Qualcomm

Average Difficulty
30 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2014.

Interview Details – This interview was for a computer vision engineer and I worked with the HR department to schedule a phone interview.

The phone interviewer asked me about LoG function, Corner Detection and time complexities of the same. He seemed very capable and accomplished from his knowledge.

I was invited for an onsite interview and I had five rounds of onsite interview including a lunch interview.

Round 1: Hard interview with a principal engineer who knew his stuff. He asked questions about OpenGL, OpenCV, Homography, SIFT in gory detail.
Round 2: I spoke a little about myself and then I was asked to develop algorithm and code to find index of a number in a 2D array which was sorted in ascending order both horizontally and vertically.
Round 3: Lunch interview - a lot of questions about OO design, I was asked to print numbers in hexadecimal, I was asked about overhead of a class (including methods).
Round 4: The hiring team lead asked a bunch of behavioral questions. Then he asked a couple of easy questions. One to twiddle nibbles in a number, another to insert a string within another.
Round 5: The last interview was on computer vision and I was asked about RANSAC, k-d tree, SIFT, homography etc.

On rounds 2, 4 and 5 I explained about my PhD topic the other interviewers were not interested much.

Interview Question – How do you calibrate a camera to find extrinsic parameters?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated on the salary and got what I expected. I would recommend candidates to negotiate much more.

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – joined full time from consulting - not much to discuss.
most of the question are related to Networking and Wi-Fi
 asked basic programming concepts and extensive questions on previous projects

Interview Question – more question on TCP layer and routing algorithms   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2010.

Interview Details – I had a telephonic interview for internship with the group. A second phone interview followed. The group was still small and the manager contacted me directly. The questions were all on the hard ware side and dealt with computer architecture including data hazards (RAW, WAR, WAR), CPU pipeline etc.

Interview Question – CPU pipeline stages and a question related to specific scenarios involving data hazards.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Telephone, but not info u get on phone. Whole day interview

Interview Question – Not many   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Bad.. not much negotiation

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2013.

Interview Details – Got a call from manger and he started questioning on my CV. It went pretty well. He then started asking some questions related to server side testing. Phone interview lasted for about 45 mins. He then told that one of is another manager will also call me. After couple of days i got a call from other manager he also asked some generic questions on server testing. Actually i did not prepare according to ob description for the interview

Interview Question – I don't have server side experience, he told the same thing and expected some scenarios on server testing   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2013.

Interview Details – One phone interview and then onsite interview. First I gave a presentation on my thesis onsite. Several difficult questions were asked during my presentation. Next, seven (1:1) interviews. I really enjoyed the interview process. I guess they are looking for: 1) Skill set -- how it matches to their projects, 2) Motivation and Passion towards the projects, and 3) Team Player: how well you mingle with the team members.

Interview Question – How well your ideas (thesis) fit into Qualcomm research projects? I think that this is really very difficult question to answer.   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – very fast on offer decision
after ohone interview, onsite interview is one week later and almost gave me offer just after interview ....

Interview Question – no very unreasonable brain storm   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate on salary and sign on. However, company hs its own rule and I did not get much change

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2011.

Interview Details – 8 rounds + 1 Telephonic interview

Each round ~= 1 hour

Interview Question – Bit-wise operations   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2012.

Interview Details – One phone interview, then 2 weeks later, an invitation for an onsite interview (2 weeks after that) for all of QCT SW department, to be considered for all open positions (about 80 at the time). Interview onsite with HR, then 6 engineers, one of whom was a director.

Interview Question – The questions were all pretty easy. A few of them asked the same question: Write C code to compute fibonacci series.   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2012.

Interview Details – This took several weeks to complete. Qualcomm reached out to me for a position I had applied for three months earlier. After a phone screening I was invited to an all-day onsite interview. Unfortunately, being Summer, rounding up all the participants was hard due to vacations.

It was three weeks before I had my onsite meeting. It was another 2 weeks until I got the results.

Aside from the time issue, it was a very good interview process. I enjoyed all the individuals, and got a favorable review according to the HR rep. Unfortunately another applicant had more direct experience than I did.

Interview Question – Write a routine to find the square root of a number. Then make it faster.   View Answers (2)

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!