Qualcomm

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2013.

Interview Details – The interview took about 40 minutes. It was kind of enjoyable. The hiring manager first asked me about my previous experience and He actually let me talk. He didn't interrupt me with any kind of question. Then he formulated specials scenarios and what would I do in those situations. For example, what could go wrong or why the software could stop working if the system where the software is running is updated to a faster system? Finally he asked me how to multiply two 64bit integers with a 32 bit only microprocessor.

Interview Question – What could go wrong or why the software could stop working if the system where the software is running is updated to a faster system?   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2014.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews and one on-site interview

Interview Question – it was not that difficult.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Senior Systems Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2011.

Interview Details – Technical interviews with 5 employees and answered various questions from career path to background

Interview Question – What is the assumption of RLS algorithm   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Talk to HR and then bargain with the managers

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2013.

Interview Details – Interview took 1 month. Phone interview came 2 weeks after resume submission on their site. I was brought in for on-site and answered all questions well. Was asked to write C code and explained some basic RF concept.

Interview Question – Talk about how to verify if an RF amplifier is operating in its linear mode?   View Answers (4)

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – I applied online and had an in-person recommendation from someone who works at the company. They emailed me to do 2 rounds of technical phone interviews. The interviewers were really nice and helpful. The interviews were about the courses I took in graduate school (I am on my way to PhD by the way), about Probability, Detection/Estimation Theory, Wireless Communications and Signals and Systems. Most were basic things, like definitions of simple things like fading, stability of a filter and so on. I was asked to do some computations on detection in Gaussian channel like error probabilities and detection regions. I was also asked some brain teasers like coin weighing problems. Then I was asked to do an additional third round of interview with similar problems. All the interviewers were nice and helpful.

Interview Question – I more or less knew what the interview would be like, so there was no unexpected question. I guess the problem I had the most difficulty was the brainteaser, a coin weighing problem with faulty coins. You have N coins out of which one is heavier. How many uses of the scale do you need to find it? The second part, now you don't know if it is heavier or lighter. How many uses of the scale do you now need to do? Then you need to relate this to a problem in information and coding theory.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Since this is an internship, I don't think you can negotiate much. I just took the offer they gave me and the pay is pretty competitive.

RF Test Bench Engineer Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2014.

Interview Details – Couple of quick and easy phone interviews. Followed by one onsite interview that lasted the entire day with 9 different people. 8 hours is a LONG time to interview. Tough to stay focused all the way to the end with just bathroom breaks and a half hour lunch.

Most of the interviews were relaxed, but some where extremely intense. It all depended on the person doing the interviewing.

Interview Question – -Asked to draw a block diagram of a radio transmitter and receiver.
-Asked the various components and contributors to noise figure and methods to calculate a systems noise figure.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I decided the silicon test was a bit to nuanced. I prefer system test design. Also the communication was not great with the hiring manager, which just gave me a negative vibe. After a decade in the industry, I have learned to trust my instincts.

Verification Engineer Interview

Verification Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2013.

Interview Details – it was a nice interview. location in santa clara

Interview Question – it was not that difficult.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2012.

Interview Details – 4 telephonic technical interviews based on operating systems, data structures and algorithms

Interview Question – Unexpected question was about the java project which I did in my ug   Answer Question

Digital Design Engineer Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Applied online. Got an email asking if available. Had two rounds of phone interview. Was asked about previous work and projects, no technical questions. Was offered an Intern position and full time at the end of the internship

Interview Question – No unexpected or difficult question.   Answer Question

Test Methodology Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

Interview Details – The interviewer called me and described the nature of job at the beginning. Then he started asking me some questions about OFDM. Benefits of OFDM? How to solve ISI? What is frequency selective fading? What is BER of QPSK and BPSK?

Interview Question – What is the meaning of negative part in frequency spectrum?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Qualcomm

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Qualcomm interview questions and advice in San Jose, CA. All 42 interview reviews posted anonymously by Qualcomm employees and interview candidates.