Qualcomm

Average Difficulty
127 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Qualcomm

Interview Details – Phone interview. Ask for your work experience, where did you get the job information..some basic information. Then go directly into technique questions. About 45 mins. what is virtual functions, bit operations, the keyword versatile, quick sort.

Interview Question – bit operations.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – First they carried out telephonic interview. The telephonic interview was mainly based around Real Time OS concepts, C programming. After telephonic interview got call for onsite interview.

Interview Question – Can variable be declared with "Const" and "Volatile" quantifier ?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

Interview Details – Was very tough..Be prepared with complete C knowledge

Interview Question – On pointers   Answer Question

Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in February 2013.

Interview Details – this is at colorado. Only has one interview

Interview Question – what is heap storage   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – A recruter sent me an email to schedule the phone screen after I applied online. The recruiter was very helpful and replied to my email very quickly. I had two phone interviews back to back. The first one just went through my resume and ask me some simple questions in c. I have a feeling that I did do well on the first one. The second interviewer was much tougher. We go through many technical questions, but I did not do well in this part.

Interview Question – Explain the MAC layer used in the LTE.   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in September 2012.

Interview Details – Quick and Painless interview process. Got a phone interview 2 weeks after applying online. Phone interview was purely technical, lasted 45 mins. Got call for onsite interview a week after the phone interview. All expenses paid trip to SD. 5 rounds of on-site interviews and got an offer 10 days after on-site.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – You can try to negotiate on salary but for the most part Qualcomm has clear policies about the offer.

Advise: When offered a position, someone from the hiring team will call you before you need to make a decision. Take advantage of that opportunity and ask all the questions that you have. It is very important to like your work.

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – One of the hiring managers contacted me about the position and I applied online. I went through a very demanding phone interview and then I was invited to an on-site interview. Interview was with several members of the group asking a variety of software, computer architecture and assembly questions. Overall I was good and a great fit, so I was considered for the position. I received a contingent offer but they withdraw it. I require an H1B visa and they could not sponsor me because they could not meet the deadline for the cap.

Overall, the process was very good and smooth. But there were a few issues. One or two members were very unfriendly and hostile. I do not know what their agenda was, but I had the feeling that they wanted to doubt everything I have worked in the past.

Another thing I do not like is that although they pay for hotel and plane tickets, it takes them forever to reimburse you for all the other expenses they cover (taxi, meals, etc.). It would be great if this process was much faster and direct.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were demanding and difficult but not impossible.   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Qualcomm.

Interview Details – Questions on linked list, debugging, embedded systems. Some focus on logical and aptitude based questions. A day long interview and found it to be hectic. Had a telephonic interview and then on campus. Had to meet with different team members and went over the job description.

Interview Question – Function to implement embedded systems communication protocol   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Qualcomm in January 2012.

Interview Details – Got an email from HR and scheduled a phone interview. In the phone interview I was asked some basic programming questions like bit manipulation and some OS questions like dealocks. Then I got an email to schedule an onsite interview. The onsite interview includes 5 interviewers, four of them asked tech questions and the other one is a lunch interview, so only some casual talk about my experience.

Interview Question – resource allocation for C++ class   Answer Question

Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Qualcomm in November 2012.

Interview Details – Phone Screen was setup . Started with previous background and courses etc.
Questions from the phonescreen :

What is static,volatile.Give examples where static and volatile are used ?
I asnwered

If 2^4 has 2 digits(decimal) ,how many digits are there in 2^1000?
I gave answer ceiling of 1000*log 2 (base 10).

Interview Question – Given a uni processor architecture.
A process X has code at memory location 10,000 , the PC(program counter) is pointing to it and executing instruction from there. A process Y has code at memory location 20,000. The OS(kernel) has its own code at some memory location.

How does the PC change from process from code at location 10,000 or 10,050(after some time of execution),to the kernel location during a context switch to Process B ?

Please let me know if you have the answer.

Bamboozled by this question,don't know if I get onsite :(