Qualcomm

3.1

393 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in March 2010.

C language questions. You don't have to write the best possible solution but demonstrate that your approach is reasonable then yo can get through. Its not as hard as getting into software companies in SF bay area.

Interview Questions
    • some folks as puzzles but mostly it is C language and OS fundamentals   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in November 2014.

This is a position in Qualcomm Ventures. My background was great for the position. It took 2 weeks from initial contact to first phone interview with the Finance Manager. The questions were all behavioral and not sure if my answers exactly fit what they wanted. Got call for second phone interview a week later with the person who referred me initially. The second call was just mostly me asking questions. I asked a ton of questions, and not sure if they did not like some of my questions. I did not get the job, was informed a week after the second call. I asked the employee who referred me for feedback, but no answer.

Custom Circuit Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in September 2014.

Interview was planned in systematic manner. Three dates were given as choice for personal interview. Total of 6 interviews in a day including 1 HR personnel and remaining team.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design your own synthesis tool ?   View Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2010.

Phone interview followed by on-site interview. Phone interview was for an hr or so. On site interview was conducted by 7-8 people with detailed circuit related questions. Be prepared for going to the drawing board and answering detailed circuit questions. Some equations/derivations expected.

Interview Questions
    • smitch chart impedance matching problem over the phone.   Answer Question
    Negotiated on the offer a little bit. Not much wiggle room.

Systems Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in June 2010.

these guys love Perl and Python and C. Make sure you prepare that. very text book interviews, the interviewers have probably worked at Qualcomm all their lives , so all they know or want you to know is the stuff they work on..which is scripts in perl or python or programming in C. Many are open source lovers so linux helps and please do yourself a favour and learn CDMA even if you have never used it before.

Interview Questions
    • Writing PERL scripts on the spot on paper or board. formatting is something you are assumed to know..no using google :(   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Qualcomm in February 2014.

For me the hiring process involved only two phone calls. I was contacted by a recruiter and I scheduled my interview to be taken two days later. The first call was a technical one which asked me concepts of Operating systems, algorithms and networking. The call lasted for more than 45 minutes although it should end in 30 minutes. The second call was a mix of HR questions and technical questions. One week after the call only, they were impressed and offered me to come on board.

Interview Questions
    • In the second phone call I was asked to name my favorite language for programming, which I gave as C. So followup on that question, the person asked me to give solution so that when they write programs for like adding numbers, they should provide generic datatype, and it should support future datatypes which may be introduced later. For that I had taken almost 15 minutes and thought I would not be able to pass that.   View Answer
    No I was not able to negotiate as they had strict policy to give same benefits to each and every intern.

Software Engineer/Compiler Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

I had phone interviews with two different managers, both lasted about an hour. Phone interview was based on my PhD thesis, basic compiler theory and basic C++. Then I was called for an on-site interview at San Diego. I had to give a talk in front of the interview panel. Then I met 5 managers, including 1 lunch interview. Finally met the HR which was just about overall experience, expected salary etc.

The 1:1 interviews were mixed. They did not look very prepared or organized. I had to switch between rooms for one 1:1. One interviewer seemed bored and uninterested, working on other stuff while I was answering questions. He/she also assumed I am from a specific country which I am not. This interviewer looked very unprofessional to me. The lunch interviews are awkward and IMHO a bad idea. My final two went exceptionally well. The director was nice and encouraging. But I got no offer at the end, which was expected given the majority of my interviews were not great.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in June 2013.

Interview process consists of two steps - phone screening and on-site interview. Phone screen was performed by two people and each session was 30 mins long. Primary objective of phone screen was resume review and verifying whether the person knows what they claim on their resume. Phone screen was done by engineers and all their questions were pertaining to my resume only.

Onsite interview process started with the HR email asking for possible interview dates. Once the dates are finalized the travel arrangements are managed by Balboa travels and they help book accommodation, rental car and flight tickets.

The on-site interview started with HR representative. Basically discussed about my resume, salary expectations and relocation assistance. This was followed by interviews by folks from management level - Director or Senior Director. Discussion was primarily about cellular communication and the difficulties in designing software for cellular base station. This was followed by a lunch break which was handled by an engineer. He talked to me about how a day looks like in Qualcomm and explained about the various perks offered by the company. After lunch i had two intensive technical interview session. All questions were about C programming and embedded software design. Emphasis was on function pointers and writing code with minimal memory footprint.

Interview Questions
    • Questions related to sorting - stable or unstable sorting.   View Answer

The start date required by the team was well before my course completion date.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in July 2014.

Very good process. I was supposed to work as a contractor for Qualcomm. The hiring manager from Qualcomm directly called me to set up an interview. I was a referral candidate too. @ hours telephonic interview and I was extended the offer letter

Interview Questions
    • Very silly questions like : What are the storage classes in C ? They asked OS related stuff, and a bit about Linked lists. Rest all questions were related to C, Data Structures and projects from my resume. Make sure you know your resume well. I had taken up Wireless Communications in my 2nd semester and was asked questions on that like : What did youlearn ? Explain in brief..etc..   Answer Question
    I went thru a Qualcomm approved vendor. Negotiated my salary from $32/hour to $35 / hour.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

The Interviews were not easy, not difficult. Some standard programming questions like DFS, BFS, etc. If you have prepared for other companies, this one will be an easy pass.

I think the most problematic part of the interview process was the salary negotiation. I had a good offer from their competitors and the team was not even close to that figure. They didn't increase a single $ after me informing them about the salary figures. I was very interested in their work, but they gave me such a bad offer which I couldn't accept in any case.

Also, I think the overall company is gone weird especially the HR. I submitted a reimbursement and 3 months later they send me a check with $50 deducted explaining no reason. The interview reimbursement was within the range that they told me and was < $200 for three days of interview. The HR has lost its way. I am sure others will face the same after they get an offer.

I would rate the entire process as very poor.

Compensation was bad.