Qualcomm

Relevance Date Difficulty

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Embedded Software Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in August 2013.

Interview Details – After the telephonic interview, I was asked for an on-site interview. The on-site interview had 7 back to back interviews. All the interviews are in different building locations and that was the biggest challenge. Some interviewers were late or were missing from their offices, so the interviews time had to be extended. I had no breather in-between those interviews as I had to literally run to catch up the other interviews on time. Overall a very bad experience.

Interview Question – Find a software bug from a code snippet. The code had something to do with malloc and calloc.   Answer Question

Web Software Engineer Interview

Web Software Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – My first interview was a technical phone screen for 30 mins with overall questions on my resume. After that I was selected for onsite in SD and had a whole day 5 hrs interview with all team members on 1:1 basis.
I had pretty good interview but unfortunately the main person who supposed to be a decision maker and boss of all the team members was missing in interview panel. I didnt got the offer and asked the HR for reason for not getting selected and her response was you did good but we dont have policy to share the interview feedback. I am still not able to find the reason of not having an offer.

Interview Question – All the questions were relevant to my technical skill set.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – I interviewed with 6 people; one of them took me out to lunch. Each interview was 45 minutes to an hour long. Interesting questions and great people. HR was bad - it took a very long time to hear back from them. I had other offers in hand so I had to continually reach out to them for feedback. They got back to me at the last minute with an offer. When I started the job, I was informed that I had been placed in a different role than the one I had interviewed for - I was not consulted on this change in role. I thought that this was very unprofessional.

Interview Question – A question about flip-flops - I was interviewing for an analog position so this was unexpected but I worked through the problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation allowed for a fresh graduate is what I was told. When I joined, I found out that this was not true and that I was very underpaid.

Principal Architect Interview

Principal Architect

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Great scheduling; Hotel; TIme of interview was 10 AM which was great to get good sleep

Interview Question – Some leading edge questions on architecture.. which was latest technologies.. I liked it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Great offer .. they gave me everything I asked for.. base pay stock grants relocation with home owner assistance .. only the bonus structure is not formal and no structure

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2013.

Interview Details – The interview took about 40 minutes. It was kind of enjoyable. The hiring manager first asked me about my previous experience and He actually let me talk. He didn't interrupt me with any kind of question. Then he formulated specials scenarios and what would I do in those situations. For example, what could go wrong or why the software could stop working if the system where the software is running is updated to a faster system? Finally he asked me how to multiply two 64bit integers with a 32 bit only microprocessor.

Interview Question – What could go wrong or why the software could stop working if the system where the software is running is updated to a faster system?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer - Wireless DSP Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer - Wireless DSP Engineer
Newark, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2013.

Interview Details – I first received an email informed me that I was selected for a phone interview whine 3-5 days. Next, I received an email from the interviewer. We scheduled the interview time and day and he called me on that time. Question were all technical. Among them:

1- My current research and job
2- What is channel coherence time and bandwidth
3- How to perform maximum likelihood detection of QAM over AWGN and fading channel
4- Questions on detection of MIMO-OFDM? Difference between MMSE and MLE? which one is better? and which one is optimum? How they perform In high SNR and low SNR?
5- Questions on fixed-point implementation

Interview Question – Questions on detection of MIMO-OFDM? Difference between MMSE and MLE? which one is better? and which one is optimum? How they perform In high SNR and low SNR?
5- Questions on fixed-point implementation
  Answer Question

Interm Engineering Intern Interview

Interm Engineering Intern
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Applied after a career fair and was reached out to by an HR person about a month later. I had two interviews, where I was asked basic personality questions and about my technical experience.

Interview Question – Nothing too unexpected. Everything was straightforward and easy.   Answer Question

Systems Test Engineer Interview

Systems Test Engineer

I interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2013.

Interview Details – I been asked interviewed on phone as a part of the screening process. As the job was closer to the testing, my interview questions were fully dependent on the programming skills I possess.

Interview Question – Explain where is hadamard codes are used in CDMA technology?   View Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2014.

Interview Details – Had 3 technical 35-45 mins phone interviews for Software Engineering Position at QCT.
1st Interview :

Asked everything mentioned on the resume. About each and every word. So I walked him through my resume answering all his questions.
Technical Questions asked :
1) Difference between Array and Linked List ?
2) If i have a phone book to implement, which of the two would you use ? and Why ?
3) In layman's term, explain CDMA and GSM and their differences.
4) What is buffer overflow ?
5) Asked everything about the projects that I had mentioned.

Later I was asked behavioral questions.

2nd Interview :
Technical Questions asked :

1) Explain final, static keywords.
2) Outputs of exception handling situations. Eg. Will Finally block be executed if catch block is not written ? When will system exit ? etc
3) What is StringBuffer and StringBuilder ?
4) What is singleton class ?
5) Does Multiple inheritance exist in both, C++ and Java?
6) Difference between C and Java.
7) Difference between Array and LinkedList
8) Asked a few questions on projects.

3rd Interview :
Technical Questions asked :

1) Difference between C and Java.
2) Explain Method Overloading
3) Explain CDMA and LTE

Questions to test logical reasoning :

2) How would you test for Salt Cellar ? What all parameters would you consider for testing ?

Interview Question – 1) How many Gas stations are there in the whole of USA ? ( Please do not come up with any arbitrary number. They do not want that ! )
  Answer Question

Summer Hardware Applications Intern Interview

Summer Hardware Applications Intern

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – I received an email from a staffing coordinator requesting a phone interview about 1 month after applying. Once I sent in my schedule availability, I was scheduled to interview with a Staff Engineer and a Senior Engineer (same day, one after the other). Both interviewers called me on time and were pleasant to speak with. I was asked about my resume, previous experience, and technical questions (basic circuits, signal processing, etc.). A week or two later, I received a follow-up phone interview offer with the manager. The manager was also nice to talk to and was interested in my long-term goals and general workplace ethic. About a week later, I followed up with my recruiter requesting an update as I hadn't heard anything back. She assured me that they were still conducting interviews and would update me as soon as possible, and I received my offer for a summer internship about 2 weeks after that.

Interview Question – A question regarding transistors that I could not answer as I had not yet covered it in my coursework in school.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Qualcomm