Qualcomm Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

Updated Aug 26, 2015

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

This is supposed to be a great place to work? Employees have a cocky attitude overall. Interviewers gave the impression that I should have felt I was about to be admitted into heaven. Seemed overly concerned with where I got my degree - even though I've been working in the industry for over 15 years. Company is advertised as being open, laid back, and rewarding, but one wouldn't know it from the interview process!

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply for this position at Qualcomm?   1 Answer

See above.

Senior Analog Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

First, the bus takes a long time to schedule. Qualcomm is so big and you have to travel from one building to the other. The HR needs to schedule a bus to communicate. The interview was very difficult. I was asked to derive the conclusion of a Ph.D. thesis. And another guy asked me what is wrong for a emitter degenerated bipolar filter if the Gain of the bipolar is much lower than expected. Anyway, questions are kind of hard to prepare. I missed some easy questions too.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

The people setting up the interview were very nice and courteous. The interview was highly technical and concentrated on expert level questions. The posted job was not for a principal or senior level engineer, but they were obviously looking for someone with that kind of experience. The interviewer had a condescending attitude when you didn't know the answer and would not have been a good person to work for. Someone mentioned that the PhDs at Qualcomm look down on people who don't have one and my experience supports that claim.

ASIC Wireless Modem Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

An Indian guy called me on the phone. Asked me two questions about my resume and then two communications questions. Then he started math puzzles, he seemed extremely interested in math puzzles, after two math puzzles, he just wanted to continued with more math puzzles. I had to interrupt to ask him to give some more details about this job position. He was CLEARLY IRRITATED at my request (that he should ask job specific questions) and DISCONTINUED the interview. I subsequently got a normal REJECTION notice from Qualcomm HR.

Image Processing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

The interviewer asked about some detail in CV. Since the group belongs to R&D, he asked how QM coder works and can I use QM coder to encode the binary stream out from H.264 video file.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

basic C coding questions: byte size, range, xor, heap vs stack, memory leak, call function,static variables, pointer, ram vs harddisk, sorting algorithm, Operating system question: process, thread,register,ISR, interupt Coding: find out the missing number from 1-100

Senior Test Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Be thoroughly prepared. They will ask you everything about semiconductor device physics and all. Knowing programming languages will help. Answer what you are asked do not try to over impress the interviewer with irrelevant stuff. They pay you good salary and benefits hence they look for someone who is worth that. Even if 1 person does not like the candidate he/she will be rejected.

Interview Questions

• Since I am a technical guy the most difficult on for me is what are your strengths and weaknesses. I mentioned my technical strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

After applying online through the website, I received an email to schedule phone interview's date and time. The interview took about 30 minutes and from the very beginning the guy asked for pen and paper. Then he started asking about my project on LTE network optimization, after that he asked about C programming 'data structures','stack' and also he asked about some programming logic. He didn't go through my resume.

Modem Systems Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

A phone interview that lasted 45 mins. The interview was on the basics of communication systems/DSP. I was then called for an onsite interview that lasted an entire day. Over 6 interviews were held and most questions were centered on fundamentals of Signal Processing/Communication with a minor focus on programming. A lot of questions were on my projects

Interview Questions

• I had a project on MIMO OFDM phase noise compensation. The question was how I could have implemented the same for a CDMA based system   Answer Question

High-Speed DDR PHY Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

First I had phone interview which was primarily about what I know, one projects which I feel is challenging. It went for about 1 hour. After phone interview I had an on site interview after one month. There were 5 technical round each 45 mins, and one HR round. Technical rounds were mostly about timing, delay, setup & hold time. Since there were dealing with DDR memory controller interface with DDR memory, so they were mostly focusing on PVT variations and impact on timing.

Interview Questions

• Constraints on input port in TCL file during synthesis and explain in detail.   1 Answer