Qualcomm

Average Difficulty
24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, recruiter reached out, set up 2 phone interviews: first being knowledge-based questions about C, static variables, recursion, stack frame and function calls, efficiency of sort algorithms. Second phone interview was 2 coding questions: first was a strange bit shifting problem involving unsigned ints, second was one I had seen before involving linked lists.

Interview Question – Anything asked about C in the first interview.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Qualcomm in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, received an email to schedule a phone interview, and the manager I worked for was the one who phone interviewed and hired me. I had other offer deadlines approaching, so I called him back the next day and asked if the decision could be made quickly. The next morning, I got the call getting the position.

Interview Question – Extremely easy interview, asked basic programming concepts such focusing on object oriented design (Describe OOP, what is a class, what is a mutex, etc.).   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2014.

Interview Details – Met through a college career fair. I heard back a few weeks later and started the interview prices. Depending on your recruiter, you sometimes have to stay on top of things and keep asking about interviews, especially if you're looking for one on campus. That said, my recruiter was exceptionally nice and helped with any questions I had.

Interview Question – Really just a few of the typical CS interview questions (I think it was the counterfeit coin question and maybe a few basic questions about C).   View Answer

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Recruiting came to my school and I handed in my resume at an infosession. Was selected for an on-campus interview. The questions were fairly straightforward, nothing unexpected. This a few years ago so I don't remember all of the questions. The only question I remember was how to reverse a linked list. There was also a bit manipulation question.

Interview Question – Reverse a linked list   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2014.

Interview Details – Had 3 technical 35-45 mins phone interviews for Software Engineering Position at QCT.
1st Interview :

Asked everything mentioned on the resume. About each and every word. So I walked him through my resume answering all his questions.
Technical Questions asked :
1) Difference between Array and Linked List ?
2) If i have a phone book to implement, which of the two would you use ? and Why ?
3) In layman's term, explain CDMA and GSM and their differences.
4) What is buffer overflow ?
5) Asked everything about the projects that I had mentioned.

Later I was asked behavioral questions.

2nd Interview :
Technical Questions asked :

1) Explain final, static keywords.
2) Outputs of exception handling situations. Eg. Will Finally block be executed if catch block is not written ? When will system exit ? etc
3) What is StringBuffer and StringBuilder ?
4) What is singleton class ?
5) Does Multiple inheritance exist in both, C++ and Java?
6) Difference between C and Java.
7) Difference between Array and LinkedList
8) Asked a few questions on projects.

3rd Interview :
Technical Questions asked :

1) Difference between C and Java.
2) Explain Method Overloading
3) Explain CDMA and LTE

Questions to test logical reasoning :

2) How would you test for Salt Cellar ? What all parameters would you consider for testing ?

Interview Question – 1) How many Gas stations are there in the whole of USA ? ( Please do not come up with any arbitrary number. They do not want that ! )
  Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – HR emailed me that I was shortlisted and had to give 2 technical interviews. First tech interview was tuff with question mainly on C/C++ and on Opencv as my project was on that. 2nd Interviewer ws nice it was easy mainly asked C/C++, TCP/UDP, CDMA/LTE etc.... Now awaiting results..

Interview Question – What is best way to design a destructor in a base class?   View Answer

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – I met them at an infosession, handed my resume and got an interview two to three weeks after they received my resume. The interview was straightforward. First part behavioral and then followed by technical questions. It lasted half an hour. Very brief I would say. Some people got the internship after their first interview

Interview Question – Don't remember   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had a short on-campus interview, about 40 minutes long. First question was a simple introduction and then it went into two technical questions. The first was about a string copy in C and the other was about an insert for BST.

Interview Question – The hardest part I guess was coding on a whiteboard, lots of pressure! Just practice coding on paper/whiteboard.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2013.

Interview Details – Got an interview call through university recruiting and gave an on campus interview around 2 weeks after I got the call. They had come to the college career fair

Interview Question – Find the max value in a Binary Search Tree   View Answer

San Diego, CA

Interview Details – I was offered an interview on campus. It was just one round. I talked to a software engineer for about an hour discussing some general technical knowledge questions that ranged from object-oriented design to operating systems to reading code and understanding what it does. I also had a question showing me some variations of how to implement a method and I was supposed to describe an issue with each solution.

About a week later I got a call with an offer. Everyone I talked to was really friendly. They seem like a really great group of people to work with.

Interview Question – Given a byte, rearrange the bits so that bit0 gets swapped with bit7, bit1 gets swapped with bit6, etc.   View Answer

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!