Qualcomm

Updated Feb 19, 2015

3.1

Senior Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in February 2014.

Applied online then contacted by email for phone interview. During call interviewer was very arrogant with poor english but good technical skills. I confused because of his speaking and mess up with very basic techical questions. At the end he asked if I have questions and after I asked he refused to answer (my questions was not related to confidential information). Advice to hiring managers - please choose nice people as an interviewer, this is first impression about your company. I am not going to personally apply for any more positions or to suggest somebody else.

Interview Questions
    • Modify full precission adder to half precision.   View Answer

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm.

This was by far the worst interview experience that I've ever had. I thought this big company would have their stuff together... I guess not!

I received my schedule days before and would be speaking with four people. I was excited.

I did a lot of pre-work. I had a list of notes and questions and felt very prepared. But none of my pre-work mattered.

First interviewer: The hiring manager looked at his computer screen most of our conversation. He kept yawning and acted distracted. Never saw him again.
    Second interviewer: The director was very nice and lovely. No complaints.
    Third interviewer: Printed my resume right in front of me then moved us to a busy open area for the interview. I had someone sit right next to me as I was trying to answer questions - very distracting.
    Fourth interviewer: No show. I waited 15 minutes, he didn't show up. the 3rd interviewer returned and said "He's on a phone call. I think we're done." Those were the exact words... 'I think we're done."

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in December 2013.

After a short phone interview, I was invited to onsite interview

Interview Questions
    • Give me some C source codes, ask me to find the bug inside this code. Mostly focus on my previous research and projects.   Answer Question

Server Testing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in December 2013.

One phone interview, just asked some questions about resume and previous projects. 7 rounds for on-site interview, asked about Java, Database, C programming and basic algorithm, and scenario questions about testing. Database questions related to "group by", "having" etc. Math question include how to swap two numbers without using extra space. Scenario questions are those in which they describe some malfunction problem and let you analysis and figure out what might be wrong.

Interview Questions
    • I have not reviewed database before the interview, so I have forgotten almost all the SQL language and thus this part becomes very difficult for me.   View Answer

Intern-MAC/Phys Layer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2013.

I had two phone interviews for the same position.

Interview Questions
    • In the first interview he asked prob question such as taking balls from bowl and joint gaussian. and basic communication about shadowing, flat fading, doppler spread. He also asked about proportional fairness scheduling.
      The second one asked from MIMO and LMMSE and waterfilling. and also she asked from my research.

Answer Question

Signal Integrity Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2013.

Applied directly on the company website and got an email from HR after about two or three months inviting me for a phone interview. The interviewer was very technical and getting directly to the point. After about two or three weeks I was invited for an onsite interview. Everything was well organised and the people seemed to be nice. However this was a full day of technical questions on the white board and I felt exhausted by the end of it.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were covering lots of technical details ranging from explaining the simulation flow at the actual work place to academic Ph.D. dissertation. If you don’t work in this field and have real experience is better to don’t waste your time.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in November 2013.

Interview Process took approximately 3 weeks. Was contacted for an initial phone interview by the hiring manager and then scheduled for on-site interviews with 4 other individuals.

Interview Questions
    • Conversational Interview Questions - walk me thru your resume, why qualcomm, etc.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in November 2013.

Two phone interviews: one with my mentor and the other one with a senior engineer in the team.
    I worked with both mostly during my internship. They have asked questions based on my resume, regarding problem definitions, algorithms, future works and so forth. Each interview was for 30-45 min. One right after the other.

Interview Questions
    • They basically went through my resume and told me to explain for the ones matching technical skills and experiences required to perform their project.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiated.

Mixed-Signal IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2013.

I've had about 50 minutes' phone interview.
    The interviewer gave me information about the position for 5 minutes,
    and asked me to freely introduce what I've done before for 5 minutes.
    Then, technical questions continued for 40 minutes.
    Starting from system-level conceptual questions,
    the interviewer asked about details of CMOS circuits.

Interview Questions
    • MOS Transistor level quizzes.
      About nonlinear charge injection, opamp's gain error, etc.
      Basics are always important.

Answer Question

Staff Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2013.

I applied online, passed the phone interview which was not very technical. The on-site interview had 7 rounds. They ask me a lot about ARM processor architecture and C++ questions.

Interview Questions
    • You should know your resume well because they will challenge you a lot about your previous work   Answer Question

5 weeks after receiving verbal offer from HR with an average compensation package, they could not proceed to give me the formal offer. I've been told they freeze the hiring. This is absolutely unacceptable. A company should be assured that they can increase their head-counts before interviewing people.