Qualcomm

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Diego, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2010.

Interview Details – Write the shortest String Copy function ?

Interview Question – Whats is Stack overflow attack??...then he gave me a scenario where there was a open source code at a server and you have your piece of code at that server. You as a client are allowed to invoke a method which takes in a array as a parameter which is not checked for overflow validation. I had to induce a buffer overflow attack and make the method to pass control to my piece of code in the server.   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2011.

Interview Details – Appied online. Met 5 interviewers. Kind. Got offer and completed whole process in 3 weeks.

Interview Question – nothing. general ones.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not so much. a little bit trimming

San Diego, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2009.

Interview Details – A panel of 9 people interviewed me. So we had more of group interview Later this was followed by 1:1 interview concentrating on differnt aspects of design, verification and concept understanding.

Interview Questions

• Explain what will you do if there is a bug in silicon. What are the things you will check first   View Answer
  • Sequence detectors, ECO implementation   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got an equally good offer from competitor.

Senior Staff Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Converted to full-time from contract.

Senior Staff Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2012.

Interview Details – Initial communication is via phone interview. This went very well.
The interview process, setting up, travel, etc was very easy. Qualcomm makes it easy for people to come in.
The interview itself was a long process, my interviews started at 10:00 and did not end until 6:00 pm. This makes it a long day. Interview also went through lunch, which makes it difficult to eat and relax.
The questions and problem solving was not difficult, but without knowing exactly the type of person they are looking for, it is difficult to react to their questions.

Interview Question – Problem statement:
In a tic-tac-toe grid, fill numbers 1-9 so that all the number in row & col add to same number. 1 min to solve.
  View Answers (2)

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!