Qualcomm

982 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

College Graduate Software Engineer Interview

College Graduate Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Recruiter contacted me after about 3 months. Initial phone screen and onsite interview thereafter. Phone interview was scheduled for about an hour. Few behavioral questions, few about work experience and technologies familiar with. Questions usually based on the projects you did. Most questions on algorithms, code efficiency and data structures. I messed up a little with algo questions so didn't get through.

Interview Question – Algorithm questions   Answer Question

Intern-MAC/Phys Layer Interview

Intern-MAC/Phys Layer
San Diego, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2013.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews for the same position.

Interview Question – In the first interview he asked prob question such as taking balls from bowl and joint gaussian. and basic communication about shadowing, flat fading, doppler spread. He also asked about proportional fairness scheduling.
The second one asked from MIMO and LMMSE and waterfilling. and also she asked from my research.
  Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2014.

Interview Details – Met through a college career fair. I heard back a few weeks later and started the interview prices. Depending on your recruiter, you sometimes have to stay on top of things and keep asking about interviews, especially if you're looking for one on campus. That said, my recruiter was exceptionally nice and helped with any questions I had.

Interview Question – Really just a few of the typical CS interview questions (I think it was the counterfeit coin question and maybe a few basic questions about C).   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2010.

Interview Details – I had a telephonic interview for internship with the group. A second phone interview followed. The group was still small and the manager contacted me directly. The questions were all on the hard ware side and dealt with computer architecture including data hazards (RAW, WAR, WAR), CPU pipeline etc.

Interview Question – CPU pipeline stages and a question related to specific scenarios involving data hazards.   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed for over 8 hours.

Interview Question – How do you monitor the budget in a project?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Awesome interview process. Really went smoothly. Got a call from recruiter on Wednesday and had two interviews on Friday over the phone. Got an offer within two hours. It was really quick and enjoyed the interviews.

Interview Question – Very specific Java questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got a better offer.

Hardware Test Engineer Interview

Hardware Test Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2014.

Interview Details – Pro-Telephone Interview went well. I was asked about different items on my resume.

Con- Even though I had to big projects which would have really benefited the company I did not get an in-person interview. Should have known since the Interviewer seems like he didn't understand what I was saying.

Interview Question – C/C++ programming questions which weren't really hard.   View Answers (2)

Web Applications Developer Interview

Web Applications Developer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with three team members. Mostly about your background, recent project and behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Have you ever feel not enough work to do in your previous working experience? How did you deal with this situation?   Answer Question

Engineer - Integration and Testing Interview

Engineer - Integration and Testing
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

Interview Details – Five people interviewed me and asked questions about my resume and lab instruments and GPS technology.

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate well and took the engineer position after 4 years of full time experience. The recruiter told me she can mark the offer rejected and I got scared :) Don't accept anything without going back and forth atleast 2-3 times.

Modem Systems Test Engineer Interview

Modem Systems Test Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2011.

Interview Details – A phone interview that lasted 45 mins. The interview was on the basics of communication systems/DSP.

I was then called for an onsite interview that lasted an entire day. Over 6 interviews were held and most questions were centered on fundamentals of Signal Processing/Communication with a minor focus on programming. A lot of questions were on my projects

Interview Question – I had a project on MIMO OFDM phase noise compensation. The question was how I could have implemented the same for a CDMA based system   Answer Question