Qualcomm

3.1

391 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in November 2014.

This is a position in Qualcomm Ventures. My background was great for the position. It took 2 weeks from initial contact to first phone interview with the Finance Manager. The questions were all behavioral and not sure if my answers exactly fit what they wanted. Got call for second phone interview a week later with the person who referred me initially. The second call was just mostly me asking questions. I asked a ton of questions, and not sure if they did not like some of my questions. I did not get the job, was informed a week after the second call. I asked the employee who referred me for feedback, but no answer.

Custom Circuit Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in September 2014.

Interview was planned in systematic manner. Three dates were given as choice for personal interview. Total of 6 interviews in a day including 1 HR personnel and remaining team.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design your own synthesis tool ?   View Answer

Software Engineer/Compiler Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

I had phone interviews with two different managers, both lasted about an hour. Phone interview was based on my PhD thesis, basic compiler theory and basic C++. Then I was called for an on-site interview at San Diego. I had to give a talk in front of the interview panel. Then I met 5 managers, including 1 lunch interview. Finally met the HR which was just about overall experience, expected salary etc.

The 1:1 interviews were mixed. They did not look very prepared or organized. I had to switch between rooms for one 1:1. One interviewer seemed bored and uninterested, working on other stuff while I was answering questions. He/she also assumed I am from a specific country which I am not. This interviewer looked very unprofessional to me. The lunch interviews are awkward and IMHO a bad idea. My final two went exceptionally well. The director was nice and encouraging. But I got no offer at the end, which was expected given the majority of my interviews were not great.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

The Interviews were not easy, not difficult. Some standard programming questions like DFS, BFS, etc. If you have prepared for other companies, this one will be an easy pass.

I think the most problematic part of the interview process was the salary negotiation. I had a good offer from their competitors and the team was not even close to that figure. They didn't increase a single $ after me informing them about the salary figures. I was very interested in their work, but they gave me such a bad offer which I couldn't accept in any case.

Also, I think the overall company is gone weird especially the HR. I submitted a reimbursement and 3 months later they send me a check with $50 deducted explaining no reason. The interview reimbursement was within the range that they told me and was < $200 for three days of interview. The HR has lost its way. I am sure others will face the same after they get an offer.

I would rate the entire process as very poor.

Compensation was bad.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in July 2014.

Very good process. I was supposed to work as a contractor for Qualcomm. The hiring manager from Qualcomm directly called me to set up an interview. I was a referral candidate too. @ hours telephonic interview and I was extended the offer letter

Interview Questions
    • Very silly questions like : What are the storage classes in C ? They asked OS related stuff, and a bit about Linked lists. Rest all questions were related to C, Data Structures and projects from my resume. Make sure you know your resume well. I had taken up Wireless Communications in my 2nd semester and was asked questions on that like : What did youlearn ? Explain in brief..etc..   Answer Question
    I went thru a Qualcomm approved vendor. Negotiated my salary from $32/hour to $35 / hour.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Got interview chance from internal referral. The entire process (from phone interview to onsite interview, and then got offer) takes about 1.5 month. One phone interview, and one onsite interview with 7 interviewers (6 technical interviewers and 1 HR).

Interview Questions
    • How would you design an elevator system.
      Follow up, is there any problems (from a embedded system point of view) you should prevent and how will you prevent it in your design.

View Answer

Software/Systems Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm in June 2014.

I was contacted by email and set up a phone interview a few days later. I spoke briefly with the hiring manager about my past experience then he began to ask technical questions. The questions related to object oriented programming despite that the job description did not ask for that skill and my resume did not say I had it. I don't really understand why they contacted me and I assume there must be some miscommunication between HR and the hiring manager. I was quite disappointed by the experience as I had previously thought highly of the idea of working for Qualcomm.

Interview Questions
    • When would you use a class in object oriented programming?   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Began with a phone screen interview which was all technical for about 45 mins to an hour. Called for on-site interview with 5-6 rounds. My first interviewer did not show up on time and the whole interview process was delayed by an hour and half. All the interviews after that were standard. But the interviewers were thoroughly unprofessional. They almost seemed disinterested in taking my interview and were making faces. Looking at their computer screen while hearing my answers and asking me questions.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions as such. I was asked a questions on details of MP3 format which were a little difficult.   Answer Question

I had a better offer from another company. Also, I was very unimpressed with the team in general and the whole interview process. If they cant even conduct an interview properly, I can only imagine the quality of work they might be doing.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Qualcomm.

joined full time from consulting - not much to discuss.
    most of the question are related to Networking and Wi-Fi
     asked basic programming concepts and extensive questions on previous projects

CR&D LTE Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

The process consisted of 2 rounds,a screening and a technical round.
    The screening process was fairly simple,general discussion about background, such as tell em abut yourself. The interviewer discussed about the company in detail, and the responsibilities in this position.
    The next round was technical, fundamental questions in digital communications, MIMO, channel coding, diversity, modulation

Interview Questions
    • Very conceptual questions such as why source coding before channel coding?   Answer Question