Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Qualcomm
- Software Engineer (153)
- Intern (62)
- Senior Software Engineer (32)
- Engineer (32)
- Embedded Software Engineer (31)
- Engineering (25)
- Systems Engineer (18)
- Hardware Engineer (18)
- Senior Engineer (18)
- Software Engineer Intern (18)
- Interim Engineering (16)
- Verification Engineer (16)
- Test Engineer (15)
- Systems Test Engineer (14)
- Internship (12)
- Associate Engineer (11)
- Interim Engineering Intern (10)
- Staff Engineer (9)
- Digital Design Engineer (9)
- ASIC Design Engineer (9)
- Design Engineer (9)
- Senior Systems Engineer (8)
- Staff Software Engineer (7)
- Modem Systems Test Engineer (7)
- Program Manager (6)
- Modem Test Engineer (6)
- Design Verification Engineer (5)
- Embedded Software Developer (5)
- Hardware Test Engineer (5)
- Senior Staff Engineer (5)
Senior Systems Engineer Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in March 2013.
Applied on-line, phone screening followed by on-site
- some irrelevant math quiz problems, queueing system modeling, etc Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm
Senior Systems Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).
Probability questions, TCP/IP questions, questions on PhD, PhD presentation, MAC algorithms, whiteboard problem solving. Dont lie on resume!!
- Probability question, details on earlier project you may not remember like power consumed by block X, data rate requirement of block Y etc. Answer Question
Not much negotiation is possible
Senior Systems Engineer InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in November 2012.
One hr and 4 technical interviews. I did well in 4 technical interviews which were around MAC and PHY layers: OFDM, ARQ, Queuing theory, IP/TCP. Some questions to test how I think. Overall, I like they way they ask. They are very supportive and open.
- I did well on all questions. Got job offer after 2 days of the on-site interview but I declined. Answer Question
Senior Systems Engineer InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a day – interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in May 2012.
Several basic questions in wireless communication systems such as difference between wired and wireless networks, advantage of multicast. The interviewer is Indian. He was very nice and patient.
- What is the difference between wired networks and wireless networks? Answer Question
Senior Systems Engineer InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took a day – interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in January 2012.
Some basic probability/stochastic process questions about lossy wireless channels.
The last question the interview asked was: "Suppose we make 10 packet transmissions per second over a wireless channel, the channel is lossy such that with probability 1/10 a packet transmission will fail. The transmitter knows perfectly whether a transmission succeeds or fails. When it fails, the transmitter retransmit the packet, until it finally succeeds. So what is the throughput we can get?"
This was a VERY VERY simple question that the throughput should be 9 packets/second! The interview didn't agree and simply emphasized "because of retransmission, throughput should be reduced more than 1/10" repeatedly.
Couldn't achieve a consensus with him after a long debate and that's it.
- Given a wireless channel with loss rate 0.1, what's the throughput one can get with retransmission. 7 Answers
Senior Systems Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm (San Jose, CA) in June 2011.
Technical interviews with 5 employees and answered various questions from career path to background
- What is the assumption of RLS algorithm Answer Question
Talk to HR and then bargain with the managers
Senior Systems Engineer InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took a day – interviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in August 2008.
This was an interview at the end of my internship period. First meeting with HR about salary expectation and benefits. Then went to technical one to one interviews with Qualcomm QCT division. Position was in systems engineering. Try to review basics as much as possible and show confidence.
- Filter design problem for the RF front end. 1 Answer
Senior Systems Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2011.
Post my resume on Qaulcomm portal and get a phone interview immediately. The hiring manage is very kind and nice. The HM and another team member gave me a 2-hour phone interview. Then after two weeks, I went onto the onsite interview. The onsite interview is 1:1 and lasted 6 hours.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review