Qualcomm

Updated Dec 13, 2014
1,071 Interview Reviews

3.1

Automation Engineer Interview

Initial phone round for brief session about my resume. After that followed by a 1 hr Skype interview . Asking in detail about Object Oriented principles, Perl and some Networking concepts.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult Question was Networking concepts. I was completely un prepared but managed to do so somehow   Answer Question

Senior Design Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2014.

An interview team came travelled to my hometown to screen a number of candidates. First 15 minutes were spent with HR discussing some generic stuff, including the interview schedule, and follow up process. Indicated a formal response from them would be within 5-7 working days.
    The actual interview was with 2 separate panels made up of techical folks a couple different disciplines. They were very pleasant, patient and non confrontational. 1st panel of 2 folks had a general technical conversation with me about my past projects. The second panel was a little more technical and asked me if I would mind going to the whiteboard to draw as I described various things. The position I was looking to fill was very specific, so they targeted my questions towards my knowledge in that area instead of general engineering knowledge.
    Although nervous, they made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • After describing my solution to a design problem, they quizzed me why I wouldn't have chosen a simpler Fifo type solution.   Answer Question

QCT Software Engineering Interview

interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2014.

Applied to the company through the career fair at my university. There was an on-campus interview that last about an hour. The first fifteen or so minutes was talking about the interviewer and my past experiences. The interviewer also asked a couple technical questions regarding my past projects, as well. The last thirty or so minutes was for one technical question. I was offered the position a week or two later.

Interview Questions
    • Design a 64-bit counter using two 32-bit registers with overflow detection between the high and the low registers.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm in September 2014.

The process was a single one-on-one interview on campus. My interviewer was very forgiving of mistakes and was willing to discuss problems through with me. He seemed really excited to tell me about Qualcomm, the company culture, and the kind of work he did. The recruiter was extremely nice as well and helpful throughout, and I knew the results within a week of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • For internships, all of Qualcomm's questions are very basic, standard CS problems with no twists. For instance: reverse a string, find the nth-to-last element of a linked list, counting characters in a string, etc. They will usually ask 3-4 of these in a single interview or until you run out of time.   Answer Question
    No negotiation for internship, but the offer deadline can be pushed back if you ask.

Custom Circuit Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in September 2014.

Interview was planned in systematic manner. Three dates were given as choice for personal interview. Total of 6 interviews in a day including 1 HR personnel and remaining team.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design your own synthesis tool ?   View Answer

Systems Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm.

First, go to qualcomm website and upload all the resume + personal info. Search which job you would apply for and wait till they contact you. I receive my email from them within 1 week and had 1 Hour Phone Interview

Interview Questions
    • Be prepare to answer very technical question. Review your EE knowledge otherwise you will be burned!   Answer Question

Software Engineer/Compiler Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

I had phone interviews with two different managers, both lasted about an hour. Phone interview was based on my PhD thesis, basic compiler theory and basic C++. Then I was called for an on-site interview at San Diego. I had to give a talk in front of the interview panel. Then I met 5 managers, including 1 lunch interview. Finally met the HR which was just about overall experience, expected salary etc.

The 1:1 interviews were mixed. They did not look very prepared or organized. I had to switch between rooms for one 1:1. One interviewer seemed bored and uninterested, working on other stuff while I was answering questions. He/she also assumed I am from a specific country which I am not. This interviewer looked very unprofessional to me. The lunch interviews are awkward and IMHO a bad idea. My final two went exceptionally well. The director was nice and encouraging. But I got no offer at the end, which was expected given the majority of my interviews were not great.

Intern Interview

I find out this job by school career center's Newsletter. I apply by send my resume to the recruiter's email. It took one week to get the phone interview. This position is locate at Boston instead of San Diego.
    The interview is easy and it took about one hour. Basic question about transistor and the project I did.

Interview Questions
    • Basic question about explain what makes an transistor.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

The Interviews were not easy, not difficult. Some standard programming questions like DFS, BFS, etc. If you have prepared for other companies, this one will be an easy pass.

I think the most problematic part of the interview process was the salary negotiation. I had a good offer from their competitors and the team was not even close to that figure. They didn't increase a single $ after me informing them about the salary figures. I was very interested in their work, but they gave me such a bad offer which I couldn't accept in any case.

Also, I think the overall company is gone weird especially the HR. I submitted a reimbursement and 3 months later they send me a check with $50 deducted explaining no reason. The interview reimbursement was within the range that they told me and was < $200 for three days of interview. The HR has lost its way. I am sure others will face the same after they get an offer.

I would rate the entire process as very poor.

Compensation was bad.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Phone interview followed by onsite. Total process took about a month. Phone interview for 45 min. Onsite interview was lengthy with 6 different people for 1 hr each. Got the offer in 2 weeks after the onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on Flip-flops, tristate buffer, logic design   Answer Question