Qualcomm Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2015
1,137 Interview Reviews

3.1

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in March 2015.

Interview

Technical Phone Interview. I was asked very detailed questions from my resume and how I implemented my projects. Went well and was told by the interviewer itself that he will recommend me for onsite interview. Got another email by the recruiter for second phone interview. I think they thought of taking another round of interview on phone itself. So had another round of phone interview. This position required skills in python and java (as told by the previous interviewer and that's what I knew in programming languages) but the interviewer had set of questions prepared for me in C. I told the interviewer that I might be at very beginner level in understanding C. So he started asking questions from my resume. Also the interviewer told me that he was from another team (not the one in which hiring was taking place) It was very unorganized interview (of course because the interviewer did not even bother to know my skill set and the skills required for job position).

Interview Questions

• Very detailed questions from projects mentioned in my resume   Answer Question

RF Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was almost all about the resume, so prepare it carefully.
    The onsite took 6 rounds, 1 with HR, 5 with technical stuff. The people are really nice, so don't be nervous. It took me 6 hours from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between c and c++?
      key word virtuall

Answer Question

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm (Raleigh, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by on-site three weeks later. They were designing their own transaction protocol based on the AMBA AXI/ACE spec. I was fortunate to have studied the same for two months for directed research under a professor. I could tackle AXI questions. Interview went well. Didn't nail it but not too bad. Got a verbal offer three weeks later. Got the formal letter 1.5 weeks after the verbal.

Few details:
    1. Had interview with three panels consisting of 2-4 members each.
    2. Questions on bus architecture, synthesis, protocols, verilog, and certain design problems.
    3. 1 major design question by each panes, takes 15-20 mins to solve; related to logic design--flip-slops, decoders, etc.

Interview Questions

• What are the channel in AXI and ACE? What is cache coherency?   Answer Question
    • Design a variable size decoder in Verilog.   Answer Question
    • DDR2 initialization engine synthesis issues (from my resume).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate, but they denied my request suggesting they have standard packages for New Graduates. However, the pay is higher than the industry standard so not a big issue.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

relatively trivial. Some are tough some are easy. People don't speak good English. Some are not very patient with you. A day long interview but not super rough.

A lot of c , assembly questions. Link list , string manipulation, bit mask. Some conceptual questions and processor. They did not ask me LTE standard

Interview Questions

• Parse an continuous memory into a byte array using a word pointer with some area are not readable   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I had a telephone interview with the PHY verification manager. He was very rude. Called me 12 mins late and never mentioned about it. No sorry nothing. He was in a hurry from the begining. Asked me if I know DSP. That was his first question. I have not mentioned DSP any where in my resume. Then after 10 more mins of conversation he said HR would get back to me. Personally I would not like to work work under such a manager.

VI and DVT Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

i got a call from the team at the time specified. They asked me questions about my academic projects and about the languages i know. I explained to them about my projects and towards the end i asked them what my role would be. They told me that it was related to testing.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your academic projects   1 Answer
    • which languages are you comfortable with?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had applied online for various positions and then I received an email to schedule for a phone interview. Phone interview was for about an hour with the questions targeted on my projects in my resume, Real Time Systems, OS, Embedded Systems, Bit Manipulation and Algorithms. They were all straightforward questions and was easy to answer. In next 4 days, I got a positive feedback and they scheduled an onsite interview in the next 10 days.

On the Onsite interview day, I had 6 1:1 interviews, each for 45 minutes duration except the lunch interview was for 1hr. One of these rounds were HR, which was basic HR questions and straightforward. Among the 5 technical interviews, the common questions asked were on Deadlocks, Semaphores, Mutex Locks, Data Structures, Embedded Systems, few puzzles based on cracking the coding interview book.

Questions asked:
    I was asked to write codes for Linkedlist, transpose of a matrix, etc.
    What are Deadlocks? How do you avoid it?
    What is Priority Inversion? How to avoid it?
    Questions on Structures, Unions.
    Volatile keyword
    Basic questions on WCDMA, GSM

Interview Questions

• Find the least number of coins required that can make any change from 1 to 99 cents   Answer Question

RFIC Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Give a talk about the research that I have done. Then several engineers ask questions about the research work and some basic questions on RFIC design. Even I don't know how to answer some of the questions, the interviewers will give some hints and guide me to answer them correctly.

Interview Questions

• Do the matching of LNA on the Smith Chart.   1 Answer

Analog Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I finished my interview with a Phone interview from a manager. I uploaded my resume to a talent pool, got an email immediately. Next day, I had a screen phone call interview. The following day, I was kindly rejected as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• I was mostly asked about my resume over the phone. The talk was not easy due to dialect and fast paced questions that were asked without specific details. Very hard communications. It seemed like they were in a rush to find someone who can do the job right away. I did not get any other interviews since I felt that they wanted someone that can design the product right away.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2015.

Interview

I had 2 Phone interviews for NJ R&D internship position. Both of them ask me about my PhD and Master projects, a few questions on my course work and then some technical questions. They also asked me 2 puzzles in the first interview. Each of the interviews last for 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• In how many ways you can go N steps with either 1 or 2 steps at a time!   Answer Question