Qualcomm

Updated Feb 19, 2015

3.1

CR&D LTE Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

The process consisted of 2 rounds,a screening and a technical round.
    The screening process was fairly simple,general discussion about background, such as tell em abut yourself. The interviewer discussed about the company in detail, and the responsibilities in this position.
    The next round was technical, fundamental questions in digital communications, MIMO, channel coding, diversity, modulation

Interview Questions
    • Very conceptual questions such as why source coding before channel coding?   Answer Question

Low Power Design Implementation Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in May 2014.

They were extremely organized with respect to the interview process and everyone on the team was very nice and respectful. Asked basic questions on digital design as well as some advanced topics. Interview was very long and tedious with 8 people asking questions back to back. Even if you dont know the answer, try your hardest and let the interviewer know your thought process.

Interview Questions
    • One interviewer gave a puzzle to solve, which was actually kind of fun.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in May 2014.

Initial phone interview with human resources coordinator
    2 phone interviews with hiring manager
    In-person interview with a staffing specialist to begin the on-site interview process
    In-person interview (panel style with 4 directors, 1 manager, 1 VP); lasted 1 hour; informal in nature

Interview Questions
    • Started inview asking if I had any questions
      Pop-psychology questions were strange

Answer Question

Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Phone Interview with 4 people at the same time, couldn't hear clearly some of the questions.

Hardware Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2014.

Pro-Telephone Interview went well. I was asked about different items on my resume.

Con- Even though I had to big projects which would have really benefited the company I did not get an in-person interview. Should have known since the Interviewer seems like he didn't understand what I was saying.

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm.

7 interviews with people from all levels
    3 departments
    Question level from informal chit-chat to very in depth technical

Neutral

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm.

I interviewed with 6 people; one of them took me out to lunch. Each interview was 45 minutes to an hour long. Interesting questions and great people. HR was bad - it took a very long time to hear back from them. I had other offers in hand so I had to continually reach out to them for feedback. They got back to me at the last minute with an offer. When I started the job, I was informed that I had been placed in a different role than the one I had interviewed for - I was not consulted on this change in role. I thought that this was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • A question about flip-flops - I was interviewing for an analog position so this was unexpected but I worked through the problem.   Answer Question
    No negotiation allowed for a fresh graduate is what I was told. When I joined, I found out that this was not true and that I was very underpaid.

Web Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

My first interview was a technical phone screen for 30 mins with overall questions on my resume. After that I was selected for onsite in SD and had a whole day 5 hrs interview with all team members on 1:1 basis.
    I had pretty good interview but unfortunately the main person who supposed to be a decision maker and boss of all the team members was missing in interview panel. I didnt got the offer and asked the HR for reason for not getting selected and her response was you did good but we dont have policy to share the interview feedback. I am still not able to find the reason of not having an offer.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were relevant to my technical skill set.   Answer Question

Interm Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Applied after a career fair and was reached out to by an HR person about a month later. I had two interviews, where I was asked basic personality questions and about my technical experience.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected. Everything was straightforward and easy.   Answer Question

Analog Circuit Verification Intern (Graduate Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in March 2014.

The entire process took around three weeks. Applied through a referral. Was scheduled for two phone interviews on the same day. Was asked about a detailed description of the projects listed in resume that were relevant to the field of application. For every project , I was asked to explain about the testbench used, the input and design specifications, some issues that came up and how they were solved. General technical questions were asked only based on the project areas , so it is important to know the fundamentals of the project listed in the resume inside out. Non technical questions included general aspects like whether I have collaborated with big teams, what my specific areas of interest are and where my passion lies.

Interview Questions
    • Analog Circuits : Since I had some project work in PLLs I was asked where exactly a flipflop or a delay element should be added in the PLL loop, to resolve a glitch or to ensure that the PLL locks.

Device Physics : How does mobility of electrons/holes vary with gate voltage in a MOSFET

Answer Question