Qualcomm Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

Updated Mar 16, 2015

3.1

Interim Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in November 2011.

2 telephonic interviews

Interview Questions
    • Everything was related to projects and work on resume.   View Answer

Hardware Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Received the onsite interview request after the phone interview. The onsite process includes 6 rounds.

Technical interviewers were easy going, they would give you hints or lead you if you have no clue. Asked about hardware test related questions, include what to test, how to test, what could be reasons if result is not as expected. Require basic knowledge about circuit schematic diagram, wireless communication transceiver diagram, noise figure, link budget calculation, sensitivity, testing equipment (e.g. VNA, Spectrum analyzer, etc.), basic C++ or C#

HR interview was very nice, introduced the company and its benefits, very few behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about problems one may see in practical testing, and how to debug the problem. They want to see how you think about the problem if you don't have experience.   View Answer

RF Software Customer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

After a friend's reference, it took them about 1 week to schedule a phone interview with me. The phone interview is most about OS(process, deadlock, thread), real-time system and some basic C concepts. They also asked about my past project experiences.

Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Phone Interview with 4 people at the same time, couldn't hear clearly some of the questions.

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm in November 2012.

Recruitment was fine, friendly and set up the process. Onsite for three interviews in total. Interview with panel of peers was most difficult, they were clearly testing the waters. I appreciated my interviews with the Directors much more than the consultant level employees. Excellent casual work culture, enjoyed the experience.

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in June 2010.

i applied for a 3 months contract position in IT as i was desparately looking for a job after my contract ended. i applied via indeed.com and got a call from HR within a week. it was pretty simple and HR took details like visa, desired hourly pay ,annual salary if i take full time job etc. Later HR communicated via email and set up my first technical interview over phone. i was interviewed for 30-40 min over phone by my manager on technical side. later i was communicated via email and second interview over phone was set up. even second interview was technical pretty much and some general question. it went on for around 20 min. since i was interviewed for temp position my interview was pretty cool and was over phone only. i was satisfied with how the interview went and as expected i was selected fpr the applied position. my consultancy employer stepped in after my interview process is completed and had to do corp to corp (due to visa ) .after salary negotiation i was confirmed for the position and had to join in 10 days. over all the interview process took around 3 weeks from the time i first applied to the joining date. i heard from my colleagues that full time interviews were pretty exhausting and length as it will be face to face only.

Interview Questions
    not much room for negotiation

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm in August 2009.

Long Hiring Process. Group interviews. Helps to get a referral from current employee

Interview Questions
    Yes, never take the first offer.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm in April 2013.

I applied online, received an email to schedule a phone interview, and the manager I worked for was the one who phone interviewed and hired me. I had other offer deadlines approaching, so I called him back the next day and asked if the decision could be made quickly. The next morning, I got the call getting the position.

Interview Questions
    • Extremely easy interview, asked basic programming concepts such focusing on object oriented design (Describe OOP, what is a class, what is a mutex, etc.).   Answer Question

Senior/Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in June 2013.

Received email from recruiter asking for a phone interview. 10 days later had a phone interview with the hiring manager who was very nice and personable. Interview only lasted 25 minutes. A little over a week later I received an email saying I wasn't moving any further in the process.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't really ask any difficult questions. The majority were about my experience and what I had on my resume.   Answer Question

Staff Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Initial phone interviews were positive and professional. The on site interview started off well with the HR portion. It went down hill fast. I interviewed with 5 people during the day. One interview was in the cafe next to the TV, another in the lobby of the lobby next to the coffee shop. The interviews were sketchy and unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Interviews were not that technical and I was surprised by the lack of serious questions.   Answer Question