Qualcomm

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineering Interview

Software Engineering
Berkeley, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online to Qualcomm some time in February 2014, and heard back a month later.
I hate two interviews that were a mix of technical and behavioral questions.

The technical questions were centered around C++ or Java. The interviewer was flexible and let me answer based on the language that I preferred. There were some general questions about data structure, heap and stack, and other algorithm based questions.

I found the behavioural questions to be fairly detailed. It included experience working with teams, experience with existing code bases. and debugging methods.

Interview Question – How would you debug a piece of code without access to a debugger or an IDE?   View Answer

San Diego, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and got an email from their HR to set up a phone interview. The interviewer was actually the person I will be reporting to if I get an offer. It was a technical round and he asked me C, C++, Linux questions. After few days I was informed that I was selected for the onsite interview. It was an all day process from 10am-5pm.. I had by 4-5 technical rounds and 1 HR round. I received the offer letter after 1 week.

Interview Question – All the questions were the standard ones expected in interview.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Visa issues..

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2013.

Interview Details – The interview took about 40 minutes. It was kind of enjoyable. The hiring manager first asked me about my previous experience and He actually let me talk. He didn't interrupt me with any kind of question. Then he formulated specials scenarios and what would I do in those situations. For example, what could go wrong or why the software could stop working if the system where the software is running is updated to a faster system? Finally he asked me how to multiply two 64bit integers with a 32 bit only microprocessor.

Interview Question – What could go wrong or why the software could stop working if the system where the software is running is updated to a faster system?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – The process was so good and i had very good interaction with all the members . Met 2 teams from Rf engineering to Software engineers. ALL questions were answered but i did not receive offer. I did not know their criteria of selection.

Interview Question – code for playing music playlists in random order without repetition.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – The hiring is for fresh gradute students. Took a phone interview first. And then on-site interview. There are 3 rounds in total. The whole process took a month.

Interview Question – There are quetions like bit operations, operating system and c language   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring process tools 3 weeks. Questions are mostly related to position. Like oop concepts
And data. Structure.

Interview Question – No difficult question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2013.

Interview Details – After a short phone interview, I was invited to onsite interview

Interview Question – Give me some C source codes, ask me to find the bug inside this code. Mostly focus on my previous research and projects.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Applied by sending an email to the campus recruiter. Interviewed on compus still waiting for response

Interview Question – Nothing Unexpected, basic c/c++ problem involving pointer   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – This is a telephone interview. An India guy interviewed me. But I was not used to his accent; eventually I failed. The first part is to demonstrate myself, which is normal; then the interviewer started to ask questions; mostly about C and a little bit about telecommunications field.

Interview Question – Many questions about C. Not to many about telecommunications.
One question:
int *a=10; a++;
string *a='10'; a++;
What's the difference between them? Anyway, pointer problems all over.

Another one:
Explain what you know about an TCP packet; what's the difference between TCP packets and UDP packets?
  Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2013.

Interview Details – I got the opportunity to do an on-site interview after a quick phone interview. The campus is pretty nice. Although traveling between different buildings makes me a little dazed. The interview itself is smoothy, and interviewers are professional. Even you can not completely solve the problem the interviewer gives, they would give you hints and clues to solve it. I believe they wanna see your ability to solve an unexpected problem instead of repeat what you have already known.

Interview Question – What is the best data structure for solving an Tic-tac-toe game (that's the name I know after the interview)?
How to delete a number in a int type linked list without knowing the head of the list?
  Answer Question

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!