Qualcomm Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Aug 22, 2015

3.3

Build and Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who was very persistent when it came to setting up the phone screen and on-site interviews. After the phone screen, I was invited on-site the next day. I had heard that Qualcomm was a pretty male dominated company but I was shocked by just how true that was. Waiting in the lobby for about 20 mins for my interviewer, I saw about 50 men walk by and about 4 women. I was interviewed by 2 Indian males. The interview questions weren't too hard, but the guys never seemed to be satisfied by my answers and always responded with "Well, we were looking more for you to tell us (this)." I had mixed feelings about the interview, but was expecting feedback the next day or early the next week since my recruiter said they were moving fast. More than 2 weeks have gone by and I never heard back from my recruiter even after sending a follow-up email a week later. Extremely unprofessional. If you are not an Indian, Asian, or White male, I suggest you don't even bother interviewing here.

Interview Questions

• Q: Reverse a list in Python Q: How would you test a phone field?   Answer Question

Director of Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process started off with a half hour phone call screening from the hiring manager. The manager started by giving a brief description of the job and it's responsibilities and then proceeded by asking a specific lists of questions. Most of the questions were related to my past work experience and also why I am leaving my current position. After the phone interview, I was invited to a one-on-one on-site interview with the hiring manager. The on-site interview was divided into two parts. The first part was on product marketing skills and the second on technical skills. I did well on the product marketing skills secion as the questions were in line with my current and past working experience. I only performed average on the technical questions as they were in an area where I have little work experience in and he never asked questions in areas where I have a lot of experience in. To be fair, the job required technical expertise in both areas but unfortunately his interviews focused on the area where I did not have much experience in. Oveall, it was a good experience as I was also able to learn from the interview about my weak areas.

Interview Questions

• Asked about past job experiences, why I want to leave my current position, and some technical questions.   1 Answer

Senior WLAN Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by email to schedule a phone interview which lasted 45 mins. The interviewer asked me a lot of technical questions related to networking, WLAN, Software development. I was contacted after 2 weeks saying my software development skill were not adequate for the position.

VI and DVT Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

i got a call from the team at the time specified. They asked me questions about my academic projects and about the languages i know. I explained to them about my projects and towards the end i asked them what my role would be. They told me that it was related to testing.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your academic projects   1 Answer
    • which languages are you comfortable with?   1 Answer

Analog Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I finished my interview with a Phone interview from a manager. I uploaded my resume to a talent pool, got an email immediately. Next day, I had a screen phone call interview. The following day, I was kindly rejected as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• I was mostly asked about my resume over the phone. The talk was not easy due to dialect and fast paced questions that were asked without specific details. Very hard communications. It seemed like they were in a rush to find someone who can do the job right away. I did not get any other interviews since I felt that they wanted someone that can design the product right away.   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA).

Interview

great interview team efforts. relax and no pressure. willing to go deep in technology if asked by candidate. focusing on culture/value not just technology and skill know how. interview time used effectively. May have a 3 steps for interview process total includes phone screen, 1x1 (team and managers), 1x1 (VP of Operation)

Interview Questions

• why you want to leave your current employee? what is your current base salary? what would be the most three things you like in your work careers that made you proud?   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I just go through the phone interview and it took about 1 hour, a liitle long, it is a techinical interviews. Start with projects in resume, then come with coding questions with algorithm and data structure. Then come with questions of digital logic and verification.

Staff Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

A technical phone interview with a list of questions to answer, then an onsite interview. The HR staff also called and asked questions before the onsite interview. The process from applying it online to getting an email requesting for phone interview took about one month. Two weeks after the onsite interview, received an email from HR saying that an offer was not given.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot about RF questions (noise figure, IQ imbalance, IMD, IP3, TOI, NF, VSWR, phase noise), and asked to make derivations in some cases. Also asked Q function question. Also asked some data structure and programming questions. Went over resumes in details and asked related technical questions as well.   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews and one on-site interview

Interim Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online and also submitted resume at Career fair. Got a call for summer intern and had 2 phone interviews. First interview was entirely about verilog basics and verifying a FIFO. Second interview was about one of my projects and also OS basics like semaphores and memory management. Had a really good conversation about the position and expected work.

Interview Questions

• How would you thoroughly verify a FIFO design in Verilog?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fixed salary for interns but amazing perks. So no need for negotiation.