Qualcomm Senior Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Multiple interviews with Operations Management Team. Also, featured a panel interview with team I'd be joining. The process was spread over 2 days with a 1 hour interview on the third day with my hiring manager. Questions spanned a range of topics from my approach to current problems to technical questions relation to engineering background of manufacturing processes. On balance, the interviewers presented fair questions. I was also able to pose my own questions establish clear expectations for the new role.

Interview Questions

• How will you apply learning and experiences from your past role to this new opportunity?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Started with a phone screen (there may be multiple depending on your impact on the first one). If we like you, then we will call you in for an on-site interview. For experienced positions, you will generally interview with 4-5 people from the same group. If you are a new grad, it will likely be across groups. Each interview is 45 min with time for you to ask questions. General structure is 15 min talking about the company/position/group/technology; 15 minutes about you and your background/experience; 15 minutes of technical questions and programming questions. Once the interview is complete, you will get feedback from HR and if you are offered a position, it will proceed with the offer details/negotiations.

Interview Questions

• Some weaknesses that you wish to improve?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Bonus is negotiable. Options are probably negotiable. Vacation is not. Start date is. Salary is negotiable within the range and experience of existing engineers at your level.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

very well structured, upfront

Interview Questions

• how much salary do you want   1 Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2012.

Interview

The interview had six round totally. First one was telephonic. After which there was 1 full day of interview. After that there was a follow-up HR Interview. Most of the questions in the technical ground were based on previous project experience. Since they were looking for a candidate who has that experience, most of the questions that I got were based on that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

One phone screen interview, one full-day of on-site interview, and offer

Interview Questions

• Unexpected questions of analog circuit. opening was for Digital custom circuit design   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in July 2011.

Interview

- Submitted application online and a few weeks later the recruiter contacted to set up a phone interview. A week after phone interview they flew me over to San Diego for an on-site interview with different people in the group. Interviewers ranges from Senior and Staff Engineers to managers. Interview covered basic managerial questions as well as questions on Rf fundamentals, transceiver design, and troubleshooting techniques for hypothetical scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Describe pros and cons of zero-IF transceiver architectures. Design techniques for mitigating cons, and design circuit to implement such a solution.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Submited my resume on their website. Got their email in the 3rd day to set up an phone interview. Then got their invatation to on-site interview on the 3rd day after the phone interview. VP meet me imediately after the on-site interview and got their offer the next morning. Everything finished in 10 days. Very impressed with their efficiency.

Interview Questions

• Software pipelining. Vectorizaion optimizations. Many many other compiler algorithms. How to debug segmentaion fault. 8 algorithms to implement detecting a duplicated number in an array of 1000.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Phone interview followed by on-site interview. Phone interview was for an hr or so. On site interview was conducted by 7-8 people with detailed circuit related questions. Be prepared for going to the drawing board and answering detailed circuit questions. Some equations/derivations expected.

Interview Questions

• smitch chart impedance matching problem over the phone.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated on the offer a little bit. Not much wiggle room.

Engineer, Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

I was interviewing a compiler engineer position, so all questions were about compiler and C++ programming. One question about compiler is: How many kinds of code redundancy can you think of? How to remove these kinds of redundancy?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Interviews for engineering jobs are always technical and can involve 3-6 current team members as interviewers. Answering questions with experience, logic, and judgement. When you don't know the answer, ask reasonable questions and get help. Do not try to mumble your way out.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question is one that you are not expected to know. That said, interviewers ask the question to see how you respond and how you gather the clues to devise a solution.   Answer Question