Qualcomm

Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Engineer - Wireless DSP Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer - Wireless DSP Engineer
Newark, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2013.

Interview Details – I first received an email informed me that I was selected for a phone interview whine 3-5 days. Next, I received an email from the interviewer. We scheduled the interview time and day and he called me on that time. Question were all technical. Among them:

1- My current research and job
2- What is channel coherence time and bandwidth
3- How to perform maximum likelihood detection of QAM over AWGN and fading channel
4- Questions on detection of MIMO-OFDM? Difference between MMSE and MLE? which one is better? and which one is optimum? How they perform In high SNR and low SNR?
5- Questions on fixed-point implementation

Interview Question – Questions on detection of MIMO-OFDM? Difference between MMSE and MLE? which one is better? and which one is optimum? How they perform In high SNR and low SNR?
5- Questions on fixed-point implementation
  Answer Question

Interim Software Engineer Interview

Interim Software Engineer
Bridgewater, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2013.

Interview Details – I got an email from the HR about my shortlisting and She asked me to schedule 2 technical interviews in December 2013. The first interview was basically what was there on my resume. The Interviewer asked general stuff about LTE/ UMTS call flow, Handoff scenarios and O&M and about the 3G/4G gateway product.
He asked me about my previous experience and few questions on that. Then a brief discussion on my courses. Overall it was an interactive and decent interview. Not very challenging.

Interview Question – All questions were simple enough like LTE Handoff scenarios etc. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much Negotiation. I was hired for a specific position in the small cells team. So not much negotiation was possible.

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Bridgewater, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2012.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview followed by on site interview

Interview Question – Rise, fall, and turn-off delays?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Verification Engineer Interview

Verification Engineer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through company website..got an call from staffing specialist 2 weeks later and a technical interview was fixed..initial technical interview was based on project as well as basic questions from verilog and system verilog..later was questioned upon some basic math questions..a week later was called for onsite interview..it consisted of 6-7 rounds..was asked upon fsm,asynchronous fifo,pattern detector,oops concepts,counter,clock divider,questions from projects etc..all the interviewers really made me comfortable..they shared their advice as how to land in an job,how should i build my careers etc..

Interview Question – how will u verify the functionality of an asynchronous fifo,dual port ram..   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2012.

Interview Details – had two different technical interview! basic questions on wireless communications, probability theory, and C and Matlab programming skills!

Interview Question – what would we gain/lose by adding more antennas to tx/rx?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Qualcomm interview questions and advice in New York City, NY. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Qualcomm employees and interview candidates.