Qualcomm

3.1

393 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm.

I was rollover from Intern to Full Time, joined in 2004 unfortunately no joining bonus started with very low base salary.

Interview Questions
    • Had few technical questions related to OP-AMP, Schmidt trigger, Interrupts etc. I didn't have formal interview.   Answer Question
    Unfortunately I didn't negotiate.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in February 2014.

Had 3 technical 35-45 mins phone interviews for Software Engineering Position at QCT.
    1st Interview :

Asked everything mentioned on the resume. About each and every word. So I walked him through my resume answering all his questions.
    Technical Questions asked :
    1) Difference between Array and Linked List ?
    2) If i have a phone book to implement, which of the two would you use ? and Why ?
    3) In layman's term, explain CDMA and GSM and their differences.
    4) What is buffer overflow ?
    5) Asked everything about the projects that I had mentioned.

Later I was asked behavioral questions.

2nd Interview :
    Technical Questions asked :

1) Explain final, static keywords.
    2) Outputs of exception handling situations. Eg. Will Finally block be executed if catch block is not written ? When will system exit ? etc
    3) What is StringBuffer and StringBuilder ?
    4) What is singleton class ?
    5) Does Multiple inheritance exist in both, C++ and Java?
    6) Difference between C and Java.
    7) Difference between Array and LinkedList
    8) Asked a few questions on projects.

3rd Interview :
    Technical Questions asked :

1) Difference between C and Java.
    2) Explain Method Overloading
    3) Explain CDMA and LTE

Questions to test logical reasoning :

2) How would you test for Salt Cellar ? What all parameters would you consider for testing ?

Interview Questions
    • 1) How many Gas stations are there in the whole of USA ? ( Please do not come up with any arbitrary number. They do not want that ! )

Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in February 2014.

This interview was for a computer vision engineer and I worked with the HR department to schedule a phone interview.

The phone interviewer asked me about LoG function, Corner Detection and time complexities of the same. He seemed very capable and accomplished from his knowledge.

I was invited for an onsite interview and I had five rounds of onsite interview including a lunch interview.

Round 1: Hard interview with a principal engineer who knew his stuff. He asked questions about OpenGL, OpenCV, Homography, SIFT in gory detail.
    Round 2: I spoke a little about myself and then I was asked to develop algorithm and code to find index of a number in a 2D array which was sorted in ascending order both horizontally and vertically.
    Round 3: Lunch interview - a lot of questions about OO design, I was asked to print numbers in hexadecimal, I was asked about overhead of a class (including methods).
    Round 4: The hiring team lead asked a bunch of behavioral questions. Then he asked a couple of easy questions. One to twiddle nibbles in a number, another to insert a string within another.
    Round 5: The last interview was on computer vision and I was asked about RANSAC, k-d tree, SIFT, homography etc.

On rounds 2, 4 and 5 I explained about my PhD topic the other interviewers were not interested much.

Interview Questions
    • How do you calibrate a camera to find extrinsic parameters?   Answer Question
    I negotiated on the salary and got what I expected. I would recommend candidates to negotiate much more.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm.

HR emailed me that I was shortlisted and had to give 2 technical interviews. First tech interview was tuff with question mainly on C/C++ and on Opencv as my project was on that. 2nd Interviewer ws nice it was easy mainly asked C/C++, TCP/UDP, CDMA/LTE etc.... Now awaiting results..

Interview Questions
    • What is best way to design a destructor in a base class?   View Answer

Stoage Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online and was contacted for a initial phone screening from a couple of hiring managers who are sharing resumes for their positions. I performed very well in that interview. It was technical but also very relaxed and casual talk manner. I was told that they are interested in setting up for a in person interview at San Diego campus after a week. It was a paid expenses trip to San Diego. They provided car and good hotel accommodation. I was interviewed by 8 people in three interviews. It was very relaxed interviews and they ask you a lot of why this field, why this company, what do you expect from this role etc questions. it was not that much technical but sort of.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know about chip manufacturing process ?
      What different versions of NFS have you used and understood?

View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm.

The process was so good and i had very good interaction with all the members . Met 2 teams from Rf engineering to Software engineers. ALL questions were answered but i did not receive offer. I did not know their criteria of selection.

Interview Questions
    • code for playing music playlists in random order without repetition.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview process was very quick in my case and to the point.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to answer a lot of puzzle questions and one of them was the Dinning Philosophers problem. Answering the question was no problem but i had to provide analysis on the answer which was a little tricky.   Answer Question
    Very short. I'd recommend negotiating esp if you are assigned as a contract since the consultant ends up making more money than you do.

Digital Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in February 2014.

two people, each 45 minutes. One is from digital design group and the other one is from verification team.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Qualcomm in February 2014.

For me the hiring process involved only two phone calls. I was contacted by a recruiter and I scheduled my interview to be taken two days later. The first call was a technical one which asked me concepts of Operating systems, algorithms and networking. The call lasted for more than 45 minutes although it should end in 30 minutes. The second call was a mix of HR questions and technical questions. One week after the call only, they were impressed and offered me to come on board.

Interview Questions
    • In the second phone call I was asked to name my favorite language for programming, which I gave as C. So followup on that question, the person asked me to give solution so that when they write programs for like adding numbers, they should provide generic datatype, and it should support future datatypes which may be introduced later. For that I had taken almost 15 minutes and thought I would not be able to pass that.   View Answer
    No I was not able to negotiate as they had strict policy to give same benefits to each and every intern.

Senior Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in February 2014.

Applied online then contacted by email for phone interview. During call interviewer was very arrogant with poor english but good technical skills. I confused because of his speaking and mess up with very basic techical questions. At the end he asked if I have questions and after I asked he refused to answer (my questions was not related to confidential information). Advice to hiring managers - please choose nice people as an interviewer, this is first impression about your company. I am not going to personally apply for any more positions or to suggest somebody else.

Interview Questions
    • Modify full precission adder to half precision.   View Answer