Qualcomm

Getting the Interview

802 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mobile Software Tester Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – It was 35 mins interview. Asked about the resume , and then some technical question

Interview Question – asked about the wireless and voip protocol questions.   Answer Question

Hardware Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – On campus interview

Interview Question – verification design, given a structure to say what should be test and how to find the bugs   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Recruiting came to my school and I handed in my resume at an infosession. Was selected for an on-campus interview. The questions were fairly straightforward, nothing unexpected. This a few years ago so I don't remember all of the questions. The only question I remember was how to reverse a linked list. There was also a bit manipulation question.

Interview Question – Reverse a linked list   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – 7 interviews with people from all levels
3 departments
Question level from informal chit-chat to very in depth technical

Interview Question – some questions were out of expertise area.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Neutral

Staff Verification Engineer Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through the Qualcomm Career section in Sept and did not get any communication for more than 2 months. Out of the blue got a call from HR wanting to schedule a Phone Screen, and within a couple of day I was Phone screened. Phone screen was really stimulating, lots of questions regarding ASIC verification, Memory Management, Cache Coherency and FPGA based emulation, Palladium/Veloce emulation flow and using emulation for Simulation Acceleration. It was a nice 2 way discussion which made it real fun, lasted about 45 minutes. Told next day, they wanted to setup an onsite, but since it was around X'mas, we were not able to schedule the interview till early Jan. The team was very flexible in terms of interviewing as I fell sick and had a planned vacation, due to which I wasnt able to interview till mid-Feb.

The Onsite was short in duration but concentrated in content. Welcomed by my manager and was taken to a conference room, where I had 2 1 hour group interviews with 4 people each. 1st hour was related to my resume and emulation experience more relevant to my role and the 2nd hour was general ASIC verification questions with a team of 4 sr Staff level engineers. Got an offer a week later, but due to a relocation, working out the logistics took almost another month before I could join. Very slow process overall. There were 2 stages of reference checks, first after the phone screen and 2nd after the onsite, before the offer was made. There was no HR or personality interview, only technical interviews.

Interview Question – Questions regarding STA mode and Transactor based Simulation Acceleration:
How would you implement a transactor? Use SystemC or System Verilog and why? How will you communicate between the DUT and the transactor testbench? Explain the PCIe speedbridge interface and how would you debug it?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A couple of rounds of negotiation and I was able to get the desired package, though, there was some flexibility in terms of the benefits.

Senior Digital Design Engineer Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online then contacted by email for phone interview. During call interviewer was very arrogant with poor english but good technical skills. I confused because of his speaking and mess up with very basic techical questions. At the end he asked if I have questions and after I asked he refused to answer (my questions was not related to confidential information). Advice to hiring managers - please choose nice people as an interviewer, this is first impression about your company. I am not going to personally apply for any more positions or to suggest somebody else.

Interview Question – Modify full precission adder to half precision.   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview Details – Telephone, but not info u get on phone. Whole day interview

Interview Question – Not many   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Bad.. not much negotiation

Summer Intern Interview

Interviewed at Qualcomm

Interview Details – 3 phone interviews. question was about OFDM system in general such as adv/disadv, design FFT/IFFT size, channel fading and channel estimation of OFDM ...

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Embedded Software Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in August 2013.

Interview Details – After the telephonic interview, I was asked for an on-site interview. The on-site interview had 7 back to back interviews. All the interviews are in different building locations and that was the biggest challenge. Some interviewers were late or were missing from their offices, so the interviews time had to be extended. I had no breather in-between those interviews as I had to literally run to catch up the other interviews on time. Overall a very bad experience.

Interview Question – Find a software bug from a code snippet. The code had something to do with malloc and calloc.   Answer Question

Web Software Engineer Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – My first interview was a technical phone screen for 30 mins with overall questions on my resume. After that I was selected for onsite in SD and had a whole day 5 hrs interview with all team members on 1:1 basis.
I had pretty good interview but unfortunately the main person who supposed to be a decision maker and boss of all the team members was missing in interview panel. I didnt got the offer and asked the HR for reason for not getting selected and her response was you did good but we dont have policy to share the interview feedback. I am still not able to find the reason of not having an offer.

Interview Question – All the questions were relevant to my technical skill set.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Qualcomm