Qualcomm

www.qualcomm.com

Qualcomm Senior Systems Engineer Interview Questions

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

Applied on-line, phone screening followed by on-site

Interview Questions
  • some irrelevant math quiz problems, queueing system modeling, etc   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Probability questions, TCP/IP questions, questions on PhD, PhD presentation, MAC algorithms, whiteboard problem solving. Dont lie on resume!!

Interview Questions
    • Probability question, details on earlier project you may not remember like power consumed by block X, data rate requirement of block Y etc.   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation is possible

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Qualcomm in November 2012.

One hr and 4 technical interviews. I did well in 4 technical interviews which were around MAC and PHY layers: OFDM, ARQ, Queuing theory, IP/TCP. Some questions to test how I think. Overall, I like they way they ask. They are very supportive and open.

Interview Questions
    • I did well on all questions. Got job offer after 2 days of the on-site interview but I declined.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in May 2012.

Several basic questions in wireless communication systems such as difference between wired and wireless networks, advantage of multicast. The interviewer is Indian. He was very nice and patient.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between wired networks and wireless networks?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in January 2012.

Some basic probability/stochastic process questions about lossy wireless channels.

The last question the interview asked was: "Suppose we make 10 packet transmissions per second over a wireless channel, the channel is lossy such that with probability 1/10 a packet transmission will fail. The transmitter knows perfectly whether a transmission succeeds or fails. When it fails, the transmitter retransmit the packet, until it finally succeeds. So what is the throughput we can get?"

This was a VERY VERY simple question that the throughput should be 9 packets/second! The interview didn't agree and simply emphasized "because of retransmission, throughput should be reduced more than 1/10" repeatedly.

Couldn't achieve a consensus with him after a long debate and that's it.

Interview Questions
    • Given a wireless channel with loss rate 0.1, what's the throughput one can get with retransmission.   View Answers (6)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2011.

Technical interviews with 5 employees and answered various questions from career path to background

Interview Questions
    Talk to HR and then bargain with the managers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in August 2008.

This was an interview at the end of my internship period. First meeting with HR about salary expectation and benefits. Then went to technical one to one interviews with Qualcomm QCT division. Position was in systems engineering. Try to review basics as much as possible and show confidence.

Interview Questions
    • Filter design problem for the RF front end.   View Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2011.

Post my resume on Qaulcomm portal and get a phone interview immediately. The hiring manage is very kind and nice. The HM and another team member gave me a 2-hour phone interview. Then after two weeks, I went onto the onsite interview. The onsite interview is 1:1 and lasted 6 hours.