Qualcomm Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

Updated Jul 2, 2015

3.1

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

joined full time from consulting - not much to discuss.
    most of the question are related to Networking and Wi-Fi
     asked basic programming concepts and extensive questions on previous projects

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Approached through staffing agency. Scheduled phone interview within a week. Initial technical phone screening. Then scheduled for 4-5 rounds of 1:1 interview. Interviewer were all team members with experience of 4-5 years.

Interview Questions

• All related to job experience. Coding questions. technology specific questions. Asked about academic projects, internship experience on resume.   Answer Question

CR&D LTE Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The process consisted of 2 rounds,a screening and a technical round.
    The screening process was fairly simple,general discussion about background, such as tell em abut yourself. The interviewer discussed about the company in detail, and the responsibilities in this position.
    The next round was technical, fundamental questions in digital communications, MIMO, channel coding, diversity, modulation

Interview Questions

• Very conceptual questions such as why source coding before channel coding?   Answer Question

Low Power Design Implementation Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

They were extremely organized with respect to the interview process and everyone on the team was very nice and respectful. Asked basic questions on digital design as well as some advanced topics. Interview was very long and tedious with 8 people asking questions back to back. Even if you dont know the answer, try your hardest and let the interviewer know your thought process.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer gave a puzzle to solve, which was actually kind of fun.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview with human resources coordinator
    2 phone interviews with hiring manager
    In-person interview with a staffing specialist to begin the on-site interview process
    In-person interview (panel style with 4 directors, 1 manager, 1 VP); lasted 1 hour; informal in nature

Interview Questions

• Started inview asking if I had any questions
      Pop-psychology questions were strange

Answer Question

Contract Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Phone Interview with 4 people at the same time, couldn't hear clearly some of the questions.

Hardware Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Pro-Telephone Interview went well. I was asked about different items on my resume.

Con- Even though I had to big projects which would have really benefited the company I did not get an in-person interview. Should have known since the Interviewer seems like he didn't understand what I was saying.

Interview Questions

• C/C++ programming questions which weren't really hard.   2 Answers

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

7 interviews with people from all levels
    3 departments
    Question level from informal chit-chat to very in depth technical

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Neutral

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I interviewed with 6 people; one of them took me out to lunch. Each interview was 45 minutes to an hour long. Interesting questions and great people. HR was bad - it took a very long time to hear back from them. I had other offers in hand so I had to continually reach out to them for feedback. They got back to me at the last minute with an offer. When I started the job, I was informed that I had been placed in a different role than the one I had interviewed for - I was not consulted on this change in role. I thought that this was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• A question about flip-flops - I was interviewing for an analog position so this was unexpected but I worked through the problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation allowed for a fresh graduate is what I was told. When I joined, I found out that this was not true and that I was very underpaid.

Web Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

My first interview was a technical phone screen for 30 mins with overall questions on my resume. After that I was selected for onsite in SD and had a whole day 5 hrs interview with all team members on 1:1 basis.
    I had pretty good interview but unfortunately the main person who supposed to be a decision maker and boss of all the team members was missing in interview panel. I didnt got the offer and asked the HR for reason for not getting selected and her response was you did good but we dont have policy to share the interview feedback. I am still not able to find the reason of not having an offer.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were relevant to my technical skill set.   Answer Question