Qualcomm Interview Questions

1,156 Interview Reviews

3.1

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted to a centralized post, which include many possible positions .Got HR reply after 1 month. She send me the position requirement in the email and also let me know will have a phone interview in 3-5 days. First is phone interview. Then following by panel interview. The last is HR interview.

I/O Circuit Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. It took two weeks for the phone interview and another two weeks for the onsite in San Diego. Onsite had total 6 people, 1st was hr then 5 engineers 1:1.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about driver design, cmos circuit design and transmission line theory.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

In general, it had little human touch. I arrived in San Diego Sunday eve. Drove the rental to the first building. There was no escort the entire process. The receptionist directed me and another to the top floor. The HR guy was fine. I was then told to catch a shuttle to another building, and find a somewhat hidden entrance. The like continues thru the day. The "interviews" consisted of me going into one office after the next, shut door, me at the whiteboard answering technical questions. I felt I answered about 75% correctly, giving myself a B on that stuff'; not stellar, but fine. Five offices, all day, about like a qualifying exam. No one discussed personal goals, shared personal stuff about themselves, or asked me about my trip, if I found everything fine, etc.

Interview Questions

• Several questions on statistics, signal processing, communications. Mostly fundamental knowledge, not specific to any standard. Example... need to build a Gaussian random number generator, but the chip only supports uniform distribution. How do I solve this?   2 Answers

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I was looking for a summer internship and I had three phone interviews. I had the interview opportunity from employee referral. They ask mostly technical problems relating my research background

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

relatively trivial. Some are tough some are easy. People don't speak good English. Some are not very patient with you. A day long interview but not super rough.

A lot of c , assembly questions. Link list , string manipulation, bit mask. Some conceptual questions and processor. They did not ask me LTE standard

Interview Questions

• Parse an continuous memory into a byte array using a word pointer with some area are not readable   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview. The person I spoke to was very friendly and helped me get to few of the answers for the questions he asked. The questions were mostly general telecommunications questions and a couple operating systems questions.

The second interview was on-site. The process took nearly the entire day beginning at 9 in the morning and ending around 4 in the afternoon. I met with the head of HR then moved to a different building to meet with one of the engineers. After this was the lunch interview with the head of the QA department. After that I met with another engineer who tested my problem solving abilities. The last interview was with a software engineer who tested my knowledge of various languages.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Phone Interview. I got a mail from the recruiter asking if I was interested in their circuit design intern position. I replied promptly for the same and got 2 phone interviews setup for the same day. The interviews were set 5 hours apart.

Interview Questions

• What are setup and hold times?
      Write a verilog code for D flip flop.
      Explain your standard cells library project.
      How does threshold voltage, interconnect resistance and capacitance vary wit temperature.

Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in March 2015.

Interview

Technical Phone Interview. I was asked very detailed questions from my resume and how I implemented my projects. Went well and was told by the interviewer itself that he will recommend me for onsite interview. Got another email by the recruiter for second phone interview. I think they thought of taking another round of interview on phone itself. So had another round of phone interview. This position required skills in python and java (as told by the previous interviewer and that's what I knew in programming languages) but the interviewer had set of questions prepared for me in C. I told the interviewer that I might be at very beginner level in understanding C. So he started asking questions from my resume. Also the interviewer told me that he was from another team (not the one in which hiring was taking place) It was very unorganized interview (of course because the interviewer did not even bother to know my skill set and the skills required for job position).

Interview Questions

• Very detailed questions from projects mentioned in my resume   Answer Question

RF Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was almost all about the resume, so prepare it carefully.
    The onsite took 6 rounds, 1 with HR, 5 with technical stuff. The people are really nice, so don't be nervous. It took me 6 hours from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between c and c++?
      key word virtuall

Answer Question

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm (Raleigh, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by on-site three weeks later. They were designing their own transaction protocol based on the AMBA AXI/ACE spec. I was fortunate to have studied the same for two months for directed research under a professor. I could tackle AXI questions. Interview went well. Didn't nail it but not too bad. Got a verbal offer three weeks later. Got the formal letter 1.5 weeks after the verbal.

Few details:
    1. Had interview with three panels consisting of 2-4 members each.
    2. Questions on bus architecture, synthesis, protocols, verilog, and certain design problems.
    3. 1 major design question by each panes, takes 15-20 mins to solve; related to logic design--flip-slops, decoders, etc.

Interview Questions

• What are the channel in AXI and ACE? What is cache coherency?   Answer Question
    • Design a variable size decoder in Verilog.   1 Answer
    • DDR2 initialization engine synthesis issues (from my resume).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate, but they denied my request suggesting they have standard packages for New Graduates. However, the pay is higher than the industry standard so not a big issue.