Qualcomm

Relevance Date Difficulty

Interim Software Engineer Interview

Interim Software Engineer
Bridgewater, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2013.

Interview Details – I got an email from the HR about my shortlisting and She asked me to schedule 2 technical interviews in December 2013. The first interview was basically what was there on my resume. The Interviewer asked general stuff about LTE/ UMTS call flow, Handoff scenarios and O&M and about the 3G/4G gateway product.
He asked me about my previous experience and few questions on that. Then a brief discussion on my courses. Overall it was an interactive and decent interview. Not very challenging.

Interview Question – All questions were simple enough like LTE Handoff scenarios etc. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much Negotiation. I was hired for a specific position in the small cells team. So not much negotiation was possible.

Verification Engineer Interview

Verification Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2014.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews and one on-site interview

Interview Question – it was not that difficult.   Answer Question

Hardware Design Intern Interview

Hardware Design Intern
UCLA, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2013.

Interview Details – On campus interview

Interview Question – Two interviews by two people, 45 minutes. They asked timing constraints, logic simplification and analog project. They asked me to draw 2-input NAND gate and size the gate. If upper input stays high, lower input jumps from 0 to 1, compared with the other situation, which is more fast. (notice the internal node) . As for the analog project, he asks me to draw 2 stage amplifier, dc gain, first pole and second pole.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Digital Hardware Intern Interview

Digital Hardware Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, received email notification for on campus interview. Two interviewers, one digital design and the other is more verification oriented. I searched their profiles on Linkedin and they are both engineers with 15+ years experience.

First is the verification guy. He mainly asked you to solve a problem on paper. It's quite basic, asking you to draw the timing diagram of a memory interface and come with ways to verify it. The design guy asked more general questions, like what kind of course you like, how much you know the general stuff taught in class, etc.

Interview Question – Suppose the logic of memory decoder is wrong and there is a stuck-at-1 at some bit. Devise a way to expose it.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Initially I got two phone interviews in the same day. Both were easy, one took 40 minutes and the second one 1 hour. Basic questions about my research and previous works. At the end of both interviews they gave me quick quizes about networking. After more than one month waiting the outcome, I got a third interview request. This was the weirdest interview ever. Took almost 1 hour and half and it seems that the interviewer did not know what to ask, basically trying to make me get confused.

Interview Question – Compare simple M/M/1 queue with M/M/2 queue performance   Answer Question

Signal Integrity Engineer Interview

Signal Integrity Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied directly on the company website and got an email from HR after about two or three months inviting me for a phone interview. The interviewer was very technical and getting directly to the point. After about two or three weeks I was invited for an onsite interview. Everything was well organised and the people seemed to be nice. However this was a full day of technical questions on the white board and I felt exhausted by the end of it.

Interview Question – The questions were covering lots of technical details ranging from explaining the simulation flow at the actual work place to academic Ph.D. dissertation. If you don’t work in this field and have real experience is better to don’t waste your time.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2011.

Interview Details – Technical interviews with 5 employees and answered various questions from career path to background

Interview Question – What is the assumption of RLS algorithm   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Talk to HR and then bargain with the managers

Digital Design Interview

Digital Design
San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2014.

Interview Details – two people, each 45 minutes. One is from digital design group and the other one is from verification team.

Interview Question – Design a FSM to implement an answering machine.   Answer Question

Hardware Security Engineer Interview

Hardware Security Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2013.

Interview Details – The interview questions were not difficult to answer. The questions focused on research projects on resume.

Interview Question – No quite difficult questions   Answer Question

Research Intern Interview

Research Intern

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2014.

Interview Details – I put my resume on qualcomm website, the position I applied is system test intern, but 2 weeks later, I received an email from qualcomm, asked me to schedule a interview, the group is phy/mac layer design. There is an about 45 minutes phone intervew, mainly talked about my resume and some basic wireless communication problems, like the influence of the carrier offset on OFDM system

Interview Question – medium questions   Answer Question