Qualcomm

Relevance Date Difficulty

SCM Engineer Interview

SCM Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Screening -- Not too technical! for an hour
Onsite interview - The whole day interviews with 6-8 people.
ssssss sssss ssss sss ssssss ssssss sss ssssss sssss sss ssss sssss sssss ssssss ssss sssssss ssssssssss ssss ssss sssssss ssss sssss sss sss ssss

Interview Question – How the revisions of each file will be stored in the backend for different version control systems?   Answer Question

Senior Hardware Engineer Interview

Senior Hardware Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in May 2012.

Interview Details – There was a 1st screening which was very cordial and friendly. Subsequently I was invited to the santa clara office for an interview with the team, which was an excellent experience.

Interview Question – Explain how a duplexer works and impedance at each point. Very simple but did not know what the interviewer exactly wished to see.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – I applied online and had an in-person recommendation from someone who works at the company. They emailed me to do 2 rounds of technical phone interviews. The interviewers were really nice and helpful. The interviews were about the courses I took in graduate school (I am on my way to PhD by the way), about Probability, Detection/Estimation Theory, Wireless Communications and Signals and Systems. Most were basic things, like definitions of simple things like fading, stability of a filter and so on. I was asked to do some computations on detection in Gaussian channel like error probabilities and detection regions. I was also asked some brain teasers like coin weighing problems. Then I was asked to do an additional third round of interview with similar problems. All the interviewers were nice and helpful.

Interview Question – I more or less knew what the interview would be like, so there was no unexpected question. I guess the problem I had the most difficulty was the brainteaser, a coin weighing problem with faulty coins. You have N coins out of which one is heavier. How many uses of the scale do you need to find it? The second part, now you don't know if it is heavier or lighter. How many uses of the scale do you now need to do? Then you need to relate this to a problem in information and coding theory.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Since this is an internship, I don't think you can negotiate much. I just took the offer they gave me and the pay is pretty competitive.

Verification Engineer Interview

Verification Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2013.

Interview Details – it was a nice interview. location in santa clara

Interview Question – it was not that difficult.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2012.

Interview Details – 4 telephonic technical interviews based on operating systems, data structures and algorithms

Interview Question – Unexpected question was about the java project which I did in my ug   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2012.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview. The interviewer was nice and tried to help my answers. The questions were basic and not so difficult to answer as listed below:
1. Explain about your most recent work.
2. How would you estimate the time of arrival of a waveform.
3. Explain about coherent bandwidth
and some more questions I do not remember now. Although my application was rejected immediately due to my poor answers, the interviewer gave me a lot of encouraging comments.

Interview Question – How would you estimate the time of arrival of a waveform.
A desirable answer might be to say "apply correlator".
  Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2011.

Interview Details – Talked to the recruiters and handed in my CV during their visit to our school. After two weeks, I got the phone interview invitation. They asked me what time I'd like to be interviewed. I asked to be interviewed two weeks later.

There were two interviewers. Each of them interviewed me for about 30 minutes. After a brief introduction, they asked me to grab a paper and a pen, and write down the problem and some equations. They also asked me to derive some results, and explain how I got the solution. There was a bit of calculations; not really hard, it's more about the basic concept. But it's not easy to answer if you are not familiar with the topic.

The first interviewer asked all technical questions. The second interviewer spent half of the time chatting with me and half of the time asking technical questions. Before ending the conversation, they asked me if I have any questions. I seized the chance to chat with them about their work and the working environment. Although I didn't get the right answer to all of the questions, the overall conversation was quite smooth.

In about a week I got an email form the recruiter telling me I was accepted.

Interview Question – One interviewer asked me an information theory puzzle. I never heard of such a problem and didn't know how to answer it. I asked for hints and the interviewer guided me to find the answer. It seems to be OK if you don't know how to answer the question at first. Ask for help and try to tell them how you think.   Answer Question

RF Engineer Interview

RF Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2013.

Interview Details – 1 hour of phone interview and about 5 hours of onsite interview

Interview Question – CMOS circuit, smith chart, matching method   Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Systems Analyst
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

Interview Details – 45 minutes phone interview first, and then got invitation for onsite on the same day. onsite is to meet 6-8 people, and each meeting is about 45 minutes. the questions of onsite and phone interview has no much difference. it is all about wireless comms, signal processing, estimation theory, and probability.

Interview Question – horse racing problem. coin weighting problem.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2013.

Interview Details – One phone interview and then onsite interview. First I gave a presentation on my thesis onsite. Several difficult questions were asked during my presentation. Next, seven (1:1) interviews. I really enjoyed the interview process. I guess they are looking for: 1) Skill set -- how it matches to their projects, 2) Motivation and Passion towards the projects, and 3) Team Player: how well you mingle with the team members.

Interview Question – How well your ideas (thesis) fit into Qualcomm research projects? I think that this is really very difficult question to answer.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Qualcomm

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Qualcomm interview questions and advice in Santa Clara, CA. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by Qualcomm employees and interview candidates.