Qualcomm Senior Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2014
Updated Sep 3, 2014

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Started with a phone screen (there may be multiple depending on your impact on the first one). If we like you, then we will call you in for an on-site interview. For experienced positions, you will generally interview with 4-5 people from the same group. If you are a new grad, it will likely be across groups. Each interview is 45 min with time for you to ask questions. General structure is 15 min talking about the company/position/group/technology; 15 minutes about you and your background/experience; 15 minutes of technical questions and programming questions. Once the interview is complete, you will get feedback from HR and if you are offered a position, it will proceed with the offer details/negotiations.

Interview Questions
  • Some weaknesses that you wish to improve?   View Answer
Bonus is negotiable. Options are probably negotiable. Vacation is not. Start date is. Salary is negotiable within the range and experience of existing engineers at your level.

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2013.

very well structured, upfront

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2011.

One phone screen interview, one full-day of on-site interview, and offer

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected questions of analog circuit. opening was for Digital custom circuit design   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in July 2011.

- Submitted application online and a few weeks later the recruiter contacted to set up a phone interview. A week after phone interview they flew me over to San Diego for an on-site interview with different people in the group. Interviewers ranges from Senior and Staff Engineers to managers. Interview covered basic managerial questions as well as questions on Rf fundamentals, transceiver design, and troubleshooting techniques for hypothetical scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • Describe pros and cons of zero-IF transceiver architectures. Design techniques for mitigating cons, and design circuit to implement such a solution.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm in April 2011.

Submited my resume on their website. Got their email in the 3rd day to set up an phone interview. Then got their invatation to on-site interview on the 3rd day after the phone interview. VP meet me imediately after the on-site interview and got their offer the next morning. Everything finished in 10 days. Very impressed with their efficiency.

Interview Questions
    • Software pipelining.
      Vectorizaion optimizations.
      Many many other compiler algorithms.
      How to debug segmentaion fault.
      8 algorithms to implement detecting a duplicated number in an array of 1000.
        Answer Question

Engineer, Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2010.

I was interviewing a compiler engineer position, so all questions were about compiler and C++ programming. One question about compiler is: How many kinds of code redundancy can you think of? How to remove these kinds of redundancy?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2010.

Interviews for engineering jobs are always technical and can involve 3-6 current team members as interviewers. Answering questions with experience, logic, and judgement. When you don't know the answer, ask reasonable questions and get help. Do not try to mumble your way out.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question is one that you are not expected to know. That said, interviewers ask the question to see how you respond and how you gather the clues to devise a solution.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

After they finished screening my resume, I was invited to join a conference call to talk with 2 good engineers at HQ to access my previous experience and how well I understand what I worked on. I also had to meet several people at the local office to assess my general communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. I don't think you will be surprised at job interviews at Qualcomm.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

It will be 5 rounds of interview of which last one will be HR round. All the interview rounds will be on digital communications, C/C++/OS and puzzle questions

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Qualcomm.

multiple rounds of interview, multiple days