Qualcomm Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

Updated Aug 27, 2015

3.1

IC Layout Designer Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple as the company was in a direct need to fill this position. I was asked a few basic questions to make sure I knew what I was talking about and then before the interview was done I was offered the position. at first I turned them down due to the contract being to short but they called back a few days later and offered me a chance to have an extended contract after a second interview. Second interview was a bit tougher but if you know what you are talking about all answers should be strait forward. nothing out of the ordinary as both of them were basically technical in nature.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me the process that you take when you are given a fresh piece of layout.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

One HR meeting followed by five technical interviews. All wonderful people. Tech questions mostly consists of low level concepts and algorithms. It's a long process as takes the whole day, try to remain focused and not let your mind slip.

IP Licensing Analyst Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

phone interview: interviewed with a few people from the team that were hiring; onsite interview: talked to 7 people in total, including the analyst, manger, director and VP. I had the phone interview in the morning, and then confirmed for the onsite the afternoon. The onsite took about 5 hours, including lunch.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at Qualcomm?   1 Answer

Custom Circuit Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview was planned in systematic manner. Three dates were given as choice for personal interview. Total of 6 interviews in a day including 1 HR personnel and remaining team.

Interview Questions

• How would you design your own synthesis tool ?   1 Answer

Software Engineer/Compiler Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I had phone interviews with two different managers, both lasted about an hour. Phone interview was based on my PhD thesis, basic compiler theory and basic C++. Then I was called for an on-site interview at San Diego. I had to give a talk in front of the interview panel. Then I met 5 managers, including 1 lunch interview. Finally met the HR which was just about overall experience, expected salary etc. The 1:1 interviews were mixed. They did not look very prepared or organized. I had to switch between rooms for one 1:1. One interviewer seemed bored and uninterested, working on other stuff while I was answering questions. He/she also assumed I am from a specific country which I am not. This interviewer looked very unprofessional to me. The lunch interviews are awkward and IMHO a bad idea. My final two went exceptionally well. The director was nice and encouraging. But I got no offer at the end, which was expected given the majority of my interviews were not great.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The Interviews were not easy, not difficult. Some standard programming questions like DFS, BFS, etc. If you have prepared for other companies, this one will be an easy pass. I think the most problematic part of the interview process was the salary negotiation. I had a good offer from their competitors and the team was not even close to that figure. They didn't increase a single $ after me informing them about the salary figures. I was very interested in their work, but they gave me such a bad offer which I couldn't accept in any case. Also, I think the overall company is gone weird especially the HR. I submitted a reimbursement and 3 months later they send me a check with $50 deducted explaining no reason. The interview reimbursement was within the range that they told me and was < $200 for three days of interview. The HR has lost its way. I am sure others will face the same after they get an offer. I would rate the entire process as very poor.

Compensation was bad.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. The on-site interview took around 8 hours. Most of the questions revolved around aspects of the C programming language. Also, security vulnerabilities in the Linux kernel.

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I came to know about this position through consulant. I had direct onsite interview. Interviewer was so good. He just asked me regarding current role & Works of exerpience. NO technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted without any negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Very good process. I was supposed to work as a contractor for Qualcomm. The hiring manager from Qualcomm directly called me to set up an interview. I was a referral candidate too. @ hours telephonic interview and I was extended the offer letter

Interview Questions

• Very silly questions like : What are the storage classes in C ? They asked OS related stuff, and a bit about Linked lists. Rest all questions were related to C, Data Structures and projects from my resume. Make sure you know your resume well. I had taken up Wireless Communications in my 2nd semester and was asked questions on that like : What did youlearn ? Explain in brief..etc..   Answer Question

Negotiation

I went thru a Qualcomm approved vendor. Negotiated my salary from $32/hour to $35 / hour.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Got interview chance from internal referral. The entire process (from phone interview to onsite interview, and then got offer) takes about 1.5 month. One phone interview, and one onsite interview with 7 interviewers (6 technical interviewers and 1 HR).

Interview Questions

• How would you design an elevator system. Follow up, is there any problems (from a embedded system point of view) you should prevent and how will you prevent it in your design.   1 Answer