Qualcomm

15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Verification Engineer Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through the Qualcomm Career section in Sept and did not get any communication for more than 2 months. Out of the blue got a call from HR wanting to schedule a Phone Screen, and within a couple of day I was Phone screened. Phone screen was really stimulating, lots of questions regarding ASIC verification, Memory Management, Cache Coherency and FPGA based emulation, Palladium/Veloce emulation flow and using emulation for Simulation Acceleration. It was a nice 2 way discussion which made it real fun, lasted about 45 minutes. Told next day, they wanted to setup an onsite, but since it was around X'mas, we were not able to schedule the interview till early Jan. The team was very flexible in terms of interviewing as I fell sick and had a planned vacation, due to which I wasnt able to interview till mid-Feb.

The Onsite was short in duration but concentrated in content. Welcomed by my manager and was taken to a conference room, where I had 2 1 hour group interviews with 4 people each. 1st hour was related to my resume and emulation experience more relevant to my role and the 2nd hour was general ASIC verification questions with a team of 4 sr Staff level engineers. Got an offer a week later, but due to a relocation, working out the logistics took almost another month before I could join. Very slow process overall. There were 2 stages of reference checks, first after the phone screen and 2nd after the onsite, before the offer was made. There was no HR or personality interview, only technical interviews.

Interview Question – Questions regarding STA mode and Transactor based Simulation Acceleration:
How would you implement a transactor? Use SystemC or System Verilog and why? How will you communicate between the DUT and the transactor testbench? Explain the PCIe speedbridge interface and how would you debug it?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – A couple of rounds of negotiation and I was able to get the desired package, though, there was some flexibility in terms of the benefits.

Verification Engineer Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then invited to come on-site. Had to fly from California for the interview and take two days off from work. Interview consisted of a surprise panel. I was not told the details beforehand of who I was meeting so, when I got there, I was surprised by a panel of 5 people. I did really well in spite of being blindsided like that. Everyone was nice and I answered all the questions and conducted myself well (I'm comfortable talking to a group). Next, they sent in another panel to grill me on coding, problem solving, OVM, and other technical validation/verification questions. I answer all of them and when it is over, the hiring manager asks to speak with me one on one. I think he's going to ask about salary requirements, however he asks me how much RTL debug experience I have. I tell him openly that I debug at the interface level, where components connect to a fabric for instance.

Later that day I get an email saying they were looking for someone with more design and RTL debug experience. I was confused since I never claimed to have that specific expertise and was very open about that. They could have asked me over the phone and saved a lot of time.

Interview Question – How do you verify connectivity of an interface to memory with 6 bits of address and 6 bits of data? Show me a program that will write, read, and verify the connectivity.   View Answer

CPU Verification Engineer Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm in May 2013.

Interview Details – The whole interview process was divided into two part, First level was basic questions on projects, Brief project explanation. After he moved on to basic question on Pipelining, Caches,Forwarding, hazard detection and example of hazard. The Second interview was much more detailed on Level having OoO processing, Scheduling and bits of coding skills.

Interview Question – He asked me How to test a 32 bit adder....Well I said under the circumstances that we have the netlist we can use ATPG to get it done or match it with another perfect adder netlist. he didnt seem to be satisfied.   Answer Question

Analog/Mixed Signal Design Engineer Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online, got an email a week later from HR to schedule an interview. Got invited onsite and interviewed with the only 3 analog designer staff engineers there. If they read this, they would probably know it was me sharing the review. A week later I got 4 more phone interviews by people from San Diego (that's where the rest of the team is). Phone and onsite interviews were purely technical. The last phone interview is from HR, just describing what will happen next and also asked me about the other offer I had (since I brought up that I have a deadline for it). Asked about salary expectations and that's it. A week later I followed up with my HR contact since my deadline for the other offer I have is coming up. I was told unofficially that they are putting together an offer from me. During that time I was asked for verification I am enrolled in a graduate program in the US and was asked to give email addresses for references. True enough, they emailed my references. After that, I got a call about the official offer.

Interview Question – Everything is technical, but maybe simple. Admittedly, I don't know every answer, but I tried to analyze things and just get through the quesitons. This is the most technical interview I had ever experienced during my job search.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because a friend in San Diego got the same offer package and considering the difference in the cost in living between SD and Raleigh, I thought it was fair enough. Also, it was better than the other offer I had and just honestly a good offer for a first job for a new PhD grad.

CPU Design Verification Engineer Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was scheduled in a weeks time and over the phone.
The process was quick and followed up well.

Interview Question – He asked me about Data hazards, Instruction sets , Examples of branch prediction , 32 bit adder design. WAR and RAW Instruction examples. Basic Computer architecture questions.   Answer Question

Verification Engineer NCG Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

Interview Details – It's a huge hiring event : DQ Raleigh, or DQ San Diego. Questions were on LinkedLists, circuit design, C++, SystemVerilog, and testing skills. Some knowledge of verification environment such as OVM, UVM is expected.

Interview Question – What ae the most important test cases for a FIFO.   Answer Question

Logic Design and Verification Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in May 2012.

Interview Details – On site- Total 8 members. 2 members per team and 4 interviews. Basic concepts on pipelining , cache memories. They want to know if you are really confident about your concepts.

Interview Question – They gave me a design problem and kept on telling me to optimize it   View Answer

CPU Design Engineering Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in May 2012.

Interview Details – First they called me when I applied the position on the website in my university career website, after one week , HR person contact me to arrange a phone interview, then he ask me question related with my experience in my resume, some questions about relocation and salary requirements.

Interview Question – How would your past experience translate into success in this job?   Answer Question

CPU Design Engineer Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2012.

Interview Details – Pipe lining and its hazards

Verilog Cases

Interview Questions

Cpu Design Verification Engineer Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in August 2011.

Interview Details – It was good.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Qualcomm interview questions and advice in Raleigh-Durham, NC. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Qualcomm employees and interview candidates.