Qualcomm Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2014

3.1

132 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Had an on site interview at my University. They asked about my projects and a couple technical questions.The technical questions were nothing too hard, material that you should've learned in your classes.

Interview Questions
  • Was there ever a time that you had trouble with another teammate?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2014.

Very good process. I was supposed to work as a contractor for Qualcomm. The hiring manager from Qualcomm directly called me to set up an interview. I was a referral candidate too. @ hours telephonic interview and I was extended the offer letter

Interview Questions
    • Very silly questions like : What are the storage classes in C ? They asked OS related stuff, and a bit about Linked lists. Rest all questions were related to C, Data Structures and projects from my resume. Make sure you know your resume well. I had taken up Wireless Communications in my 2nd semester and was asked questions on that like : What did youlearn ? Explain in brief..etc..   Answer Question
    I went thru a Qualcomm approved vendor. Negotiated my salary from $32/hour to $35 / hour.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Qualcomm in March 2014.

I applied online to Qualcomm some time in February 2014, and heard back a month later.
    I hate two interviews that were a mix of technical and behavioral questions.

The technical questions were centered around C++ or Java. The interviewer was flexible and let me answer based on the language that I preferred. There were some general questions about data structure, heap and stack, and other algorithm based questions.

I found the behavioural questions to be fairly detailed. It included experience working with teams, experience with existing code bases. and debugging methods.

Interview Questions
    • How would you debug a piece of code without access to a debugger or an IDE?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Qualcomm.

The process was so good and i had very good interaction with all the members . Met 2 teams from Rf engineering to Software engineers. ALL questions were answered but i did not receive offer. I did not know their criteria of selection.

Interview Questions
    • code for playing music playlists in random order without repetition.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

The hiring is for fresh gradute students. Took a phone interview first. And then on-site interview. There are 3 rounds in total. The whole process took a month.

Interview Questions
    • There are quetions like bit operations, operating system and c language   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in December 2013.

After a short phone interview, I was invited to onsite interview

Interview Questions
    • Give me some C source codes, ask me to find the bug inside this code. Mostly focus on my previous research and projects.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Applied by sending an email to the campus recruiter. Interviewed on compus still waiting for response

Interview Questions
    • Nothing Unexpected, basic c/c++ problem involving pointer   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm.

This is a telephone interview. An India guy interviewed me. But I was not used to his accent; eventually I failed. The first part is to demonstrate myself, which is normal; then the interviewer started to ask questions; mostly about C and a little bit about telecommunications field.

Interview Questions
    • Many questions about C. Not to many about telecommunications.
      One question:
      int *a=10; a++;
      string *a='10'; a++;
      What's the difference between them? Anyway, pointer problems all over.

Another one:
      Explain what you know about an TCP packet; what's the difference between TCP packets and UDP packets?
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Campus recruiting interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in October 2013.

I got the opportunity to do an on-site interview after a quick phone interview. The campus is pretty nice. Although traveling between different buildings makes me a little dazed. The interview itself is smoothy, and interviewers are professional. Even you can not completely solve the problem the interviewer gives, they would give you hints and clues to solve it. I believe they wanna see your ability to solve an unexpected problem instead of repeat what you have already known.

Interview Questions
    • What is the best data structure for solving an Tic-tac-toe game (that's the name I know after the interview)?
      How to delete a number in a int type linked list without knowing the head of the list?
        Answer Question

Worked for Qualcomm? Contribute to the Community!