Qualcomm

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, received an email to schedule a phone interview, and the manager I worked for was the one who phone interviewed and hired me. I had other offer deadlines approaching, so I called him back the next day and asked if the decision could be made quickly. The next morning, I got the call getting the position.

Interview Question – Extremely easy interview, asked basic programming concepts such focusing on object oriented design (Describe OOP, what is a class, what is a mutex, etc.).   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Test Development Engineer Interview

Senior Test Development Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2012.

Interview Details – Be thoroughly prepared. They will ask you everything about semiconductor device physics and all. Knowing programming languages will help. Answer what you are asked do not try to over impress the interviewer with irrelevant stuff. They pay you good salary and benefits hence they look for someone who is worth that. Even if 1 person does not like the candidate he/she will be rejected.

Interview Question – Since I am a technical guy the most difficult on for me is what are your strengths and weaknesses. I mentioned my technical strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

CR&D LTE Research Intern Interview

CR&D LTE Research Intern
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – The process consisted of 2 rounds,a screening and a technical round.
The screening process was fairly simple,general discussion about background, such as tell em abut yourself. The interviewer discussed about the company in detail, and the responsibilities in this position.
The next round was technical, fundamental questions in digital communications, MIMO, channel coding, diversity, modulation

Interview Question – Very conceptual questions such as why source coding before channel coding?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Senior Programmer Analyst
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2010.

Interview Details – i applied for a 3 months contract position in IT as i was desparately looking for a job after my contract ended. i applied via indeed.com and got a call from HR within a week. it was pretty simple and HR took details like visa, desired hourly pay ,annual salary if i take full time job etc. Later HR communicated via email and set up my first technical interview over phone. i was interviewed for 30-40 min over phone by my manager on technical side. later i was communicated via email and second interview over phone was set up. even second interview was technical pretty much and some general question. it went on for around 20 min. since i was interviewed for temp position my interview was pretty cool and was over phone only. i was satisfied with how the interview went and as expected i was selected fpr the applied position. my consultancy employer stepped in after my interview process is completed and had to do corp to corp (due to visa ) .after salary negotiation i was confirmed for the position and had to join in 10 days. over all the interview process took around 3 weeks from the time i first applied to the joining date. i heard from my colleagues that full time interviews were pretty exhausting and length as it will be face to face only.

Interview Question – it was all technical stuff related to my job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much room for negotiation

Low Power Design Implementation Interview

Low Power Design Implementation
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in May 2014.

Interview Details – They were extremely organized with respect to the interview process and everyone on the team was very nice and respectful. Asked basic questions on digital design as well as some advanced topics. Interview was very long and tedious with 8 people asking questions back to back. Even if you dont know the answer, try your hardest and let the interviewer know your thought process.

Interview Question – One interviewer gave a puzzle to solve, which was actually kind of fun.   Answer Question

Engineer Intern Interview

Engineer Intern
San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

Interview Details – I had two interviews with two people from the same team. They work on different area, and I finally got to work with the later person given me the interview. Both interviews start with introducing my research topics and experience listed on my resume. They interrupt during my description for detailed questions. No technical questions were asked.

Negotiation Details – Internship, did not negotiate.

Staff Engineer Interview

Staff Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2010.

Interview Details – Multiple people will take your interview one on one. It is grilling procedure and then they decide the outcome. If you are good only then you would get in

Interview Question – Logical questions are difficult. Engineering questions are regular.   Answer Question

Intern-MAC/Phys Layer Interview

Intern-MAC/Phys Layer
San Diego, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2013.

Interview Details – I had two phone interviews for the same position.

Interview Question – In the first interview he asked prob question such as taking balls from bowl and joint gaussian. and basic communication about shadowing, flat fading, doppler spread. He also asked about proportional fairness scheduling.
The second one asked from MIMO and LMMSE and waterfilling. and also she asked from my research.
  Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2010.

Interview Details – I had a telephonic interview for internship with the group. A second phone interview followed. The group was still small and the manager contacted me directly. The questions were all on the hard ware side and dealt with computer architecture including data hazards (RAW, WAR, WAR), CPU pipeline etc.

Interview Question – CPU pipeline stages and a question related to specific scenarios involving data hazards.   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed for over 8 hours.

Interview Question – How do you monitor the budget in a project?   Answer Question