Qualcomm Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

3.1

386 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2014.

This interview was for a computer vision engineer and I worked with the HR department to schedule a phone interview.

The phone interviewer asked me about LoG function, Corner Detection and time complexities of the same. He seemed very capable and accomplished from his knowledge.

I was invited for an onsite interview and I had five rounds of onsite interview including a lunch interview.

Round 1: Hard interview with a principal engineer who knew his stuff. He asked questions about OpenGL, OpenCV, Homography, SIFT in gory detail.
    Round 2: I spoke a little about myself and then I was asked to develop algorithm and code to find index of a number in a 2D array which was sorted in ascending order both horizontally and vertically.
    Round 3: Lunch interview - a lot of questions about OO design, I was asked to print numbers in hexadecimal, I was asked about overhead of a class (including methods).
    Round 4: The hiring team lead asked a bunch of behavioral questions. Then he asked a couple of easy questions. One to twiddle nibbles in a number, another to insert a string within another.
    Round 5: The last interview was on computer vision and I was asked about RANSAC, k-d tree, SIFT, homography etc.

On rounds 2, 4 and 5 I explained about my PhD topic the other interviewers were not interested much.

Interview Questions
    • How do you calibrate a camera to find extrinsic parameters?   Answer Question
    I negotiated on the salary and got what I expected. I would recommend candidates to negotiate much more.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Began with a phone screen interview which was all technical for about 45 mins to an hour. Called for on-site interview with 5-6 rounds. My first interviewer did not show up on time and the whole interview process was delayed by an hour and half. All the interviews after that were standard. But the interviewers were thoroughly unprofessional. They almost seemed disinterested in taking my interview and were making faces. Looking at their computer screen while hearing my answers and asking me questions.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions as such. I was asked a questions on details of MP3 format which were a little difficult.   Answer Question

I had a better offer from another company. Also, I was very unimpressed with the team in general and the whole interview process. If they cant even conduct an interview properly, I can only imagine the quality of work they might be doing.

Intern Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

Submit Resume through online. Contact after 3 weeks. Call me to setup an interview onsite. People are nice. Interview questions are very basics for an electrical engineer. Asking basic EE questions

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. All big company asked the same questions   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Qualcomm.

joined full time from consulting - not much to discuss.
    most of the question are related to Networking and Wi-Fi
     asked basic programming concepts and extensive questions on previous projects

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in May 2014.

Initial phone interview with human resources coordinator
    2 phone interviews with hiring manager
    In-person interview with a staffing specialist to begin the on-site interview process
    In-person interview (panel style with 4 directors, 1 manager, 1 VP); lasted 1 hour; informal in nature

Interview Questions
    • Started inview asking if I had any questions
      Pop-psychology questions were strange
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2013.

I applied online, received an email to schedule a phone interview, and the manager I worked for was the one who phone interviewed and hired me. I had other offer deadlines approaching, so I called him back the next day and asked if the decision could be made quickly. The next morning, I got the call getting the position.

Interview Questions
    • Extremely easy interview, asked basic programming concepts such focusing on object oriented design (Describe OOP, what is a class, what is a mutex, etc.).   Answer Question

Senior Test Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2012.

Be thoroughly prepared. They will ask you everything about semiconductor device physics and all. Knowing programming languages will help. Answer what you are asked do not try to over impress the interviewer with irrelevant stuff. They pay you good salary and benefits hence they look for someone who is worth that. Even if 1 person does not like the candidate he/she will be rejected.

Interview Questions
    • Since I am a technical guy the most difficult on for me is what are your strengths and weaknesses. I mentioned my technical strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

CR&D LTE Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

The process consisted of 2 rounds,a screening and a technical round.
    The screening process was fairly simple,general discussion about background, such as tell em abut yourself. The interviewer discussed about the company in detail, and the responsibilities in this position.
    The next round was technical, fundamental questions in digital communications, MIMO, channel coding, diversity, modulation

Interview Questions
    • Very conceptual questions such as why source coding before channel coding?   Answer Question

Low Power Design Implementation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in May 2014.

They were extremely organized with respect to the interview process and everyone on the team was very nice and respectful. Asked basic questions on digital design as well as some advanced topics. Interview was very long and tedious with 8 people asking questions back to back. Even if you dont know the answer, try your hardest and let the interviewer know your thought process.

Interview Questions
    • One interviewer gave a puzzle to solve, which was actually kind of fun.   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2010.

i applied for a 3 months contract position in IT as i was desparately looking for a job after my contract ended. i applied via indeed.com and got a call from HR within a week. it was pretty simple and HR took details like visa, desired hourly pay ,annual salary if i take full time job etc. Later HR communicated via email and set up my first technical interview over phone. i was interviewed for 30-40 min over phone by my manager on technical side. later i was communicated via email and second interview over phone was set up. even second interview was technical pretty much and some general question. it went on for around 20 min. since i was interviewed for temp position my interview was pretty cool and was over phone only. i was satisfied with how the interview went and as expected i was selected fpr the applied position. my consultancy employer stepped in after my interview process is completed and had to do corp to corp (due to visa ) .after salary negotiation i was confirmed for the position and had to join in 10 days. over all the interview process took around 3 weeks from the time i first applied to the joining date. i heard from my colleagues that full time interviews were pretty exhausting and length as it will be face to face only.

Interview Questions
    not much room for negotiation