Qualcomm Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

3.1

387 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analog Circuit Verification Intern (Graduate Level) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2014.

The entire process took around three weeks. Applied through a referral. Was scheduled for two phone interviews on the same day. Was asked about a detailed description of the projects listed in resume that were relevant to the field of application. For every project , I was asked to explain about the testbench used, the input and design specifications, some issues that came up and how they were solved. General technical questions were asked only based on the project areas , so it is important to know the fundamentals of the project listed in the resume inside out. Non technical questions included general aspects like whether I have collaborated with big teams, what my specific areas of interest are and where my passion lies.

Interview Questions
    • Analog Circuits : Since I had some project work in PLLs I was asked where exactly a flipflop or a delay element should be added in the PLL loop, to resolve a glitch or to ensure that the PLL locks.

Device Physics : How does mobility of electrons/holes vary with gate voltage in a MOSFET
        Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Qualcomm.

7 interviews with people from all levels
    3 departments
    Question level from informal chit-chat to very in depth technical

Neutral

Senior Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2014.

Applied online then contacted by email for phone interview. During call interviewer was very arrogant with poor english but good technical skills. I confused because of his speaking and mess up with very basic techical questions. At the end he asked if I have questions and after I asked he refused to answer (my questions was not related to confidential information). Advice to hiring managers - please choose nice people as an interviewer, this is first impression about your company. I am not going to personally apply for any more positions or to suggest somebody else.

Interview Questions
    • Modify full precission adder to half precision.   View Answer

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in August 2013.

After the telephonic interview, I was asked for an on-site interview. The on-site interview had 7 back to back interviews. All the interviews are in different building locations and that was the biggest challenge. Some interviewers were late or were missing from their offices, so the interviews time had to be extended. I had no breather in-between those interviews as I had to literally run to catch up the other interviews on time. Overall a very bad experience.

Interview Questions
    • Find a software bug from a code snippet. The code had something to do with malloc and calloc.   Answer Question

Web Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

My first interview was a technical phone screen for 30 mins with overall questions on my resume. After that I was selected for onsite in SD and had a whole day 5 hrs interview with all team members on 1:1 basis.
    I had pretty good interview but unfortunately the main person who supposed to be a decision maker and boss of all the team members was missing in interview panel. I didnt got the offer and asked the HR for reason for not getting selected and her response was you did good but we dont have policy to share the interview feedback. I am still not able to find the reason of not having an offer.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were relevant to my technical skill set.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Qualcomm.

I interviewed with 6 people; one of them took me out to lunch. Each interview was 45 minutes to an hour long. Interesting questions and great people. HR was bad - it took a very long time to hear back from them. I had other offers in hand so I had to continually reach out to them for feedback. They got back to me at the last minute with an offer. When I started the job, I was informed that I had been placed in a different role than the one I had interviewed for - I was not consulted on this change in role. I thought that this was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • A question about flip-flops - I was interviewing for an analog position so this was unexpected but I worked through the problem.   Answer Question
    No negotiation allowed for a fresh graduate is what I was told. When I joined, I found out that this was not true and that I was very underpaid.

Interm Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Applied after a career fair and was reached out to by an HR person about a month later. I had two interviews, where I was asked basic personality questions and about my technical experience.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected. Everything was straightforward and easy.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2014.

Had 3 technical 35-45 mins phone interviews for Software Engineering Position at QCT.
    1st Interview :

Asked everything mentioned on the resume. About each and every word. So I walked him through my resume answering all his questions.
    Technical Questions asked :
    1) Difference between Array and Linked List ?
    2) If i have a phone book to implement, which of the two would you use ? and Why ?
    3) In layman's term, explain CDMA and GSM and their differences.
    4) What is buffer overflow ?
    5) Asked everything about the projects that I had mentioned.

Later I was asked behavioral questions.

2nd Interview :
    Technical Questions asked :

1) Explain final, static keywords.
    2) Outputs of exception handling situations. Eg. Will Finally block be executed if catch block is not written ? When will system exit ? etc
    3) What is StringBuffer and StringBuilder ?
    4) What is singleton class ?
    5) Does Multiple inheritance exist in both, C++ and Java?
    6) Difference between C and Java.
    7) Difference between Array and LinkedList
    8) Asked a few questions on projects.

3rd Interview :
    Technical Questions asked :

1) Difference between C and Java.
    2) Explain Method Overloading
    3) Explain CDMA and LTE

Questions to test logical reasoning :

2) How would you test for Salt Cellar ? What all parameters would you consider for testing ?

Interview Questions
    • 1) How many Gas stations are there in the whole of USA ? ( Please do not come up with any arbitrary number. They do not want that ! )
        Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2010.

Interviews for engineering jobs are always technical and can involve 3-6 current team members as interviewers. Answering questions with experience, logic, and judgement. When you don't know the answer, ask reasonable questions and get help. Do not try to mumble your way out.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question is one that you are not expected to know. That said, interviewers ask the question to see how you respond and how you gather the clues to devise a solution.   Answer Question

Stoage Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online and was contacted for a initial phone screening from a couple of hiring managers who are sharing resumes for their positions. I performed very well in that interview. It was technical but also very relaxed and casual talk manner. I was told that they are interested in setting up for a in person interview at San Diego campus after a week. It was a paid expenses trip to San Diego. They provided car and good hotel accommodation. I was interviewed by 8 people in three interviews. It was very relaxed interviews and they ask you a lot of why this field, why this company, what do you expect from this role etc questions. it was not that much technical but sort of.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know about chip manufacturing process ?
      What different versions of NFS have you used and understood?
        View Answer