Qualcomm Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

3.3

56 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm.

great interview team efforts. relax and no pressure. willing to go deep in technology if asked by candidate. focusing on culture/value not just technology and skill know how. interview time used effectively. May have a 3 steps for interview process total includes phone screen, 1x1 (team and managers), 1x1 (VP of Operation)

Interview Questions
    • why you want to leave your current employee? what is your current base salary? what would be the most three things you like in your work careers that made you proud?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm in July 2014.

I just go through the phone interview and it took about 1 hour, a liitle long, it is a techinical interviews. Start with projects in resume, then come with coding questions with algorithm and data structure. Then come with questions of digital logic and verification.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in March 2014.

2 phone interviews and one on-site interview

Interim Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in February 2014.

Applied online and also submitted resume at Career fair. Got a call for summer intern and had 2 phone interviews.
    First interview was entirely about verilog basics and verifying a FIFO. Second interview was about one of my projects and also OS basics like semaphores and memory management. Had a really good conversation about the position and expected work.

Interview Questions
    • How would you thoroughly verify a FIFO design in Verilog?   Answer Question
    Fixed salary for interns but amazing perks. So no need for negotiation.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

I applied online and had an in-person recommendation from someone who works at the company. They emailed me to do 2 rounds of technical phone interviews. The interviewers were really nice and helpful. The interviews were about the courses I took in graduate school (I am on my way to PhD by the way), about Probability, Detection/Estimation Theory, Wireless Communications and Signals and Systems. Most were basic things, like definitions of simple things like fading, stability of a filter and so on. I was asked to do some computations on detection in Gaussian channel like error probabilities and detection regions. I was also asked some brain teasers like coin weighing problems. Then I was asked to do an additional third round of interview with similar problems. All the interviewers were nice and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • I more or less knew what the interview would be like, so there was no unexpected question. I guess the problem I had the most difficulty was the brainteaser, a coin weighing problem with faulty coins. You have N coins out of which one is heavier. How many uses of the scale do you need to find it? The second part, now you don't know if it is heavier or lighter. How many uses of the scale do you now need to do? Then you need to relate this to a problem in information and coding theory.   View Answer
    Since this is an internship, I don't think you can negotiate much. I just took the offer they gave me and the pay is pretty competitive.

RF Test Bench Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2014.

Couple of quick and easy phone interviews. Followed by one onsite interview that lasted the entire day with 9 different people. 8 hours is a LONG time to interview. Tough to stay focused all the way to the end with just bathroom breaks and a half hour lunch.

Most of the interviews were relaxed, but some where extremely intense. It all depended on the person doing the interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • -Asked to draw a block diagram of a radio transmitter and receiver.
      -Asked the various components and contributors to noise figure and methods to calculate a systems noise figure.
        Answer Question

I decided the silicon test was a bit to nuanced. I prefer system test design. Also the communication was not great with the hiring manager, which just gave me a negative vibe. After a decade in the industry, I have learned to trust my instincts.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in December 2013.

Interview took 1 month. Phone interview came 2 weeks after resume submission on their site. I was brought in for on-site and answered all questions well. Was asked to write C code and explained some basic RF concept.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about how to verify if an RF amplifier is operating in its linear mode?   View Answers (4)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2013.

it was a nice interview. location in santa clara

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Applied online. Got an email asking if available. Had two rounds of phone interview. Was asked about previous work and projects, no technical questions. Was offered an Intern position and full time at the end of the internship

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in September 2013.

The interview took about 40 minutes. It was kind of enjoyable. The hiring manager first asked me about my previous experience and He actually let me talk. He didn't interrupt me with any kind of question. Then he formulated specials scenarios and what would I do in those situations. For example, what could go wrong or why the software could stop working if the system where the software is running is updated to a faster system? Finally he asked me how to multiply two 64bit integers with a 32 bit only microprocessor.

Interview Questions
    • What could go wrong or why the software could stop working if the system where the software is running is updated to a faster system?   View Answer