Qualcomm Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

Updated Jul 2, 2015

3.1

Interm Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Applied after a career fair and was reached out to by an HR person about a month later. I had two interviews, where I was asked basic personality questions and about my technical experience.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected. Everything was straightforward and easy.   Answer Question

Analog Circuit Verification Intern (Graduate Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

The entire process took around three weeks. Applied through a referral. Was scheduled for two phone interviews on the same day. Was asked about a detailed description of the projects listed in resume that were relevant to the field of application. For every project , I was asked to explain about the testbench used, the input and design specifications, some issues that came up and how they were solved. General technical questions were asked only based on the project areas , so it is important to know the fundamentals of the project listed in the resume inside out. Non technical questions included general aspects like whether I have collaborated with big teams, what my specific areas of interest are and where my passion lies.

Interview Questions

• Analog Circuits : Since I had some project work in PLLs I was asked where exactly a flipflop or a delay element should be added in the PLL loop, to resolve a glitch or to ensure that the PLL locks.

Device Physics : How does mobility of electrons/holes vary with gate voltage in a MOSFET

Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Started with a phone screen (there may be multiple depending on your impact on the first one). If we like you, then we will call you in for an on-site interview. For experienced positions, you will generally interview with 4-5 people from the same group. If you are a new grad, it will likely be across groups. Each interview is 45 min with time for you to ask questions. General structure is 15 min talking about the company/position/group/technology; 15 minutes about you and your background/experience; 15 minutes of technical questions and programming questions. Once the interview is complete, you will get feedback from HR and if you are offered a position, it will proceed with the offer details/negotiations.

Interview Questions

• Some weaknesses that you wish to improve?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Bonus is negotiable. Options are probably negotiable. Vacation is not. Start date is. Salary is negotiable within the range and experience of existing engineers at your level.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Had 3 technical 35-45 mins phone interviews for Software Engineering Position at QCT.
    1st Interview :

Asked everything mentioned on the resume. About each and every word. So I walked him through my resume answering all his questions.
    Technical Questions asked :
    1) Difference between Array and Linked List ?
    2) If i have a phone book to implement, which of the two would you use ? and Why ?
    3) In layman's term, explain CDMA and GSM and their differences.
    4) What is buffer overflow ?
    5) Asked everything about the projects that I had mentioned.

Later I was asked behavioral questions.

2nd Interview :
    Technical Questions asked :

1) Explain final, static keywords.
    2) Outputs of exception handling situations. Eg. Will Finally block be executed if catch block is not written ? When will system exit ? etc
    3) What is StringBuffer and StringBuilder ?
    4) What is singleton class ?
    5) Does Multiple inheritance exist in both, C++ and Java?
    6) Difference between C and Java.
    7) Difference between Array and LinkedList
    8) Asked a few questions on projects.

3rd Interview :
    Technical Questions asked :

1) Difference between C and Java.
    2) Explain Method Overloading
    3) Explain CDMA and LTE

Questions to test logical reasoning :

2) How would you test for Salt Cellar ? What all parameters would you consider for testing ?

Interview Questions

• 1) How many Gas stations are there in the whole of USA ? ( Please do not come up with any arbitrary number. They do not want that ! )

Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I was rollover from Intern to Full Time, joined in 2004 unfortunately no joining bonus started with very low base salary.

Interview Questions

• Had few technical questions related to OP-AMP, Schmidt trigger, Interrupts etc. I didn't have formal interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unfortunately I didn't negotiate.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

This interview was for a computer vision engineer and I worked with the HR department to schedule a phone interview.

The phone interviewer asked me about LoG function, Corner Detection and time complexities of the same. He seemed very capable and accomplished from his knowledge.

I was invited for an onsite interview and I had five rounds of onsite interview including a lunch interview.

Round 1: Hard interview with a principal engineer who knew his stuff. He asked questions about OpenGL, OpenCV, Homography, SIFT in gory detail.
    Round 2: I spoke a little about myself and then I was asked to develop algorithm and code to find index of a number in a 2D array which was sorted in ascending order both horizontally and vertically.
    Round 3: Lunch interview - a lot of questions about OO design, I was asked to print numbers in hexadecimal, I was asked about overhead of a class (including methods).
    Round 4: The hiring team lead asked a bunch of behavioral questions. Then he asked a couple of easy questions. One to twiddle nibbles in a number, another to insert a string within another.
    Round 5: The last interview was on computer vision and I was asked about RANSAC, k-d tree, SIFT, homography etc.

On rounds 2, 4 and 5 I explained about my PhD topic the other interviewers were not interested much.

Interview Questions

• How do you calibrate a camera to find extrinsic parameters?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated on the salary and got what I expected. I would recommend candidates to negotiate much more.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

HR emailed me that I was shortlisted and had to give 2 technical interviews. First tech interview was tuff with question mainly on C/C++ and on Opencv as my project was on that. 2nd Interviewer ws nice it was easy mainly asked C/C++, TCP/UDP, CDMA/LTE etc.... Now awaiting results..

Interview Questions

• What is best way to design a destructor in a base class?   1 Answer

Stoage Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for a initial phone screening from a couple of hiring managers who are sharing resumes for their positions. I performed very well in that interview. It was technical but also very relaxed and casual talk manner. I was told that they are interested in setting up for a in person interview at San Diego campus after a week. It was a paid expenses trip to San Diego. They provided car and good hotel accommodation. I was interviewed by 8 people in three interviews. It was very relaxed interviews and they ask you a lot of why this field, why this company, what do you expect from this role etc questions. it was not that much technical but sort of.

Interview Questions

• Do you know about chip manufacturing process ?
      What different versions of NFS have you used and understood?

1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Interview process was very quick in my case and to the point.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to answer a lot of puzzle questions and one of them was the Dinning Philosophers problem. Answering the question was no problem but i had to provide analysis on the answer which was a little tricky.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very short. I'd recommend negotiating esp if you are assigned as a contract since the consultant ends up making more money than you do.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The process was so good and i had very good interaction with all the members . Met 2 teams from Rf engineering to Software engineers. ALL questions were answered but i did not receive offer. I did not know their criteria of selection.

Interview Questions

• code for playing music playlists in random order without repetition.   Answer Question