Qualcomm Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 29, 2014
Updated Dec 29, 2014

3.2

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm in November 2014.

Interview

I was impressed by the interviewing process as it was very efficient. I had several phone calls and they wanted me to write an essay of sorts. They mainly wanted to know exactly how I would go about solving a few problems with Big Data. I'd solved similar problems in the past and the solutions worked quite well so answering the questions was not very difficult. It was a distinct pleasure talking to each and every person I talked to. Everyone was friendly but competent. I wish QualComm and everyone I chatted with a bright future.

Interview Questions

• The questions were somewhat unexpected but absolutely perfectly fitting to the job. They gave me a really good feel for the skills they were looking for.   1 Answer

Family issues and past contractor duties regrettably forced me to decline this offer. The projects from my past, loyal customer base were always nice as well though.

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The Interviews were not easy, not difficult. Some standard programming questions like DFS, BFS, etc. If you have prepared for other companies, this one will be an easy pass.

I think the most problematic part of the interview process was the salary negotiation. I had a good offer from their competitors and the team was not even close to that figure. They didn't increase a single $ after me informing them about the salary figures. I was very interested in their work, but they gave me such a bad offer which I couldn't accept in any case.

Also, I think the overall company is gone weird especially the HR. I submitted a reimbursement and 3 months later they send me a check with $50 deducted explaining no reason. The interview reimbursement was within the range that they told me and was < $200 for three days of interview. The HR has lost its way. I am sure others will face the same after they get an offer.

I would rate the entire process as very poor.

Compensation was bad.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

joined full time from consulting - not much to discuss.
    most of the question are related to Networking and Wi-Fi
     asked basic programming concepts and extensive questions on previous projects

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

Telephone, but not info u get on phone. Whole day interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Bad.. not much negotiation

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

This interview was for a computer vision engineer and I worked with the HR department to schedule a phone interview.

The phone interviewer asked me about LoG function, Corner Detection and time complexities of the same. He seemed very capable and accomplished from his knowledge.

I was invited for an onsite interview and I had five rounds of onsite interview including a lunch interview.

Round 1: Hard interview with a principal engineer who knew his stuff. He asked questions about OpenGL, OpenCV, Homography, SIFT in gory detail.
    Round 2: I spoke a little about myself and then I was asked to develop algorithm and code to find index of a number in a 2D array which was sorted in ascending order both horizontally and vertically.
    Round 3: Lunch interview - a lot of questions about OO design, I was asked to print numbers in hexadecimal, I was asked about overhead of a class (including methods).
    Round 4: The hiring team lead asked a bunch of behavioral questions. Then he asked a couple of easy questions. One to twiddle nibbles in a number, another to insert a string within another.
    Round 5: The last interview was on computer vision and I was asked about RANSAC, k-d tree, SIFT, homography etc.

On rounds 2, 4 and 5 I explained about my PhD topic the other interviewers were not interested much.

Interview Questions

• How do you calibrate a camera to find extrinsic parameters?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated on the salary and got what I expected. I would recommend candidates to negotiate much more.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Interview process consists of two steps - phone screening and on-site interview. Phone screen was performed by two people and each session was 30 mins long. Primary objective of phone screen was resume review and verifying whether the person knows what they claim on their resume. Phone screen was done by engineers and all their questions were pertaining to my resume only.

Onsite interview process started with the HR email asking for possible interview dates. Once the dates are finalized the travel arrangements are managed by Balboa travels and they help book accommodation, rental car and flight tickets.

The on-site interview started with HR representative. Basically discussed about my resume, salary expectations and relocation assistance. This was followed by interviews by folks from management level - Director or Senior Director. Discussion was primarily about cellular communication and the difficulties in designing software for cellular base station. This was followed by a lunch break which was handled by an engineer. He talked to me about how a day looks like in Qualcomm and explained about the various perks offered by the company. After lunch i had two intensive technical interview session. All questions were about C programming and embedded software design. Emphasis was on function pointers and writing code with minimal memory footprint.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to sorting - stable or unstable sorting.   1 Answer

The start date required by the team was well before my course completion date.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

One phone interview and then onsite interview. First I gave a presentation on my thesis onsite. Several difficult questions were asked during my presentation. Next, seven (1:1) interviews. I really enjoyed the interview process. I guess they are looking for: 1) Skill set -- how it matches to their projects, 2) Motivation and Passion towards the projects, and 3) Team Player: how well you mingle with the team members.

Interview Questions

• How well your ideas (thesis) fit into Qualcomm research projects? I think that this is really very difficult question to answer.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in April 2013.

Interview

Got a call from manger and he started questioning on my CV. It went pretty well. He then started asking some questions related to server side testing. Phone interview lasted for about 45 mins. He then told that one of is another manager will also call me. After couple of days i got a call from other manager he also asked some generic questions on server testing. Actually i did not prepare according to ob description for the interview

Interview Questions

• I don't have server side experience, he told the same thing and expected some scenarios on server testing   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA).

Interview

very fast on offer decision
    after ohone interview, onsite interview is one week later and almost gave me offer just after interview ....

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You can negotiate on salary and sign on. However, company hs its own rule and I did not get much change

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

One phone interview, then 2 weeks later, an invitation for an onsite interview (2 weeks after that) for all of QCT SW department, to be considered for all open positions (about 80 at the time). Interview onsite with HR, then 6 engineers, one of whom was a director.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all pretty easy. A few of them asked the same question: Write C code to compute fibonacci series.   Answer Question