Qualcomm Interview Questions in San Diego, CA

Updated Mar 16, 2015

3.1

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in November 2013.

Interview Process took approximately 3 weeks. Was contacted for an initial phone interview by the hiring manager and then scheduled for on-site interviews with 4 other individuals.

Interview Questions
    • Conversational Interview Questions - walk me thru your resume, why qualcomm, etc.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in November 2013.

Two phone interviews: one with my mentor and the other one with a senior engineer in the team.
    I worked with both mostly during my internship. They have asked questions based on my resume, regarding problem definitions, algorithms, future works and so forth. Each interview was for 30-45 min. One right after the other.

Interview Questions
    • They basically went through my resume and told me to explain for the ones matching technical skills and experiences required to perform their project.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiated.

Mixed-Signal IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2013.

I've had about 50 minutes' phone interview.
    The interviewer gave me information about the position for 5 minutes,
    and asked me to freely introduce what I've done before for 5 minutes.
    Then, technical questions continued for 40 minutes.
    Starting from system-level conceptual questions,
    the interviewer asked about details of CMOS circuits.

Interview Questions
    • MOS Transistor level quizzes.
      About nonlinear charge injection, opamp's gain error, etc.
      Basics are always important.

Answer Question

Staff Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2013.

I applied online, passed the phone interview which was not very technical. The on-site interview had 7 rounds. They ask me a lot about ARM processor architecture and C++ questions.

Interview Questions
    • You should know your resume well because they will challenge you a lot about your previous work   Answer Question

5 weeks after receiving verbal offer from HR with an average compensation package, they could not proceed to give me the formal offer. I've been told they freeze the hiring. This is absolutely unacceptable. A company should be assured that they can increase their head-counts before interviewing people.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2013.

I was offered an interview on campus. It was just one round. I talked to a software engineer for about an hour discussing some general technical knowledge questions that ranged from object-oriented design to operating systems to reading code and understanding what it does. I also had a question showing me some variations of how to implement a method and I was supposed to describe an issue with each solution.

About a week later I got a call with an offer. Everyone I talked to was really friendly. They seem like a really great group of people to work with.

Interview Questions
    • Given a byte, rearrange the bits so that bit0 gets swapped with bit7, bit1 gets swapped with bit6, etc.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2013.

I got the opportunity to do an on-site interview after a quick phone interview. The campus is pretty nice. Although traveling between different buildings makes me a little dazed. The interview itself is smoothy, and interviewers are professional. Even you can not completely solve the problem the interviewer gives, they would give you hints and clues to solve it. I believe they wanna see your ability to solve an unexpected problem instead of repeat what you have already known.

Interview Questions
    • What is the best data structure for solving an Tic-tac-toe game (that's the name I know after the interview)?
      How to delete a number in a int type linked list without knowing the head of the list?

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Had a phone interview. Selected onsite three days later. Went onsite with 6 people including HR. Questions are not so difficult. But didn't get the offer.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2013.

I have been called for the interview after resume screening in Campus Career fair. I had two rounds of interview. First round is a software round, where I was tested in data structures like linked list, trees. There was a question on FSM design too. The Second round was a hardware round, where I was asked to draw synthesized hardware for a verilog program. Second question was to draw a timing diagram for a sequential circuit. Third question was to implement a 3 input nand gate using 2 to 1 mux.

Interview Questions
    • Assume a directory tree with each child represent a directory inside the root directory, Write a program to calculate the total disk space for the root directory. Assume what ever you want.   View Answer

Low-level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2013.

1. phone: 2 round phone screens from 2 teams, each last about 50 minutes. About resume and OS problems.

2. onsite: 5 round. Much knowledge in OS, RTOS, C and coding.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Initial HR Phone interview followed by a quick manager phone call (if I am correct).
    Then was flown down to San Diego for on-site. In the process was interviewed and considered for 2 different positions. Had 4 interviews on-site including with the HR. Lunch was included.The process was well organized both on the phone. All arrangements we were well handled. Excellent interview arrangements and treatment of candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly common behavioural questions on how you handle situations   Answer Question