Qualcomm Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

Updated Jun 26, 2015

3.1

Digital Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

two people, each 45 minutes. One is from digital design group and the other one is from verification team.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

For me the hiring process involved only two phone calls. I was contacted by a recruiter and I scheduled my interview to be taken two days later. The first call was a technical one which asked me concepts of Operating systems, algorithms and networking. The call lasted for more than 45 minutes although it should end in 30 minutes. The second call was a mix of HR questions and technical questions. One week after the call only, they were impressed and offered me to come on board.

Interview Questions

• In the second phone call I was asked to name my favorite language for programming, which I gave as C. So followup on that question, the person asked me to give solution so that when they write programs for like adding numbers, they should provide generic datatype, and it should support future datatypes which may be introduced later. For that I had taken almost 15 minutes and thought I would not be able to pass that.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No I was not able to negotiate as they had strict policy to give same benefits to each and every intern.

Senior Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online then contacted by email for phone interview. During call interviewer was very arrogant with poor english but good technical skills. I confused because of his speaking and mess up with very basic techical questions. At the end he asked if I have questions and after I asked he refused to answer (my questions was not related to confidential information). Advice to hiring managers - please choose nice people as an interviewer, this is first impression about your company. I am not going to personally apply for any more positions or to suggest somebody else.

Interview Questions

• Modify full precission adder to half precision.   1 Answer

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

This was by far the worst interview experience that I've ever had. I thought this big company would have their stuff together... I guess not!

I received my schedule days before and would be speaking with four people. I was excited.

I did a lot of pre-work. I had a list of notes and questions and felt very prepared. But none of my pre-work mattered.

First interviewer: The hiring manager looked at his computer screen most of our conversation. He kept yawning and acted distracted. Never saw him again.
    Second interviewer: The director was very nice and lovely. No complaints.
    Third interviewer: Printed my resume right in front of me then moved us to a busy open area for the interview. I had someone sit right next to me as I was trying to answer questions - very distracting.
    Fourth interviewer: No show. I waited 15 minutes, he didn't show up. the 3rd interviewer returned and said "He's on a phone call. I think we're done." Those were the exact words... 'I think we're done."

Senior Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Started with HR person and then went to different building.
    There was a phone screen before the interview process.
    Tech interview with 2 people and then hiring manager interview.
    They wanted nosql experience which was not mentioned in the requirement.

Interview Questions

• i was asked to reduce the time taken by the query for execution. standard query passing values in where clause separated by comma.   1 Answer

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

interview process is quick and really good and got response very quickly and very happy and got selected in the interview and good enough.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

After a short phone interview, I was invited to onsite interview

Interview Questions

• Give me some C source codes, ask me to find the bug inside this code. Mostly focus on my previous research and projects.   Answer Question

Server Testing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

One phone interview, just asked some questions about resume and previous projects. 7 rounds for on-site interview, asked about Java, Database, C programming and basic algorithm, and scenario questions about testing. Database questions related to "group by", "having" etc. Math question include how to swap two numbers without using extra space. Scenario questions are those in which they describe some malfunction problem and let you analysis and figure out what might be wrong.

Interview Questions

• I have not reviewed database before the interview, so I have forgotten almost all the SQL language and thus this part becomes very difficult for me.   1 Answer

Intern-MAC/Phys Layer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

I had two phone interviews for the same position.

Interview Questions

• In the first interview he asked prob question such as taking balls from bowl and joint gaussian. and basic communication about shadowing, flat fading, doppler spread. He also asked about proportional fairness scheduling.
      The second one asked from MIMO and LMMSE and waterfilling. and also she asked from my research.

Answer Question

Signal Integrity Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied directly on the company website and got an email from HR after about two or three months inviting me for a phone interview. The interviewer was very technical and getting directly to the point. After about two or three weeks I was invited for an onsite interview. Everything was well organised and the people seemed to be nice. However this was a full day of technical questions on the white board and I felt exhausted by the end of it.

Interview Questions

• The questions were covering lots of technical details ranging from explaining the simulation flow at the actual work place to academic Ph.D. dissertation. If you don’t work in this field and have real experience is better to don’t waste your time.   Answer Question