Qualcomm Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Jun 29, 2015

3.2

Director of Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process started off with a half hour phone call screening from the hiring manager. The manager started by giving a brief description of the job and it's responsibilities and then proceeded by asking a specific lists of questions. Most of the questions were related to my past work experience and also why I am leaving my current position. After the phone interview, I was invited to a one-on-one on-site interview with the hiring manager. The on-site interview was divided into two parts. The first part was on product marketing skills and the second on technical skills. I did well on the product marketing skills secion as the questions were in line with my current and past working experience. I only performed average on the technical questions as they were in an area where I have little work experience in and he never asked questions in areas where I have a lot of experience in. To be fair, the job required technical expertise in both areas but unfortunately his interviews focused on the area where I did not have much experience in. Oveall, it was a good experience as I was also able to learn from the interview about my weak areas.

Interview Questions

• Asked about past job experiences, why I want to leave my current position, and some technical questions.   Answer Question

Senior WLAN Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by email to schedule a phone interview which lasted 45 mins. The interviewer asked me a lot of technical questions related to networking, WLAN, Software development. I was contacted after 2 weeks saying my software development skill were not adequate for the position.

VI and DVT Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

i got a call from the team at the time specified. They asked me questions about my academic projects and about the languages i know. I explained to them about my projects and towards the end i asked them what my role would be. They told me that it was related to testing.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your academic projects   1 Answer
    • which languages are you comfortable with?   1 Answer

Analog Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I finished my interview with a Phone interview from a manager. I uploaded my resume to a talent pool, got an email immediately. Next day, I had a screen phone call interview. The following day, I was kindly rejected as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• I was mostly asked about my resume over the phone. The talk was not easy due to dialect and fast paced questions that were asked without specific details. Very hard communications. It seemed like they were in a rush to find someone who can do the job right away. I did not get any other interviews since I felt that they wanted someone that can design the product right away.   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA).

Interview

great interview team efforts. relax and no pressure. willing to go deep in technology if asked by candidate. focusing on culture/value not just technology and skill know how. interview time used effectively. May have a 3 steps for interview process total includes phone screen, 1x1 (team and managers), 1x1 (VP of Operation)

Interview Questions

• why you want to leave your current employee? what is your current base salary? what would be the most three things you like in your work careers that made you proud?   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I just go through the phone interview and it took about 1 hour, a liitle long, it is a techinical interviews. Start with projects in resume, then come with coding questions with algorithm and data structure. Then come with questions of digital logic and verification.

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews and one on-site interview

Interim Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online and also submitted resume at Career fair. Got a call for summer intern and had 2 phone interviews.
    First interview was entirely about verilog basics and verifying a FIFO. Second interview was about one of my projects and also OS basics like semaphores and memory management. Had a really good conversation about the position and expected work.

Interview Questions

• How would you thoroughly verify a FIFO design in Verilog?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fixed salary for interns but amazing perks. So no need for negotiation.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I applied online and had an in-person recommendation from someone who works at the company. They emailed me to do 2 rounds of technical phone interviews. The interviewers were really nice and helpful. The interviews were about the courses I took in graduate school (I am on my way to PhD by the way), about Probability, Detection/Estimation Theory, Wireless Communications and Signals and Systems. Most were basic things, like definitions of simple things like fading, stability of a filter and so on. I was asked to do some computations on detection in Gaussian channel like error probabilities and detection regions. I was also asked some brain teasers like coin weighing problems. Then I was asked to do an additional third round of interview with similar problems. All the interviewers were nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• I more or less knew what the interview would be like, so there was no unexpected question. I guess the problem I had the most difficulty was the brainteaser, a coin weighing problem with faulty coins. You have N coins out of which one is heavier. How many uses of the scale do you need to find it? The second part, now you don't know if it is heavier or lighter. How many uses of the scale do you now need to do? Then you need to relate this to a problem in information and coding theory.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Since this is an internship, I don't think you can negotiate much. I just took the offer they gave me and the pay is pretty competitive.

RF Test Bench Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Couple of quick and easy phone interviews. Followed by one onsite interview that lasted the entire day with 9 different people. 8 hours is a LONG time to interview. Tough to stay focused all the way to the end with just bathroom breaks and a half hour lunch.

Most of the interviews were relaxed, but some where extremely intense. It all depended on the person doing the interviewing.

Interview Questions

• -Asked to draw a block diagram of a radio transmitter and receiver.
      -Asked the various components and contributors to noise figure and methods to calculate a systems noise figure.

Answer Question

I decided the silicon test was a bit to nuanced. I prefer system test design. Also the communication was not great with the hiring manager, which just gave me a negative vibe. After a decade in the industry, I have learned to trust my instincts.