Qualcomm Interview Questions in New York City, NY

4.0

Systems Engineer - Wireless DSP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (Newark, NJ) in December 2013.

Interview

I first received an email informed me that I was selected for a phone interview whine 3-5 days. Next, I received an email from the interviewer. We scheduled the interview time and day and he called me on that time. Question were all technical. Among them:

1- My current research and job
    2- What is channel coherence time and bandwidth
    3- How to perform maximum likelihood detection of QAM over AWGN and fading channel
    4- Questions on detection of MIMO-OFDM? Difference between MMSE and MLE? which one is better? and which one is optimum? How they perform In high SNR and low SNR?
    5- Questions on fixed-point implementation

Interview Questions

• Questions on detection of MIMO-OFDM? Difference between MMSE and MLE? which one is better? and which one is optimum? How they perform In high SNR and low SNR?
      5- Questions on fixed-point implementation

Answer Question

Interim Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (Bridgewater, NJ) in December 2013.

Interview

I got an email from the HR about my shortlisting and She asked me to schedule 2 technical interviews in December 2013. The first interview was basically what was there on my resume. The Interviewer asked general stuff about LTE/ UMTS call flow, Handoff scenarios and O&M and about the 3G/4G gateway product.
    He asked me about my previous experience and few questions on that. Then a brief discussion on my courses. Overall it was an interactive and decent interview. Not very challenging.

Interview Questions

• All questions were simple enough like LTE Handoff scenarios etc. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much Negotiation. I was hired for a specific position in the small cells team. So not much negotiation was possible.

Interim Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm (Bridgewater, NJ) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied to Qualcomm, USA through the website. I got an interview call about 2 months after the application. Questions were focused on my resume and basic stochastic and probability. I got another interview call, similar set of questions. I was told the work description in San Diego office. Then 2 weeks later i had two interviews lined up with the Bridgewater office for a research intern. All four of my interviews went pretty good. After 2 weeks , I got an offer from the Bridgewater office and i accepted it. The entire process took about 3-4 months.

Interview Questions

• Suppose i choose two random variables uniformly distributed between [0,1]. What is the probability distribution of the maximum of the two random variables?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (Bridgewater, NJ) in December 2012.

Interview

1 phone interview followed by on site interview

Interview Questions

• Rise, fall, and turn-off delays?   1 Answer

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through company website..got an call from staffing specialist 2 weeks later and a technical interview was fixed..initial technical interview was based on project as well as basic questions from verilog and system verilog..later was questioned upon some basic math questions..a week later was called for onsite interview..it consisted of 6-7 rounds..was asked upon fsm,asynchronous fifo,pattern detector,oops concepts,counter,clock divider,questions from projects etc..all the interviewers really made me comfortable..they shared their advice as how to land in an job,how should i build my careers etc..

Interview Questions

• how will u verify the functionality of an asynchronous fifo,dual port ram..   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2012.

Interview

had two different technical interview! basic questions on wireless communications, probability theory, and C and Matlab programming skills!

Interview Questions

• what would we gain/lose by adding more antennas to tx/rx?   Answer Question