Interview Questions

• Several questions on statistics, signal processing, communications. Mostly fundamental knowledge, not specific to any standard. Example... need to build a Gaussian random number generator, but the chip only supports uniform distribution. How do I solve this?   2 Answers