Qualcomm

Average Difficulty
974 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analog Circuit Verification Intern (Graduate Level) Interview

Analog Circuit Verification Intern (Graduate Level)
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2014.

Interview Details – The entire process took around three weeks. Applied through a referral. Was scheduled for two phone interviews on the same day. Was asked about a detailed description of the projects listed in resume that were relevant to the field of application. For every project , I was asked to explain about the testbench used, the input and design specifications, some issues that came up and how they were solved. General technical questions were asked only based on the project areas , so it is important to know the fundamentals of the project listed in the resume inside out. Non technical questions included general aspects like whether I have collaborated with big teams, what my specific areas of interest are and where my passion lies.

Interview Question – Analog Circuits : Since I had some project work in PLLs I was asked where exactly a flipflop or a delay element should be added in the PLL loop, to resolve a glitch or to ensure that the PLL locks.

Device Physics : How does mobility of electrons/holes vary with gate voltage in a MOSFET
  Answer Question

Modem Firmware Engineer Interview

Modem Firmware Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2013.

Interview Details – First had a phone interview where I was invited to an onsite interview. There were 5 interviews in person with a lunch. Mostly asking about coding and brain teaser problem solving. There was also an interview with HR about desired salary. Didn't hear back from HR for over 2 weeks and had to contact them myself.

Interview Question – Everything about coding: structs, definitions, bit-wize, optimization   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer

Interviewed at Qualcomm

Interview Details – Job Ads, Interview, followup interview

Interview Question – What is the most difficult thing you've encountered in your previous work   View Answer

Mobile Software Tester Interview

Mobile Software Tester

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – It was 35 mins interview. Asked about the resume , and then some technical question

Interview Question – asked about the wireless and voip protocol questions.   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Staff Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – 7 interviews with people from all levels
3 departments
Question level from informal chit-chat to very in depth technical

Interview Question – some questions were out of expertise area.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Neutral

Hardware Intern Interview

Hardware Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – On campus interview

Interview Question – verification design, given a structure to say what should be test and how to find the bugs   Answer Question

Staff Verification Engineer Interview

Staff Verification Engineer
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through the Qualcomm Career section in Sept and did not get any communication for more than 2 months. Out of the blue got a call from HR wanting to schedule a Phone Screen, and within a couple of day I was Phone screened. Phone screen was really stimulating, lots of questions regarding ASIC verification, Memory Management, Cache Coherency and FPGA based emulation, Palladium/Veloce emulation flow and using emulation for Simulation Acceleration. It was a nice 2 way discussion which made it real fun, lasted about 45 minutes. Told next day, they wanted to setup an onsite, but since it was around X'mas, we were not able to schedule the interview till early Jan. The team was very flexible in terms of interviewing as I fell sick and had a planned vacation, due to which I wasnt able to interview till mid-Feb.

The Onsite was short in duration but concentrated in content. Welcomed by my manager and was taken to a conference room, where I had 2 1 hour group interviews with 4 people each. 1st hour was related to my resume and emulation experience more relevant to my role and the 2nd hour was general ASIC verification questions with a team of 4 sr Staff level engineers. Got an offer a week later, but due to a relocation, working out the logistics took almost another month before I could join. Very slow process overall. There were 2 stages of reference checks, first after the phone screen and 2nd after the onsite, before the offer was made. There was no HR or personality interview, only technical interviews.

Interview Question – Questions regarding STA mode and Transactor based Simulation Acceleration:
How would you implement a transactor? Use SystemC or System Verilog and why? How will you communicate between the DUT and the transactor testbench? Explain the PCIe speedbridge interface and how would you debug it?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A couple of rounds of negotiation and I was able to get the desired package, though, there was some flexibility in terms of the benefits.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Recruiting came to my school and I handed in my resume at an infosession. Was selected for an on-campus interview. The questions were fairly straightforward, nothing unexpected. This a few years ago so I don't remember all of the questions. The only question I remember was how to reverse a linked list. There was also a bit manipulation question.

Interview Question – Reverse a linked list   Answer Question

Senior Digital Design Engineer Interview

Senior Digital Design Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online then contacted by email for phone interview. During call interviewer was very arrogant with poor english but good technical skills. I confused because of his speaking and mess up with very basic techical questions. At the end he asked if I have questions and after I asked he refused to answer (my questions was not related to confidential information). Advice to hiring managers - please choose nice people as an interviewer, this is first impression about your company. I am not going to personally apply for any more positions or to suggest somebody else.

Interview Question – Modify full precission adder to half precision.   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview