Qualcomm

1,073 Interview Reviews

3.1

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

The Interviews were not easy, not difficult. Some standard programming questions like DFS, BFS, etc. If you have prepared for other companies, this one will be an easy pass.

I think the most problematic part of the interview process was the salary negotiation. I had a good offer from their competitors and the team was not even close to that figure. They didn't increase a single $ after me informing them about the salary figures. I was very interested in their work, but they gave me such a bad offer which I couldn't accept in any case.

Also, I think the overall company is gone weird especially the HR. I submitted a reimbursement and 3 months later they send me a check with $50 deducted explaining no reason. The interview reimbursement was within the range that they told me and was < $200 for three days of interview. The HR has lost its way. I am sure others will face the same after they get an offer.

I would rate the entire process as very poor.

Compensation was bad.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Phone interview followed by onsite. Total process took about a month. Phone interview for 45 min. Onsite interview was lengthy with 6 different people for 1 hr each. Got the offer in 2 weeks after the onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on Flip-flops, tristate buffer, logic design   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer II Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in August 2014.

Telephone Interview - Applied on linkedin - sent connection request to recruiter and team members. Got an interview invite after 2 weeks. 45mins interview. I didn't perform very well. they asked my projects and then gave some programming questions and on probability.

Interview Questions
    • Probability questions : Consider a triangle with 3 vertices and 3 edges with a person standing on the midpoint of each edge. Now if these 3 persons start moving towards a nearest vertex, find the probability of their collision   Answer Question

Digital ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm in August 2014.

Started with a Recruiter contacting me via LinkedIn. An exchange of resume lead to a phone interview with the hiring manager and a technical team member. The phone conversation went well, conversation flowed, questions were discussed both technical and leadership, and what is sometimes a 15 minute planned conversation went on pleasantly for an hour. An invitation for an on-site interview was extended. Travel planning went smoothly, all via email. My hotel was just down the road from the offices, so I had no problem arriving early to the interview. The start time had been delayed multiple times, so each meeting was very short, clipping discussions and making design-on-the-fly tasks very difficult. Lunch with the hiring manager and another team member, was very nice, pleasant and relaxed, even though more technical questions came up in the conversation. I submitted my trip expenses, and was informed in a confirmation email, that it could take up to 90 days for reimbursement. I'm still waiting, and it's been 80 days.

Interview Questions
    • Given a white-board diagram of a block with a FIFO, and verbal description of the block's inputs & outputs, write on the withe board the Verilog or SystemVerilog for the design. I had 15 minutes. Why would you want someone who goes straight to code, with no planning? That usually results in spaghetti code that has to be rewritten.   Answer Question
    • White-board diagram of a block with one input pin (+ clock), and one output pin. The input is a serial stream of data. The output =1 whenever the pattern "0110" has been seen on the serial data. Everything is synchronous to the clock input. Write the Verilog. Given the shortened time constraint for the interview, diagram the design solution. In addition to what you come up with, write a bubble diagram for an FSM solution.   View Answer

Program Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

will have the phone interview precreen first then determine on-site interviews. You will have the chance to meet up the people you are going to interact with in the future if you get hired. Very talent team members

Interview Questions
    • how much do you know about Qualcomm and please give some example how you perform your previous job. How did you describe yourself. How do you consider yourself being a great program analyst   Answer Question

Senior IT/Network Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Qualcomm has a fairly stringent interview process. Should you make it past the initial screen of being chosen from the large pool of applicants, you are then asked for a phone interview. Following this point, there are multiple on-site interviews. My interview started off with the two staff members giving an overview of the company, the actual questions were fairly brief (10-15mins) and then I was asked if I had any questions, for which I went fairly in depth and talked for another 15 mins until their conference room time ended. I felt the interview went great and received a similar feeling from the interviewers, however several days later I received a form letter from recruiting stating they were not moving forward with me as a candidate.

I was a little taken aback by this, as I felt the interview went very well and thought I would get the chance to 'prove myself' further in the in-person panels. Upon emailing the interviewers asking for feedback on what may have went wrong during our phone interview so that I could better myself for further opportunities, I received no response back....which was a little disappointing.

I feel that this is one of those companies where you really do need to know somebody on the inside to get a direct hire, or start off with their internship program, which at this point in my career is not a feasible option.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were straight forward and consisted of common networking trivia.   Answer Question

Verification Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2014.

Applied the job on mid of June, and I received the phone interview notification on mid of July. A senior engineer set up a phone interview and he covered something about my resume. Most questions are about system verilog, he would give some hints if you answered part of questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in July 2014.

Very good process. I was supposed to work as a contractor for Qualcomm. The hiring manager from Qualcomm directly called me to set up an interview. I was a referral candidate too. @ hours telephonic interview and I was extended the offer letter

Interview Questions
    • Very silly questions like : What are the storage classes in C ? They asked OS related stuff, and a bit about Linked lists. Rest all questions were related to C, Data Structures and projects from my resume. Make sure you know your resume well. I had taken up Wireless Communications in my 2nd semester and was asked questions on that like : What did youlearn ? Explain in brief..etc..   Answer Question
    I went thru a Qualcomm approved vendor. Negotiated my salary from $32/hour to $35 / hour.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm in July 2014.

Applied for a position. Six months later, a HR contacted me set up a next-day interview. Nice hiring manager. Five or six problems on the phone. Some basic communication theory questions. Including channel modeling, capacity calculation and channel characteristics. Kinda hard to catch the problems because of being nervous. But frankly speaking, those questions are not that hard.

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm in July 2014.

I just go through the phone interview and it took about 1 hour, a liitle long, it is a techinical interviews. Start with projects in resume, then come with coding questions with algorithm and data structure. Then come with questions of digital logic and verification.