Qualcomm

Getting the Interview

17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Recruiting came to my school and I handed in my resume at an infosession. Was selected for an on-campus interview. The questions were fairly straightforward, nothing unexpected. This a few years ago so I don't remember all of the questions. The only question I remember was how to reverse a linked list. There was also a bit manipulation question.

Interview Question – Reverse a linked list   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – I met them at an infosession, handed my resume and got an interview two to three weeks after they received my resume. The interview was straightforward. First part behavioral and then followed by technical questions. It lasted half an hour. Very brief I would say. Some people got the internship after their first interview

Interview Question – Don't remember   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2013.

Interview Details – Had a short on-campus interview, about 40 minutes long. First question was a simple introduction and then it went into two technical questions. The first was about a string copy in C and the other was about an insert for BST.

Interview Question – The hardest part I guess was coding on a whiteboard, lots of pressure! Just practice coding on paper/whiteboard.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2013.

Interview Details – Got an interview call through university recruiting and gave an on campus interview around 2 weeks after I got the call. They had come to the college career fair

Interview Question – Find the max value in a Binary Search Tree   View Answer

San Diego, CA

Interview Details – I was offered an interview on campus. It was just one round. I talked to a software engineer for about an hour discussing some general technical knowledge questions that ranged from object-oriented design to operating systems to reading code and understanding what it does. I also had a question showing me some variations of how to implement a method and I was supposed to describe an issue with each solution.

About a week later I got a call with an offer. Everyone I talked to was really friendly. They seem like a really great group of people to work with.

Interview Question – Given a byte, rearrange the bits so that bit0 gets swapped with bit7, bit1 gets swapped with bit6, etc.   View Answer

San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – One Morning Quallcomm HR emailed stating they have a internship requirement for Spring 2013. Then scheduled 2 back to back phone interviews. Each of the phone interviews were 1 hour each. Both the interviewers asked a lot about resume, memory management in C, dynamic allocation, static keyword. Bits and Bytes.

Interview Question – Conversion from String to Integer, Fibonacci Series, No of bits set in a number., How to find if a number is power of 2, 4 ,8...   Answer Question

Stanford, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2012.

Interview Details – I gave my resume to a recruiter at the career fair. A few days later, they contacted me to see if I wanted to interview with them on-campus. A week later, after only a 1:1 interview, I was offered a position.

The interview process was really efficient and straightforward. The engineer first talked a little about Qualcomm and then asked me various questions about pointers and the tradeoffs between various languages. Then we discussed my resume, which I think was the longest part since he asked me to describe my various side projects. Next, he asked me write out the code for two fairly standard and simple problems (reverse a string and something to do with manipulating a matrix of integers that I forgot). Finally, I asked him some questions and we discussed about stuff like the culture of the company and the type of projects interns work on.

The engineer who I interviewed with and the recruiter who I was in contact with were very amiable and the entire process went really smoothly.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult; fairly standard questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – There was a deadline that was earlier than I had expected for when I had to accept the offer, but at the time, I was still interviewing with other companies and was still unsure of my summer plans/schedule.

UC Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2012.

Interview Details – Qualcomm came to my university for a Tech Talk. I had been in contact with their HR department since last year when they came for the previous tech talk. Since I was "coming back" I was grilled on "why Qualcomm?" They asked me a lot of questions about my background and interests. The main HR guy spent a while explaining how the opportunities in the lab I want to work in are very limited (that is: it's a small lab that's very hard to get into).

That afternoon I got an email from their interview coordinator setting up an interview for later that week. Thursday morning I met with an engineer from the division I was interested in down in San Diego. We talked for a while about his work, about Qualcomm in general, about my background and interests, and then he went ahead with the technical questions. When I got home I created an account on their website and applied for the positions that interested me. Then I sent a follow-up email expressing my excitement about the lab, thanking the HR person for her time, and asking about next steps.

During the interview, he asked me to write several simple algorithms: reverse a string, copy a string, and count the number of "on" bits in a binary number. He also asked me about running times of these algorithms, and then asked about my favorite data structures. He wanted to know why certain types of trees were better than other trees - mostly highish-level conceptual stuff, not details of implementation.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite data-structure? Why would you use that data-structure over another one, and when would it be an inefficient choice?   Answer Question
  • Write a method that copies a string, and one that reverses a string. What is the running time of this algorithm?   Answer Question
  • Write a method to count the "on" bits in a binary number. What is the running time of this algorithm?   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2008.

Interview Details – I applied through the career fair at my university.

There were 3 phone interviews - all technical with basic C/C++ coding questions.

The enitire process took two months - from the first phone interview to the offer being made.

The hiring managers are very good and dont keep you guessing.

They are interested in hiring the right people and will respect your time.

Interview Question – Questions were very standard - no difficult quuestions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2011.

Interview Details – One interview on campus led to a full summer internship. I don't really know what else to say besides know your data structures and be able to write some decent code. I have since been offered a full-time position which I am going to take because this seems like a good company with a very good position in the market right now.

Interview Question – Comp architecture questions, like how does a multiprocessor computer work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was competitive so no need to negotiate. I really liked the company.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Qualcomm

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Qualcomm Software Engineer Intern interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by Qualcomm employees and interview candidates.