Qualcomm Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

Updated Apr 15, 2015

3.1

Senior Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

First interview with HR to talk about job/salary/benefit expectation. Then you will be picked up by the team leader/manager of the position you interview to continue the process. There are usually 3-4 technical interview conducted by the manager, team lead, future teammate. Typical interview questions related to link list, array, binary search tree, and hash table, and followed by coding or debugging of some mathematic problem.

Interview Questions

• 1. Write a code on the white board and ask you what this function is trying to achieve. In my case, it is a function to reverse an array.

2. Give you a print out source code segment and ask you to find the errors in the code. Such as missing error handle, pointer, and memory leak.

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted to a centralized post, which include many possible positions .Got HR reply after 1 month. She send me the position requirement in the email and also let me know will have a phone interview in 3-5 days. First is phone interview. Then following by panel interview. The last is HR interview.

I/O Circuit Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. It took two weeks for the phone interview and another two weeks for the onsite in San Diego. Onsite had total 6 people, 1st was hr then 5 engineers 1:1.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about driver design, cmos circuit design and transmission line theory.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had applied online for various positions and then I received an email to schedule for a phone interview. Phone interview was for about an hour with the questions targeted on my projects in my resume, Real Time Systems, OS, Embedded Systems, Bit Manipulation and Algorithms. They were all straightforward questions and was easy to answer. In next 4 days, I got a positive feedback and they scheduled an onsite interview in the next 10 days.

On the Onsite interview day, I had 6 1:1 interviews, each for 45 minutes duration except the lunch interview was for 1hr. One of these rounds were HR, which was basic HR questions and straightforward. Among the 5 technical interviews, the common questions asked were on Deadlocks, Semaphores, Mutex Locks, Data Structures, Embedded Systems, few puzzles based on cracking the coding interview book.

Questions asked:
    I was asked to write codes for Linkedlist, transpose of a matrix, etc.
    What are Deadlocks? How do you avoid it?
    What is Priority Inversion? How to avoid it?
    Questions on Structures, Unions.
    Volatile keyword
    Basic questions on WCDMA, GSM

Interview Questions

• Find the least number of coins required that can make any change from 1 to 99 cents   Answer Question

RF Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was almost all about the resume, so prepare it carefully.
    The onsite took 6 rounds, 1 with HR, 5 with technical stuff. The people are really nice, so don't be nervous. It took me 6 hours from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between c and c++?
      key word virtuall

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

One HR meeting followed by five technical interviews. All wonderful people. Tech questions mostly consists of low level concepts and algorithms. It's a long process as takes the whole day, try to remain focused and not let your mind slip.

IC Layout Designer Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple as the company was in a direct need to fill this position. I was asked a few basic questions to make sure I knew what I was talking about and then before the interview was done I was offered the position. at first I turned them down due to the contract being to short but they called back a few days later and offered me a chance to have an extended contract after a second interview. Second interview was a bit tougher but if you know what you are talking about all answers should be strait forward. nothing out of the ordinary as both of them were basically technical in nature.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me the process that you take when you are given a fresh piece of layout.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

passed the HR screen at school, and phone interview.
    onsite after 2 weeks.
    got an answer from HR 1 week after onsite. All the offering groups actually gave me call to introduce them.

Interview Questions

• why qualcomm? asked all type of basic questions in networking, wireless comm, probability theory, and brain teaser.
      some other questions about system design.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

5 interviews in one day; 2 with HR and 3 with colleagues. I was recruited by a former coworker so I wasn't blindly being chosen for an interview, it was more of a formality. The only surprising or nerve-wracking thing was discussing salary right away. I think that just be a tactic they use to throw people off base.

Interview Questions

• The biggest thing I remember is they talked salary 5 minutes into the first interview.   Answer Question

RFIC Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Give a talk about the research that I have done. Then several engineers ask questions about the research work and some basic questions on RFIC design. Even I don't know how to answer some of the questions, the interviewers will give some hints and guide me to answer them correctly.

Interview Questions

• Do the matching of LNA on the Smith Chart.   1 Answer