Qualcomm Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2015

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I got on-campus interview which is supposed to be 45 m long. I heard some other candidates are asked some list, pointer kind questions or somewhat easy. I have not learned what he asked so took me more than 45 minutes. It turned out to be simple. The interviewer was really nice and tried his best to help me understand the problem and guide to the solution.

Interview Questions

• Read value from a two 32 bit register which is consistently chainge   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview

I was selected by my recruiter to interview with Qualcomm, with very little details.

The interview was almost 100% technical, with little regard to what was already on my resume. Overall, it was a depressing experience: the questions were all trivia (no problem solving/whiteboarding), the interviewer didn't even tell me his name, and he smiled twice the entire forty five minutes.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Went to the campus info session and gave the resume to the recruiter. Had a phone interview with the recruiter one week later. First went through the resume for about twenty minutes, and then had several tech questions. They were all in C and very basic.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Got phone interview request. Followe by 1:1 interview. Depends on what programming language you choose you get questions. I chose C. Here are the few questions
    Difference between inline function and Macro.
    What is pointer
    What is heap memory allocation and stack memory allocation?
    When do you get segmentation fault
    what is friend function

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

it was on campus, and they had on campus intern interview. The on campus interview is purely just behavior questions and talk about the resume... and they said they would give me a phone call in two weeks, still waiting

Interview Questions

• it's on campus, which is the first step of screening people.. so basically just about your resume and ask you if you have c programming experience. The person i talked to graduated from my school so he knew the c programming class that offers in university, so he asked a bunch of questions about that class and even talked about details of the course, for example, the projects design and how do you debug.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

One HR meeting followed by five technical interviews. All wonderful people. Tech questions mostly consists of low level concepts and algorithms. It's a long process as takes the whole day, try to remain focused and not let your mind slip.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Had an on site interview at my University. They asked about my projects and a couple technical questions.The technical questions were nothing too hard, material that you should've learned in your classes.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time that you had trouble with another teammate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Very good process. I was supposed to work as a contractor for Qualcomm. The hiring manager from Qualcomm directly called me to set up an interview. I was a referral candidate too. @ hours telephonic interview and I was extended the offer letter

Interview Questions

• Very silly questions like : What are the storage classes in C ? They asked OS related stuff, and a bit about Linked lists. Rest all questions were related to C, Data Structures and projects from my resume. Make sure you know your resume well. I had taken up Wireless Communications in my 2nd semester and was asked questions on that like : What did youlearn ? Explain in brief..etc..   Answer Question

Negotiation

I went thru a Qualcomm approved vendor. Negotiated my salary from $32/hour to $35 / hour.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm (Berkeley, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online to Qualcomm some time in February 2014, and heard back a month later.
    I hate two interviews that were a mix of technical and behavioral questions.

The technical questions were centered around C++ or Java. The interviewer was flexible and let me answer based on the language that I preferred. There were some general questions about data structure, heap and stack, and other algorithm based questions.

I found the behavioural questions to be fairly detailed. It included experience working with teams, experience with existing code bases. and debugging methods.

Interview Questions

• How would you debug a piece of code without access to a debugger or an IDE?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The process was so good and i had very good interaction with all the members . Met 2 teams from Rf engineering to Software engineers. ALL questions were answered but i did not receive offer. I did not know their criteria of selection.

Interview Questions

• code for playing music playlists in random order without repetition.   Answer Question