Qualcomm Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015
1,168 Interview Reviews

3.1

Interview

Phone Interview, We fixed up a time and date, I interviewed with two people, both asking similar quesitons. They stuck to only one part of my resume, wasn't well versed on the basics of the one project they were interested in. Thus, didn't make it

RF Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied to a talent pool position (meaning that your profile is in the system and once there is an opening, hiring managers your profile in hand). So, I did not hear from them in months. Once there was a position available, they contacted me through e-mail to setup a phone interview with one of the hiring managers. Then after that, we proceeded for a second phone interview with another hiring manager. Both interviews were not too technical and went really well as far as I could tell. Next, I was awaiting for further instructions to move on the the next step (in person interview). To my surprise a week later they contacted me saying that: "while they were impressed with my background and qualifications, they regret that they will not be pursuing employment opportunities with me at the time". I sent an e-mail back asking for feedback (because I was really curious to know what I did wrong or where I could improve) and I never heard back from them. In all honesty, I know how hard it is to get into that company so I was happy to be considered for the position in the first place.

Android Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2015.

Interview

I only had one over the phone interview, but we talked for about 20 minutes. The interviewer needed some one who was good with android and told me that they might need node.js work done. The interview also said that even though they were hiring for an android developer, they would have me do a lot of web development.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite node.js module?   1 Answer

Hardware Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Two interviews each about 45 minutes. The first one was some questions about my past experience and from my resume. Asked some basic signal processing questions. The second interview was more technical. Mostly on OFDM systems, equalization, DSP algorithms, receivers non-linearities and some basic probability questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

They asked me to go over my resume and asked a few questions about projects I've worked on. No skill testing or tough questions. Very casual, as I only met with each person for 20 minutes so not much other than resume questions. The position was filled internally, which apparently happens all the time here. The only way u can get a job at qualcomm is if you already work there (nepotism is also a popular way to get a job here). Total waste of time, especially as it was an all day interview even though they knew they were going internal the whole time.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, why are you interested in this position   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Had a phone interview with one of the Software Engineer. After one and half month, I received an email from the HR to schedule for an onsite interview. I was really surprised when I didn't had any hope. • Round 0: HR asked few questions (generic) about my interests. Also, she told me about the interview process. • Round 1: Intersection of two sorted arrays. • Round 2: ○ Count the number of 1s in an unsigned integer. ○ In Place matrix transpose • Round 3: ○ How does main(), functions stored in memory? ○ Identifying successful copying from source to target array when target may have some overlapping elements. ○ What happens when a packet is lost in TCP • Round 4: ○ Diversity techniques? Why it's needed? What happens in multi-path? ○ Inter-Symbol Interference analysis in frequency domain ○ C Questions: § Static int a=5; § int a=5; what is the difference between two? Where do two stored? • Round 5: ○ What happens when a low priority task holding a lock is preempted by a high priority task? ○ Some more questions which I don’t remember now!

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions were unclear, which showed me that they were not at all interested in conducting proper interview.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Interviewer was late and unorganized. Unable to understand what the interviewer was saying and asked questions on languages I'm unfamiliar with. Not a good interview overall. Interviewer didn't know who I was initially and called me late. I had to contact the recruiter.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interviews. Interviewer was difficult to understand and seemed unfamiliar with some of the common software used in his specialization. The location and start date were impossible for me and we realized that in the first few minutes of the interview. I found the whole interview to be technically easy but was thrown off by the unprepared nature of the interviewer.

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Get an email from HR that scheduled me with interviews with two people from the same team. The interviewers are all indians. I felt a little bit hard to understand them very well. They are very patient. Qustions asked: compilers, computer architecture, java virtual machine, web browser, two simple programming questions concerning the operation on linked list and array. The interviewer and the HR are very nice! Good company!

Interview Questions

• questions in computer architecture. It has been some time after I learned the CA. I was not very familiar with questions such as vectorization, instruction scheduling.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in December 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by HR to schedule a phone interview. The interview lasted aproximately an hour. I was interviewed by a member of the group in charge of the internship opportunity. After the interview, i did not hear back from them. Overall it was a great learning experience. The interview was mostly about theorical concepts, with almost no behavioral questions. Questions were mostly about analog design and c++. In particular DACs and ADCs.

Interview Questions

• Describe what a DAC is and how does it work. What is a photodiode? What is the concept of inheritance in c++? What are the differences between private and public? Design a program that will find repeated numbers in a sequence in c. what is a filter? what is impedence?   Answer Question