Qualcomm

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Jose, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2011.

Interview Details – Technical interviews with 5 employees and answered various questions from career path to background

Interview Question – What is the assumption of RLS algorithm   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Talk to HR and then bargain with the managers

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on-line, phone screening followed by on-site

Interview Question – some irrelevant math quiz problems, queueing system modeling, etc   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Probability questions, TCP/IP questions, questions on PhD, PhD presentation, MAC algorithms, whiteboard problem solving. Dont lie on resume!!

Interview Question – Probability question, details on earlier project you may not remember like power consumed by block X, data rate requirement of block Y etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation is possible

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2012.

Interview Details – One hr and 4 technical interviews. I did well in 4 technical interviews which were around MAC and PHY layers: OFDM, ARQ, Queuing theory, IP/TCP. Some questions to test how I think. Overall, I like they way they ask. They are very supportive and open.

Interview Question – I did well on all questions. Got job offer after 2 days of the on-site interview but I declined.   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in May 2012.

Interview Details – Several basic questions in wireless communication systems such as difference between wired and wireless networks, advantage of multicast. The interviewer is Indian. He was very nice and patient.

Interview Question – What is the difference between wired networks and wireless networks?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Diego, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2012.

Interview Details – Some basic probability/stochastic process questions about lossy wireless channels.

The last question the interview asked was: "Suppose we make 10 packet transmissions per second over a wireless channel, the channel is lossy such that with probability 1/10 a packet transmission will fail. The transmitter knows perfectly whether a transmission succeeds or fails. When it fails, the transmitter retransmit the packet, until it finally succeeds. So what is the throughput we can get?"

This was a VERY VERY simple question that the throughput should be 9 packets/second! The interview didn't agree and simply emphasized "because of retransmission, throughput should be reduced more than 1/10" repeatedly.

Couldn't achieve a consensus with him after a long debate and that's it.

Interview Question – Given a wireless channel with loss rate 0.1, what's the throughput one can get with retransmission.   View Answers (5)

San Diego, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in August 2008.

Interview Details – This was an interview at the end of my internship period. First meeting with HR about salary expectation and benefits. Then went to technical one to one interviews with Qualcomm QCT division. Position was in systems engineering. Try to review basics as much as possible and show confidence.

Interview Question – Filter design problem for the RF front end.   View Answer

Senior Systems Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2011.

Interview Details – Post my resume on Qaulcomm portal and get a phone interview immediately. The hiring manage is very kind and nice. The HM and another team member gave me a 2-hour phone interview. Then after two weeks, I went onto the onsite interview. The onsite interview is 1:1 and lasted 6 hours.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Qualcomm

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Qualcomm Senior Systems Engineer interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Qualcomm employees and interview candidates.