Qualcomm Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015
1,120 Interview Reviews

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Phone Interview. I got a mail from the recruiter asking if I was interested in their circuit design intern position. I replied promptly for the same and got 2 phone interviews setup for the same day. The interviews were set 5 hours apart.

Interview Questions

• What are setup and hold times?
      Write a verilog code for D flip flop.
      Explain your standard cells library project.
      How does threshold voltage, interconnect resistance and capacitance vary wit temperature.

Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I had a telephone interview with the PHY verification manager. He was very rude. Called me 12 mins late and never mentioned about it. No sorry nothing. He was in a hurry from the begining. Asked me if I know DSP. That was his first question. I have not mentioned DSP any where in my resume. Then after 10 more mins of conversation he said HR would get back to me. Personally I would not like to work work under such a manager.

VI and DVT Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

i got a call from the team at the time specified. They asked me questions about my academic projects and about the languages i know. I explained to them about my projects and towards the end i asked them what my role would be. They told me that it was related to testing.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your academic projects   1 Answer
    • which languages are you comfortable with?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had applied online for various positions and then I received an email to schedule for a phone interview. Phone interview was for about an hour with the questions targeted on my projects in my resume, Real Time Systems, OS, Embedded Systems, Bit Manipulation and Algorithms. They were all straightforward questions and was easy to answer. In next 4 days, I got a positive feedback and they scheduled an onsite interview in the next 10 days.

On the Onsite interview day, I had 6 1:1 interviews, each for 45 minutes duration except the lunch interview was for 1hr. One of these rounds were HR, which was basic HR questions and straightforward. Among the 5 technical interviews, the common questions asked were on Deadlocks, Semaphores, Mutex Locks, Data Structures, Embedded Systems, few puzzles based on cracking the coding interview book.

Questions asked:
    I was asked to write codes for Linkedlist, transpose of a matrix, etc.
    What are Deadlocks? How do you avoid it?
    What is Priority Inversion? How to avoid it?
    Questions on Structures, Unions.
    Volatile keyword
    Basic questions on WCDMA, GSM

Interview Questions

• Find the least number of coins required that can make any change from 1 to 99 cents   Answer Question

RFIC Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Give a talk about the research that I have done. Then several engineers ask questions about the research work and some basic questions on RFIC design. Even I don't know how to answer some of the questions, the interviewers will give some hints and guide me to answer them correctly.

Interview Questions

• Do the matching of LNA on the Smith Chart.   1 Answer

Analog Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I finished my interview with a Phone interview from a manager. I uploaded my resume to a talent pool, got an email immediately. Next day, I had a screen phone call interview. The following day, I was kindly rejected as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• I was mostly asked about my resume over the phone. The talk was not easy due to dialect and fast paced questions that were asked without specific details. Very hard communications. It seemed like they were in a rush to find someone who can do the job right away. I did not get any other interviews since I felt that they wanted someone that can design the product right away.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2015.

Interview

I had 2 Phone interviews for NJ R&D internship position. Both of them ask me about my PhD and Master projects, a few questions on my course work and then some technical questions. They also asked me 2 puzzles in the first interview. Each of the interviews last for 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• In how many ways you can go N steps with either 1 or 2 steps at a time!   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Interview

I interviewed for an engineering position. Interview questions were fairly easy, some algorithm questions and some control questions. I never heard back from them after the interview.

Overall, I thought the workplace seemed very dull, and people seemed low energy and not enthusiastic about their job.

Interview Questions

• I got questions about my past experiences and some algorithm questions.   Answer Question

Staff Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

most of the interview was based on previous work projects experience and fit in team, however I was also asked general concepts of DSP/sampling theory/filter design/technical challenges in previous projects and how they were resolved,

Interview Questions

Interview

Phone Interview, We fixed up a time and date, I interviewed with two people, both asking similar quesitons. They stuck to only one part of my resume, wasn't well versed on the basics of the one project they were interested in. Thus, didn't make it