Qualcomm Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

3.1

387 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Phone Interview with 4 people at the same time, couldn't hear clearly some of the questions.

Hardware Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2014.

Pro-Telephone Interview went well. I was asked about different items on my resume.

Con- Even though I had to big projects which would have really benefited the company I did not get an in-person interview. Should have known since the Interviewer seems like he didn't understand what I was saying.

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm.

7 interviews with people from all levels
    3 departments
    Question level from informal chit-chat to very in depth technical

Neutral

Web Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

My first interview was a technical phone screen for 30 mins with overall questions on my resume. After that I was selected for onsite in SD and had a whole day 5 hrs interview with all team members on 1:1 basis.
    I had pretty good interview but unfortunately the main person who supposed to be a decision maker and boss of all the team members was missing in interview panel. I didnt got the offer and asked the HR for reason for not getting selected and her response was you did good but we dont have policy to share the interview feedback. I am still not able to find the reason of not having an offer.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were relevant to my technical skill set.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm.

I interviewed with 6 people; one of them took me out to lunch. Each interview was 45 minutes to an hour long. Interesting questions and great people. HR was bad - it took a very long time to hear back from them. I had other offers in hand so I had to continually reach out to them for feedback. They got back to me at the last minute with an offer. When I started the job, I was informed that I had been placed in a different role than the one I had interviewed for - I was not consulted on this change in role. I thought that this was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • A question about flip-flops - I was interviewing for an analog position so this was unexpected but I worked through the problem.   Answer Question
    No negotiation allowed for a fresh graduate is what I was told. When I joined, I found out that this was not true and that I was very underpaid.

Interm Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Applied after a career fair and was reached out to by an HR person about a month later. I had two interviews, where I was asked basic personality questions and about my technical experience.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected. Everything was straightforward and easy.   Answer Question

Analog Circuit Verification Intern (Graduate Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in March 2014.

The entire process took around three weeks. Applied through a referral. Was scheduled for two phone interviews on the same day. Was asked about a detailed description of the projects listed in resume that were relevant to the field of application. For every project , I was asked to explain about the testbench used, the input and design specifications, some issues that came up and how they were solved. General technical questions were asked only based on the project areas , so it is important to know the fundamentals of the project listed in the resume inside out. Non technical questions included general aspects like whether I have collaborated with big teams, what my specific areas of interest are and where my passion lies.

Interview Questions
    • Analog Circuits : Since I had some project work in PLLs I was asked where exactly a flipflop or a delay element should be added in the PLL loop, to resolve a glitch or to ensure that the PLL locks.

Device Physics : How does mobility of electrons/holes vary with gate voltage in a MOSFET
        Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Started with a phone screen (there may be multiple depending on your impact on the first one). If we like you, then we will call you in for an on-site interview. For experienced positions, you will generally interview with 4-5 people from the same group. If you are a new grad, it will likely be across groups. Each interview is 45 min with time for you to ask questions. General structure is 15 min talking about the company/position/group/technology; 15 minutes about you and your background/experience; 15 minutes of technical questions and programming questions. Once the interview is complete, you will get feedback from HR and if you are offered a position, it will proceed with the offer details/negotiations.

Interview Questions
    • Some weaknesses that you wish to improve?   View Answer
    Bonus is negotiable. Options are probably negotiable. Vacation is not. Start date is. Salary is negotiable within the range and experience of existing engineers at your level.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm.

I was rollover from Intern to Full Time, joined in 2004 unfortunately no joining bonus started with very low base salary.

Interview Questions
    • Had few technical questions related to OP-AMP, Schmidt trigger, Interrupts etc. I didn't have formal interview.   Answer Question
    Unfortunately I didn't negotiate.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in February 2014.

Had 3 technical 35-45 mins phone interviews for Software Engineering Position at QCT.
    1st Interview :

Asked everything mentioned on the resume. About each and every word. So I walked him through my resume answering all his questions.
    Technical Questions asked :
    1) Difference between Array and Linked List ?
    2) If i have a phone book to implement, which of the two would you use ? and Why ?
    3) In layman's term, explain CDMA and GSM and their differences.
    4) What is buffer overflow ?
    5) Asked everything about the projects that I had mentioned.

Later I was asked behavioral questions.

2nd Interview :
    Technical Questions asked :

1) Explain final, static keywords.
    2) Outputs of exception handling situations. Eg. Will Finally block be executed if catch block is not written ? When will system exit ? etc
    3) What is StringBuffer and StringBuilder ?
    4) What is singleton class ?
    5) Does Multiple inheritance exist in both, C++ and Java?
    6) Difference between C and Java.
    7) Difference between Array and LinkedList
    8) Asked a few questions on projects.

3rd Interview :
    Technical Questions asked :

1) Difference between C and Java.
    2) Explain Method Overloading
    3) Explain CDMA and LTE

Questions to test logical reasoning :

2) How would you test for Salt Cellar ? What all parameters would you consider for testing ?

Interview Questions
    • 1) How many Gas stations are there in the whole of USA ? ( Please do not come up with any arbitrary number. They do not want that ! )
        Answer Question