Qualcomm

Updated Dec 5, 2014

3.1

151 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Qualcomm.

This is a telephone interview. An India guy interviewed me. But I was not used to his accent; eventually I failed. The first part is to demonstrate myself, which is normal; then the interviewer started to ask questions; mostly about C and a little bit about telecommunications field.

Interview Questions
  • Many questions about C. Not to many about telecommunications.
    One question:
    int *a=10; a++;
    string *a='10'; a++;
    What's the difference between them? Anyway, pointer problems all over.

Another one:
    Explain what you know about an TCP packet; what's the difference between TCP packets and UDP packets?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Qualcomm

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Qualcomm.

Campus recruiting interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in October 2013.

I got the opportunity to do an on-site interview after a quick phone interview. The campus is pretty nice. Although traveling between different buildings makes me a little dazed. The interview itself is smoothy, and interviewers are professional. Even you can not completely solve the problem the interviewer gives, they would give you hints and clues to solve it. I believe they wanna see your ability to solve an unexpected problem instead of repeat what you have already known.

Interview Questions
    • What is the best data structure for solving an Tic-tac-toe game (that's the name I know after the interview)?
      How to delete a number in a int type linked list without knowing the head of the list?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Had a phone interview. Selected onsite three days later. Went onsite with 6 people including HR. Questions are not so difficult. But didn't get the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Qualcomm in September 2013.

The interview took about 40 minutes. It was kind of enjoyable. The hiring manager first asked me about my previous experience and He actually let me talk. He didn't interrupt me with any kind of question. Then he formulated specials scenarios and what would I do in those situations. For example, what could go wrong or why the software could stop working if the system where the software is running is updated to a faster system? Finally he asked me how to multiply two 64bit integers with a 32 bit only microprocessor.

Interview Questions
    • What could go wrong or why the software could stop working if the system where the software is running is updated to a faster system?   View Answer

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Qualcomm in September 2013.

I submitted my resume at a career fair after a friend who worked there recommended me. About a week later I got an email to schedule an on campus interview. The interviewer asked which classes I was currently taking (which was data structures II at the time), and asked accordingly. Many of the questions were about data structures: heaps, linked/array lists, binary trees, time complexities, common sorts. The behavorial section asked the normal stuff: greatest weakness, handling some situation, etc.

A week after the interview, I was notified of my internship offer.

Interview Questions
    • You are iterating through a list reading each value in order. There are two implementations of the list: a linked-list and array-list. Alth`ough ? Assume this is in C.   View Answer
    It was just for the internship, so there was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Qualcomm in July 2013.

Hiring process tools 3 weeks. Questions are mostly related to position. Like oop concepts
    And data. Structure.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Applied online. Some questions asked:
    Write code to:
    1. convert from big endian to small endian.
    2. convert decimal to binary.
    3. Return the n element from end of a linked list.
    4. Count the occurrence of every word

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Qualcomm.

Got phone interview than onsite in 2 weeks

Interview Questions
    • write program to convert FIFO into LIFO   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Qualcomm.

The interview started with standard questions about programming. What does the static keyword mean when used in a function and outside a function. What does the non-volatile keyword mean? Design a function that tests whether or not an array of chars is a palindrome. Design a function that takes a structure and inserts it into a sorted linked list of structures. The interviewer was really pushy.

Interview Questions
    • Asked standard questions about the static and non-volatile keywords.   Answer Question