Qualcomm Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

3.1

387 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Server Testing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in December 2013.

One phone interview, just asked some questions about resume and previous projects. 7 rounds for on-site interview, asked about Java, Database, C programming and basic algorithm, and scenario questions about testing. Database questions related to "group by", "having" etc. Math question include how to swap two numbers without using extra space. Scenario questions are those in which they describe some malfunction problem and let you analysis and figure out what might be wrong.

Interview Questions
    • I have not reviewed database before the interview, so I have forgotten almost all the SQL language and thus this part becomes very difficult for me.   View Answer

Intern-MAC/Phys Layer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2013.

I had two phone interviews for the same position.

Interview Questions
    • In the first interview he asked prob question such as taking balls from bowl and joint gaussian. and basic communication about shadowing, flat fading, doppler spread. He also asked about proportional fairness scheduling.
      The second one asked from MIMO and LMMSE and waterfilling. and also she asked from my research.

Signal Integrity Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2013.

Applied directly on the company website and got an email from HR after about two or three months inviting me for a phone interview. The interviewer was very technical and getting directly to the point. After about two or three weeks I was invited for an onsite interview. Everything was well organised and the people seemed to be nice. However this was a full day of technical questions on the white board and I felt exhausted by the end of it.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were covering lots of technical details ranging from explaining the simulation flow at the actual work place to academic Ph.D. dissertation. If you don’t work in this field and have real experience is better to don’t waste your time.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in November 2013.

Interview Process took approximately 3 weeks. Was contacted for an initial phone interview by the hiring manager and then scheduled for on-site interviews with 4 other individuals.

Interview Questions
    • Conversational Interview Questions - walk me thru your resume, why qualcomm, etc.   Answer Question

Mixed-Signal IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2013.

I've had about 50 minutes' phone interview.
    The interviewer gave me information about the position for 5 minutes,
    and asked me to freely introduce what I've done before for 5 minutes.
    Then, technical questions continued for 40 minutes.
    Starting from system-level conceptual questions,
    the interviewer asked about details of CMOS circuits.

Interview Questions
    • MOS Transistor level quizzes.
      About nonlinear charge injection, opamp's gain error, etc.
      Basics are always important.

Staff Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2013.

I applied online, passed the phone interview which was not very technical. The on-site interview had 7 rounds. They ask me a lot about ARM processor architecture and C++ questions.

Interview Questions
    • You should know your resume well because they will challenge you a lot about your previous work   Answer Question

5 weeks after receiving verbal offer from HR with an average compensation package, they could not proceed to give me the formal offer. I've been told they freeze the hiring. This is absolutely unacceptable. A company should be assured that they can increase their head-counts before interviewing people.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2013.

I was offered an interview on campus. It was just one round. I talked to a software engineer for about an hour discussing some general technical knowledge questions that ranged from object-oriented design to operating systems to reading code and understanding what it does. I also had a question showing me some variations of how to implement a method and I was supposed to describe an issue with each solution.

About a week later I got a call with an offer. Everyone I talked to was really friendly. They seem like a really great group of people to work with.

Interview Questions
    • Given a byte, rearrange the bits so that bit0 gets swapped with bit7, bit1 gets swapped with bit6, etc.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2013.

I got the opportunity to do an on-site interview after a quick phone interview. The campus is pretty nice. Although traveling between different buildings makes me a little dazed. The interview itself is smoothy, and interviewers are professional. Even you can not completely solve the problem the interviewer gives, they would give you hints and clues to solve it. I believe they wanna see your ability to solve an unexpected problem instead of repeat what you have already known.

Interview Questions
    • What is the best data structure for solving an Tic-tac-toe game (that's the name I know after the interview)?
      How to delete a number in a int type linked list without knowing the head of the list?

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Had a phone interview. Selected onsite three days later. Went onsite with 6 people including HR. Questions are not so difficult. But didn't get the offer.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2013.

I have been called for the interview after resume screening in Campus Career fair. I had two rounds of interview. First round is a software round, where I was tested in data structures like linked list, trees. There was a question on FSM design too. The Second round was a hardware round, where I was asked to draw synthesized hardware for a verilog program. Second question was to draw a timing diagram for a sequential circuit. Third question was to implement a 3 input nand gate using 2 to 1 mux.

Interview Questions
    • Assume a directory tree with each child represent a directory inside the root directory, Write a program to calculate the total disk space for the root directory. Assume what ever you want.   View Answer