Qualcomm Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2014

3.1

131 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Had an on site interview at my University. They asked about my projects and a couple technical questions.The technical questions were nothing too hard, material that you should've learned in your classes.

Interview Questions
  • Was there ever a time that you had trouble with another teammate?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2014.

Very good process. I was supposed to work as a contractor for Qualcomm. The hiring manager from Qualcomm directly called me to set up an interview. I was a referral candidate too. @ hours telephonic interview and I was extended the offer letter

Interview Questions
    • Very silly questions like : What are the storage classes in C ? They asked OS related stuff, and a bit about Linked lists. Rest all questions were related to C, Data Structures and projects from my resume. Make sure you know your resume well. I had taken up Wireless Communications in my 2nd semester and was asked questions on that like : What did youlearn ? Explain in brief..etc..   Answer Question
    I went thru a Qualcomm approved vendor. Negotiated my salary from $32/hour to $35 / hour.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2014.

I applied online to Qualcomm some time in February 2014, and heard back a month later.
    I hate two interviews that were a mix of technical and behavioral questions.

The technical questions were centered around C++ or Java. The interviewer was flexible and let me answer based on the language that I preferred. There were some general questions about data structure, heap and stack, and other algorithm based questions.

I found the behavioural questions to be fairly detailed. It included experience working with teams, experience with existing code bases. and debugging methods.

Interview Questions
    • How would you debug a piece of code without access to a debugger or an IDE?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm in June 2012.

I applied online and got an email from their HR to set up a phone interview. The interviewer was actually the person I will be reporting to if I get an offer. It was a technical round and he asked me C, C++, Linux questions. After few days I was informed that I was selected for the onsite interview. It was an all day process from 10am-5pm.. I had by 4-5 technical rounds and 1 HR round. I received the offer letter after 1 week.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were the standard ones expected in interview.   Answer Question

Visa issues..

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2013.

The interview took about 40 minutes. It was kind of enjoyable. The hiring manager first asked me about my previous experience and He actually let me talk. He didn't interrupt me with any kind of question. Then he formulated specials scenarios and what would I do in those situations. For example, what could go wrong or why the software could stop working if the system where the software is running is updated to a faster system? Finally he asked me how to multiply two 64bit integers with a 32 bit only microprocessor.

Interview Questions
    • What could go wrong or why the software could stop working if the system where the software is running is updated to a faster system?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Qualcomm.

The process was so good and i had very good interaction with all the members . Met 2 teams from Rf engineering to Software engineers. ALL questions were answered but i did not receive offer. I did not know their criteria of selection.

Interview Questions
    • code for playing music playlists in random order without repetition.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

The hiring is for fresh gradute students. Took a phone interview first. And then on-site interview. There are 3 rounds in total. The whole process took a month.

Interview Questions
    • There are quetions like bit operations, operating system and c language   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2013.

Hiring process tools 3 weeks. Questions are mostly related to position. Like oop concepts
    And data. Structure.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2013.

After a short phone interview, I was invited to onsite interview

Interview Questions
    • Give me some C source codes, ask me to find the bug inside this code. Mostly focus on my previous research and projects.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Applied by sending an email to the campus recruiter. Interviewed on compus still waiting for response

Interview Questions
    • Nothing Unexpected, basic c/c++ problem involving pointer   Answer Question

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!