Qualcomm

Qualcomm Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA

3.4

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm in December 2009.

I had an on-site interview with GPS team. Interviewed with 6 people, including 2 managers, 3 Sr. engineers and 1 HR person. Each took about 50 minutes. Very technical. Was tested with wide range of questions including OS, C, boot sequences, and microcontroller architecture. Interviewers are all very nice. Imo too nice that sometimes you thought you did better than you really performed.

DSP Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in March 2010.

Passed Phone interview. Asked questions about DSP assembly. How do you perform a modulo without using the modulo operator? Asked about macm and how it handles 32bit multiplication.

Next step was an onsite interview. About 6 hours. Asked questions about wireless theory, space-time block codes, OFDM, MIMO and fourier analysis. Had to write a C function that reversed bits given two indices in an int. More C questions about multi-threading, some questions about hardware and assembly languages.

Interview Questions
    • Write a c functions that takes two bit indices and an int, and reverses the bits in the int between the two indices.   View Answers (4)
    • Describe why OFDM works as well as it does. Describe QAM modulation and the effects of channel offsets   Answer Question

Whats A TCP Three Way Handshake? Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm in April 2011.

I was contacted by the staffing agency who was working with the employer. They found me on dice.com and forwarded my info the hiring manager once we discussed the particulars of the job including salary, bonus eligibility, relocation assistance, years of experience, etc. I interviewed on the phone with the hiring manager and another person who would've been my peer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in September 2011.

Contacted by the recruiter who set up a phone interview. Was asked questions on network device driver and c programming questions like static global vs static etc. Mac header for 802.11. Did not go very well as I do not experience with network device drivers. After 2 days I got a reject mail from recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Static global function in C, explain mac header for 802.11   Answer Question

Software Engineer - USB Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2011.

Interview was very tough, expect to know every basic and tiny little of 'C' programming, i guess i did not study well, so i did not clear the phone interview

2. say you have a 32 bit system, and structure with char, int and double variables. what is the size of structure. again from here on question continues on memory alignment. how is alignment usually performed. and how do you force the structure to have the exact size removing the alignment.

3. program to find little and big endian(yes it was only phone interview) - well this is just 1 line expression anyways..

Interview Questions
    • 1. say u have 3 files, and a header file which has a static variable declaration in it. you include the header file in the 3 files.. what happens... u get any error or what would happen to the system, and from here on the question flow continues.

Answer Question

Systems Test Engineering, WLAN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in June 2012.

I got a call for a phone interview with one of the team members (Phone interview took place on Thursday) and since I mentioned to them that I already had an offer on which I was deliberating on, they expedited the process. 2 days after the phone interview (Tuesday), I got an email saying they would like to schedule an onsite interview, which I did as quick as possible (Friday). After the interview, I got an email from the recruiter saying the team would like to make an offer (on Tuesday) and in due course I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
    • OFDM - Blocks description, Cyclic Prefix, Advantages, Disadvantages, sub-carrier spacing change etc..   Answer Question
    • MIMO - Working, different kinds, capacity issues, power issues   Answer Question
    • I was told to describe the OSI layer. And I was given the scenario of there being two devices placed at the same place on two different instances, but with both giving different throughputs. I was told to go over the layers and explain what potential problems in every subsequent layer would contribute to the reduction in date throughputs even though most of the specifications were the same for both the devices in terms of hardware.   Answer Question
    • Fundamentals of Digital Communication, RF, Communication Systems   Answer Question
    • Puzzle questions : 3 or 4, Basic Psuedo codes for simple problems   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. Their offer remains fixed for freshers.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in April 2013.

One phone interview and then onsite interview. First I gave a presentation on my thesis onsite. Several difficult questions were asked during my presentation. Next, seven (1:1) interviews. I really enjoyed the interview process. I guess they are looking for: 1) Skill set -- how it matches to their projects, 2) Motivation and Passion towards the projects, and 3) Team Player: how well you mingle with the team members.

Interview Questions
    • How well your ideas (thesis) fit into Qualcomm research projects? I think that this is really very difficult question to answer.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

45 minutes phone interview first, and then got invitation for onsite on the same day. onsite is to meet 6-8 people, and each meeting is about 45 minutes. the questions of onsite and phone interview has no much difference. it is all about wireless comms, signal processing, estimation theory, and probability.

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in April 2013.

1 hour of phone interview and about 5 hours of onsite interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2011.

Talked to the recruiters and handed in my CV during their visit to our school. After two weeks, I got the phone interview invitation. They asked me what time I'd like to be interviewed. I asked to be interviewed two weeks later.

There were two interviewers. Each of them interviewed me for about 30 minutes. After a brief introduction, they asked me to grab a paper and a pen, and write down the problem and some equations. They also asked me to derive some results, and explain how I got the solution. There was a bit of calculations; not really hard, it's more about the basic concept. But it's not easy to answer if you are not familiar with the topic.

The first interviewer asked all technical questions. The second interviewer spent half of the time chatting with me and half of the time asking technical questions. Before ending the conversation, they asked me if I have any questions. I seized the chance to chat with them about their work and the working environment. Although I didn't get the right answer to all of the questions, the overall conversation was quite smooth.

In about a week I got an email form the recruiter telling me I was accepted.

Interview Questions
    • One interviewer asked me an information theory puzzle. I never heard of such a problem and didn't know how to answer it. I asked for hints and the interviewer guided me to find the answer. It seems to be OK if you don't know how to answer the question at first. Ask for help and try to tell them how you think.   Answer Question