Qualcomm

Getting the Interview

304 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Contract Analyst Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Phone Interview with 4 people at the same time, couldn't hear clearly some of the questions.

Interim Engineering Intern Interview

San Diego, CA

I interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

Interview Details – 2 Telephonic interviews

Interview Question – Be good at whatever you have mentioned in your resume   Answer Question

Manager, Business Development Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2010.

Interview Details – Meet with multiple executives from various disciplines. Engineering, business, finance. Pretty thorough process. Need a minimum education level (masters) to get into the door. Lots of PhDs hired as well. Multiple rounds for interviews to see about fit.

Interview Question – How to handle customers in a difficult situation.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy negotiation as they accepted all my demands. Push as hard as you can once you get an offer.

Analog Circuit Verification Intern (Graduate Level) Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2014.

Interview Details – The entire process took around three weeks. Applied through a referral. Was scheduled for two phone interviews on the same day. Was asked about a detailed description of the projects listed in resume that were relevant to the field of application. For every project , I was asked to explain about the testbench used, the input and design specifications, some issues that came up and how they were solved. General technical questions were asked only based on the project areas , so it is important to know the fundamentals of the project listed in the resume inside out. Non technical questions included general aspects like whether I have collaborated with big teams, what my specific areas of interest are and where my passion lies.

Interview Question – Analog Circuits : Since I had some project work in PLLs I was asked where exactly a flipflop or a delay element should be added in the PLL loop, to resolve a glitch or to ensure that the PLL locks.

Device Physics : How does mobility of electrons/holes vary with gate voltage in a MOSFET
  Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – 7 interviews with people from all levels
3 departments
Question level from informal chit-chat to very in depth technical

Interview Question – some questions were out of expertise area.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Neutral

Senior Digital Design Engineer Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online then contacted by email for phone interview. During call interviewer was very arrogant with poor english but good technical skills. I confused because of his speaking and mess up with very basic techical questions. At the end he asked if I have questions and after I asked he refused to answer (my questions was not related to confidential information). Advice to hiring managers - please choose nice people as an interviewer, this is first impression about your company. I am not going to personally apply for any more positions or to suggest somebody else.

Interview Question – Modify full precission adder to half precision.   View Answer

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Embedded Software Engineer
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in August 2013.

Interview Details – After the telephonic interview, I was asked for an on-site interview. The on-site interview had 7 back to back interviews. All the interviews are in different building locations and that was the biggest challenge. Some interviewers were late or were missing from their offices, so the interviews time had to be extended. I had no breather in-between those interviews as I had to literally run to catch up the other interviews on time. Overall a very bad experience.

Interview Question – Find a software bug from a code snippet. The code had something to do with malloc and calloc.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – I interviewed with 6 people; one of them took me out to lunch. Each interview was 45 minutes to an hour long. Interesting questions and great people. HR was bad - it took a very long time to hear back from them. I had other offers in hand so I had to continually reach out to them for feedback. They got back to me at the last minute with an offer. When I started the job, I was informed that I had been placed in a different role than the one I had interviewed for - I was not consulted on this change in role. I thought that this was very unprofessional.

Interview Question – A question about flip-flops - I was interviewing for an analog position so this was unexpected but I worked through the problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation allowed for a fresh graduate is what I was told. When I joined, I found out that this was not true and that I was very underpaid.

Web Software Engineer Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – My first interview was a technical phone screen for 30 mins with overall questions on my resume. After that I was selected for onsite in SD and had a whole day 5 hrs interview with all team members on 1:1 basis.
I had pretty good interview but unfortunately the main person who supposed to be a decision maker and boss of all the team members was missing in interview panel. I didnt got the offer and asked the HR for reason for not getting selected and her response was you did good but we dont have policy to share the interview feedback. I am still not able to find the reason of not having an offer.

Interview Question – All the questions were relevant to my technical skill set.   Answer Question

Interm Engineering Intern Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Applied after a career fair and was reached out to by an HR person about a month later. I had two interviews, where I was asked basic personality questions and about my technical experience.

Interview Question – Nothing too unexpected. Everything was straightforward and easy.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Qualcomm

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Qualcomm interview questions and advice in San Diego, CA. All 304 interview reviews posted anonymously by Qualcomm employees and interview candidates.